Katawa Shoujo: The Journey (Closed)

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Deathkeeperx

Katawa Shoujo: The Journey (Closed)

Post by Deathkeeperx »

Heyo everyone, I want to make a full walk through of KS with all the paths and endings, but I wanted to actually have some voices to go with each person. I know that is currently being done, click here to check out the channel, But I feel like the voice acting that they used where a bit sub-par.

But I do want to get across that I am not trying to copy their idea at all, I just feel like the voices that they used where not adequate to the certain characters.

I am currently looking for cast and crew for the project.

If you would like to help, or have an issue with it, or even just a question please leave a comment. I will try to respond to all comments that I can.

The current path that I want to follow for the arcs are as followed from left to right:
Emi-Hanako-Rin-Shizune-Lilly

Currently looking for cast for following roles: Needed, Found, Not yet Casting

Hanako- Momoki
Lilly- KY0UMI
Rin- MeroMero
Emi- Smochi Bonzi
Shizune-
Misha- Haruko Zala
Nurse- SirChronocide
Mutou- mysterycycle
Nomiya-
Yuuko- Smochi Banzi
Hisao- Yosuke Hanamura
Kenji- Schiffy/Markertemp
Jigoro-
Akira-
Hideaki-
Meiko- Smochi Banzai
Miki-
Sae-
Iwanako- LeafyDubs

Tech Help Needed. Needed, Found

Editor 1- SirChronocide
Artist- RyderSecrest
Vice president- AlphaWarMeister

Editor to help with video production and special effects.
Artist to help with custom images.
VP to aid in actor attendance and minor organization.

If you wish to join us then please check out our Forums for more information

If you need to reach me when I am not active on the forums I ask that you please add me on Skype: dudejustrun, My current username is "That guy, Tim"

We also have permission from the devs:
Silentcook wrote: Permission granted, in the same way as the Katawa Seiyuu project which you link in your opening post. Be warned that there are at least three YouTube voiced play-through projects by now, including yours, and probably more.

Thanks~
Death
Last edited by Deathkeeperx on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 32 times in total.
This is a fancy sentence.
Umber

Re: Katawa Shoujo Voiced Story

Post by Umber »

Huh. Listened to a couple of these and they're actually pretty interesting. But I do see your point. I guess the best voices for these characters are in your head. Then again, there isn't a definitive 'best' voice.

Regardless, that Kenji voice...
Misha's voice, I really like it.
I'm on the fence about the nurse.
Yuuko's voice seems a little too mature for me, but then again, I don't know a lot about her background, age included.
And I'd like to play the part for Shizune's voice.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

Umber wrote:Huh. Listened to a couple of these and they're actually pretty interesting. But I do see your point. I guess the best voices for these characters are in your head. Then again, there isn't a definitive 'best' voice.

Regardless, that Kenji voice...
Misha's voice, I really like it.
I'm on the fence about the nurse.
Yuuko's voice seems a little too mature for me, but then again, I don't know a lot about her background, age included.
And I'd like to play the part for Shizune's voice.
Sure, in fact I already have all her lines ready.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Awful idea, as always.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

The voices aren't bad at all. Problem is, the dialogue is meant to be read, not spoken. So it sounds a bit unnatural.

To be honest though, when I watch the characters, I imagine Japanese voice actors.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
misterprinny

Post by misterprinny »

No matter what voice actors you choose to use, someone will disagree/not like those voices

So good luck.
Head Editor at Stewart-Class 7 Studios, an OELVN studio similar to 4LS. Please check out our blog and website and our forums.
ReCodes

Post by ReCodes »

i already have voices for 5 girls in my mind already
no need for an actual voice-over
xD
~WAHAHAHA...~
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7531 <- my fan art gallery

I'm dead...for now...will be back sometimes later...
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

misterprinny wrote:No matter what voice actors you choose to use, someone will disagree/not like those voices

So good luck.
I am aware, but that doesn't mean I wont want to.
Kyvos

Post by Kyvos »

By all means, go for it! Even if someone else is doing it, everyone's got a different opinion on what the characters should sound like. Just keep in mind, though, that it's gonna take a lot of effort over a long period of time.
Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Rin
100% get!
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

Kyvos wrote:By all means, go for it! Even if someone else is doing it, everyone's got a different opinion on what the characters should sound like. Just keep in mind, though, that it's gonna take a lot of effort over a long period of time.
I know that, but I also know that I want to do this. So I will try my best.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Definately go for it. Listeners will eventually get used to whatever voices you choose.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

I do like the idea of this and have heard the voices. Just let me say one thing: Please fix that Kenji voice.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

A dumb question, but are you actors up for the sex scenes? Or are you doing the non adult version?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:A dumb question, but are you actors up for the sex scenes? Or are you doing the non adult version?
Wouldn't those be the same thing?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

pandaphil wrote:A dumb question, but are you actors up for the sex scenes? Or are you doing the non adult version?
That's a good question, but seeing as this is brand new, and as of right now I have no actors, I would like to see some who would be up for it, I want to be able to do each pathway to the fullest extent. That includes the adult parts too.