Katawa inspired anime

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Lulzipus

Katawa inspired anime

Post by Lulzipus »

Anyone what to help make an anime inspired by the series? I'm getting a few people together to help make it, but could use more. Tentative title is something like Katawa Shoujo: Dreams of Summer, and it will most likely be a new story. Any takers?
Last edited by Lulzipus on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Katawa inspired anime

Post by Silentcook »

Did you actually obtain permission from us? Look at the bottom of the FAQs.

Also creating any animation seems like a huge endeavor to me, never mind doing it with a few people.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Lulzipus

Post by Lulzipus »

It's not a literal translation into anime. The name is a placeholder (Like how TORCHWOOD was for the remakes of Doctor Who) that was just thought up in 5 seconds.

I did ask Aura, and was told as long as we make it all original it's fine.
Aura wrote:If it abides by our general terms with fan creations, there's no problem. Essentially: don't use anything directly made by us, like music/art assets/backgrounds/text. So no animation adaptation of KS itself, but if you write your own script and do your own art/music/whatever, by all means go for it.
It's as far from it as possible, but I would like to know how close is too close in your opinion. Not more than animated fan fiction.

As for the small amount of people: We love doing this kind of stuff, so it should be fine.
fireye9

Post by fireye9 »

Willing to voice act if necessary.
Niall Hamilton

Post by Niall Hamilton »

Willing to reproduce music made by 4 Leaf and make music for the piece as well
It's only a matter of time
Lulzipus

Post by Lulzipus »

Willing to reproduce music made by 4 Leaf and make music for the piece as well
Really? That sounds good. I've been working on the script right now, but if you have any idea for the music now I'm happy to listen.
Willing to voice act if necessary.
Okay, when I get a rough draft I could send you an episode. Who do you think you can do?
fireye9

Post by fireye9 »

I can do any male voice acting, though Kenji might be a bit harder for me.
Zailen

Post by Zailen »

I wouldn't mind getting involved. I have the free time around my job, and I'm not too picky on what needs to be done, so long as I have the skillset for it.
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

fireye9 wrote:I can do any male voice acting, though Kenji might be a bit harder for me.
I've been looking to expand my voice-acting a bit as well, so I might be able to do Kenji. I'm a bit of a yeller so I'm sure he'd fit. ;)
Tang

Post by Tang »

Sounds exciting. I'd be interested in small roles in the writing department. I usually end up making everyone else's writing 100x better while leaving my own stuff to rot because I'm one of those people who have to keep erasing and rewriting everything if it's from scratch. So I'd be interested in being a proofreader and editor.

I also doubt that it'd be a good idea to try to copy 4LS music, just a fair warning. :)
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Out of curiousity, are you an animator? In my experience, even those short pre-Act2 intros for each of the girls take months of work. A full-blown animated fanfic would take much, much longer. It sounds...perhaps a bit too ambitious. Maybe.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Its definitely not a project you want to take on lightly. But its still nice to daydream about. If its something you're serious about, I'd say a demo reel would be the first order of business.

Its funny how I can look at the Amagami SS Opening and so easily see Emi, Hisao, Lilly, Kenji and the others in those characters.

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Guest Poster wrote:Out of curiousity, are you an animator? In my experience, even those short pre-Act2 intros for each of the girls take months of work. A full-blown animated fanfic would take much, much longer. It sounds...perhaps a bit too ambitious. Maybe.
Oh it's definitively a gigantic project, and i hope the leaders are aware of the magnitude. I can't say about the Act2 intros but i'm not sure if they took months. I don't know if it would be necessarily too ambitious, it's true that most people undersetimate the amount of effort that goes into animation but it's not something impossible for a bunch of internet people either.

I wish i could help, but i don't know any animation and my skill in illustration isn't high enought, at least i don't think it is. Sorry about that.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

I've done some animation before, and something like the KS animations takes a hell of a lot of work for one person. I wouldn't say months, unless you have a bad work ethic, but a long-ass time. To create a full series? That does seem unreasonable unless different people work on the sketching, detail, tweening, inking, flats, shading and voice synch, which is of course a logistical nightmare.

I think Guest Poster is right, but I'll say it straight: this project is too ambitious unless you have a fairly sizable, dedicated team.
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
Dream

Post by Dream »

^ Hope you stick around on the forums. Anyways, i think your assesment of it is pretty accurate, and the project is indeed pretty ambitious. For what it's worth, it sounds as if OP already had a good bunch of people involved when he started the thread, and the guy does seem pretty decided/serious on the matter.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos