A fan MV/trailer by a new fan

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

pod7

A fan MV/trailer by a new fan

Post by pod7 »

Hello, KS Forums, this is my first post, and I am making it because I don't know anyone else IRL that has played the game, and therefore wouldn't be able to appreciate the video I made as well as someone who has played.

ANYWAY, I really enjoyed the game and thought it was made with a massive amount of love and quality, so I wanted to pay tribute to it in some way, and making a music video or a trailer felt like the best way I could do that. The song is "Come On, Come Out" by A Fine Frenzy, who has luckily been on EMI and Virgin Records so I don't think this will get taken down for copyright violation.

Video link:

Some notes:
-It looks cut off because it is; iMovie is all I had to work with, and I wanted it to be in HD, so from what I could tell that was my only option, I don't think it hurt the project too much.
-When Hisao is running, there is a ripple transition, and this was the result of an aborted attempt to mimic the "heart pounding" effect from the game.
-Originally I wanted to do a shorter TV style trailer using "Romance In Andante" because that song (and the second) were the most iconic for me of the game and felt the most like the spirit of the game from my perspective.
-If something you like is left out, I apologize, but the pacing dictated it's deletion. Though in the case of Rin's vision of herself painting, I felt that would be better as a surprise to anyone who sees the trailer first and then plays the game; sorry if taking it out butchered that part for you.

I can't think of anything else, I hope you guys like it :oops:
Order of endings I got from first to last; Emi, Misha (Shizune's bad ending), Shizune, Rin, Hanako, Lilly.
Order of favoritism, from most to least; Hanako, Rin, Lilly, Emi, Shizune, Misha (so sad ;_;)
onenightblitz

Re: A fan MV/trailer by a new fan

Post by onenightblitz »

It's quite shabby, but I sorta liked it. :)
Other than that, I suggest fading to white after the last video clip and fading to the logo. In addition, the song sorta fits, but there's something that makes me say it doesn't.

Nice work.
pod7

Re: A fan MV/trailer by a new fan

Post by pod7 »

Thanks, I pretty much made it in a couple hours, wasn't a masterpiece by any means :D

I kind of chuckled to myself when I realized how much fading to white there would be, so I made sure to have one fade to black in there. I kind of left a lot of rough jump cuts near the end there to make it seem like the pace was picking up, but what can I say, I'm no Spielberg lol Thanks for watching and leaving feedback.
Order of endings I got from first to last; Emi, Misha (Shizune's bad ending), Shizune, Rin, Hanako, Lilly.
Order of favoritism, from most to least; Hanako, Rin, Lilly, Emi, Shizune, Misha (so sad ;_;)