KS Personality Chart

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Helbereth

KS Personality Chart

Post by Helbereth »

I've posted this a few times on KSG, and it's good for a lark if nothing else.

Basically, I used 12 different KS characters (all girls) from the VN, as well as some of the more popular fan works, and wrote out snippets of personality traits, arranging them on a grid. Following a line across, down, or diagonally from a girl's name are traits related to their personalities, and where they cross are traits that the girls have in common with each-other.

It's meant for fun, not so much personal analysis. If you're honest with your answers, you might find you're similar to someone other than you would expect.

In any case, here's the chart:
Link (if you're bad at right-clicking).
Quantum Toast

Re: KS Personality Chart

Post by Quantum Toast »

Apparently I'm Suzu.

Y'know, I think I'm OK with that.

Also I'm 80% Hanako (kind of expected that) and 60% Misha (not so much).
Last edited by Quantum Toast on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I'm Hanako and Rin. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

bingo.png
bingo.png (261.02 KiB) Viewed 11202 times
Bingo! Come on you guys, do it properly. Actually don't, I think the mods would dislike that.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

Hella hecka fun, Helbereth. I was honestly taken aback by how this came out, hahah. Too weird.

Wait, I'm Misha?!
... Danger.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Apparently I'm Suzu...Which makes no sense because Suzu isn't even a character.

Also tied at four each for Hanako and Rin.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Guest90206

Post by Guest90206 »

Xanatos wrote:Apparently I'm Suzu...Which makes no sense because Suzu isn't even a character.
Xanatos wrote:sense because Suzu isn't even a character.
Xanatos wrote:isn't even a character.
Xanatos wrote:Suzu
Xanatos wrote:isn't even a character.
Hanabro to the end.
EclipsiumRasa

Post by EclipsiumRasa »

Suzu AND Rika. :/

I'm getting some awful "sorry, you're just not what we're looking for in a main character" vibes :(

- Eclair Raas
⚫ Consider yourself invited to the Katawa Shoujo Fitocracy group.
⚪ I tweet on occasion and sometimes blog on stuff related to KS.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

EclipsiumRasa wrote:Suzu AND Rika. :/

I'm getting some awful "sorry, you're just not what we're looking for in a main character" vibes :(
Well, you're almost Hanako... And Kenji, but that's not a good thing. ;)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Awesome, I got 3 from Emi, 3 from Rika, 3 from Shizune, 3 from Misha, 3 from Hanako, 3 from Rin, 3 from Miki and 3 from Kenji.
Goddamn my averageness.
EclipsiumRasa

Post by EclipsiumRasa »

OtakuNinja wrote:
EclipsiumRasa wrote:Suzu AND Rika. :/

Well, you're almost Hanako... And Kenji, but that's not a good thing. ;)
Don't forget almost Saki too.

Oddly, if I had blind guessed what results I'd have gotten before I'd have said a mix of Rin & Kenji*, with possibly some Hanako / Misha**.

I find it odd that "you are not known for your subtlety" is not a Kenji trait and "people misunderstand you often" is not a Rin trait; I'd have considered Kenji to be the gold medalist for NOT SUBTLE and Rin a Spanish hourglass for lost cheese on Tuesdays.

*(I'm not insane, antisocial or asocial but I'm plain bad at using impromptu/unprepared speech to communicate meaning; with writing or some preparation? I'd be happy to talk for a half hour in a packed lecture hall and answer questions; I know this because I've done it comfortably)

** I am a snowball of maskwearing, self doubt and neuroses at times. Hearing the words "just be yourself" as platitudinal remark that causes teeth grinding every time; the maskwearing means I have to bury an eat-shit smile for an all-too-realistic-from-far-too-much-practice fake one. And I sometimes have Rin's conversational wall-of-text habit too; not as long or as dramatic but just as tangential and conversation halting.
- Eclair Raas
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Wait...
I find it odd that "you are not known for your subtlety" is not a Kenji trait and "people misunderstand you often" is not a Rin trait; I'd have considered Kenji to be the gold medalist for NOT SUBTLE and Rin a Spanish hourglass for lost cheese on Tuesdays.
Okay, setting aside that most of this is nonsense, I couldn't necessarily apply every applicable trait to all the appropriate characters. For the grid to work, I had to think about all the characters that meet on each square and come up with a linking trait they all share. It took me a couple hours of trial and error just to get the arrangement set up such that certain characters would cross lines at particular traits.

Some of them, admittedly, have to be considered from different perspectives. For instance, the square "Navigating the world is sometimes a chore." has a completely different meaning for Lilly (blind) and Saki (degenerative disorder) than it does for Rika (somewhat antisocial). "Night time is the best time." is related to Suzu's insomnia and lowered apprehension when she doesn't have to leave the security of her room, while with Akira it's related to her enjoyment of jazz clubs and after-work activities.

While I agree those traits would apply to the characters you listed, I don't think I could have fit them along their line without having to alter the arrangement elsewhere.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Guest90206 wrote:
Not my fault it's true. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Xanatos wrote:
Guest90206 wrote:
Not my fault it's true. :lol:
To you.
EclipsiumRasa

Post by EclipsiumRasa »

Helbereth wrote:Wait...
Okay, setting aside that most of this is nonsense, I couldn't necessarily apply every applicable trait to all the appropriate characters. For the grid to work, I had to think about all the characters that meet on each square and come up with a linking trait they all share. It took me a couple hours of trial and error just to get the arrangement set up such that certain characters would cross lines at particular traits.
I didn't intend for what I wrote to be an attack on or condemnation of the Personality Chart.
Some of them, admittedly, have to be considered from different perspectives. For instance, the square "Navigating the world is sometimes a chore." has a completely different meaning for Lilly (blind) and Saki (degenerative disorder) than it does for Rika (somewhat antisocial). "Night time is the best time." is related to Suzu's insomnia and lowered apprehension when she doesn't have to leave the security of her room, while with Akira it's related to her enjoyment of jazz clubs and after-work activities.

While I agree those traits would apply to the characters you listed, I don't think I could have fit them along their line without having to alter the arrangement elsewhere.
I understand the limitations imposed by the intersecting common traits in the format and did not intend to infer you did anything but a good job with it. What I wrote was meant as a simple observation with no subtext and in hindsight reads as more thoughtless than I intended. Sorry for any offense caused.
- Eclair Raas