Katawa Seiyu

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

wazuzu

Re: Katawa Seiyū, off and running.

Post by wazuzu »

Firewind wrote: Actually, some text changes here and there were quite an improvement but yeah, not all of them. If you think this dub is awful have you tried watching other dub attempts on youtube? :lol:
I can forgive everything, but name pronounciations are a real boner killer.
pandaphil

Re: Katawa Seiyu

Post by pandaphil »

KeiichiO wrote:Yeah, I think I'll just read the VN myself.
Except I can't read the VN on the bus, or in bed, or when I'm working on something online. Thats what makes this audio version so nice.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

pandaphil wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:Yeah, I think I'll just read the VN myself.
Except I can't read the VN on the bus, or in bed, or when I'm working on something online. Thats what makes this audio version so nice.
Oh, I'm a lover of audio books. But usually, the reader is a fairly good actor/actress.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

KeiichiO wrote:
Oh, I'm a lover of audio books. But usually, the reader is a fairly good actor/actress.
Eh, its an amateur production, so I cut them some slack. Still tons better than any of the Let's Plays I've listened to.
Last edited by pandaphil on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Technomancer

Post by Technomancer »

KeiichiO wrote: Still tons better than any of the Let's Plays I've listened to.
Agreed. my plan is to turn the videos into .mp3, and listen to them like an audio book. I've read the VN so many time that I don't need pics....
Image "He wouldn't wake up...The one time he actually needed me and I wasn't there for him!”
Image "Then, please accept my first gift to you, Hisao."
I'm not good with words... what am I doing in a fourm...
ArcCain

Katawa Seiyū has begun!

Post by ArcCain »

The guy's making Katawa Seiyū has released the first wave of voice acted gameplay. Have you seen it? What do you think of it?

A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
brythain

Re: Katawa Seiyū has begun!

Post by brythain »

Wow, there's a whole lot up HERE...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

brythain wrote:Wow, there's a whole lot up HERE...
Yes there is. They have been working on it for a while now and even have a Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/KatawaSeiyu
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Oh damn, I was convinced they had given up. This is great, but I feel its going to take an incredibly long time to fully complete it. The sheer amount of different choices within the routes (Especially Rins) is going to take a huge amount of time. I suspect the dude voicing hisao to have voice strain by 2015
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

I'm on the same level as Coffee, here - I was pretty sure they'd all died. It's nice to see they've picked up again! It's gonna be nice to have the videos saved as .mp3s to make a potential audiobook, too. Reading takes more effort than listening.

that is if I can get over the (IMO) bad choice of voices for Misha and Kenji
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

I can't remember what sort of voice I had on Kenji, really should replay the game so I could remember...
As for Misha I guess they wanted a Over the top voice for a slightly over the top character.

Also, (me being bad with the internet), how can I save them as mp3 files?

*Edit: Ah, I see. There was already a old thread.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Oh damn, I was convinced they had given up. This is great, but I feel its going to take an incredibly long time to fully complete it. The sheer amount of different choices within the routes (Especially Rins) is going to take a huge amount of time. I suspect the dude voicing hisao to have voice strain by 2015
Well, going by the YouTube post dates, it's been seven months since they released the prologue. Yesterday's release appears to have four scenes in it, and there are a total of 49 scenes in Act 1. At that rate, they'll have Act 1 finished some time around the end of 2020. They'd best pick up the pace! :)
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Velitation

Post by Velitation »

Well, I knew that the facebook page was still going, but it seemed like it would be on indefinite hiatus from the lack of activity on the youtube channel. Glad to see they are pulling through.
dewelar wrote:Well, going by the YouTube post dates, it's been seven months since they released the prologue. Yesterday's release appears to have four scenes in it, and there are a total of 49 scenes in Act 1. At that rate, they'll have Act 1 finished some time around the end of 2020. They'd best pick up the pace! :)
I'd think that it'll probably be done by the end of the year. Most likely have most of the recording done, but need substantial time editing.
[fahsign]Velitation[/fahsign] Remember, it's just a game.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

KeiichiO wrote:
Zailen wrote:Ahh! They skipped Shizune on the meet the cast! Unless I somehow missed it. Now the anticipation will kill me! xD
She was there when Misha was introduced. Maybe they counted that as her introduction.
That got me too, until I realized that she never speaks out loud.

And YESZ!! I'm so glad they're continuing this. As amazing as the VN is without VA, voices bring the characters to life in a whole new way, and I actually really like their choices for Rin, Misha, Kenji, and really the whole cast. I know a certain little runner has a nice actress especially~

Wazuzu you added a little pink Russian hat. I love you.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

They said that Shizune will have a voice actor once Hisao understands her on his own.