Katawa Seiyu

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Kyvos

Katawa Seiyu

Post by Kyvos »

So, we've officially moved out of the Katawa Shoujo Forums.
We used to have a subforum at Hanako's Broken Heart Club, but because it got no use, we've decided to shut it down.

For those of you who don't know what Katawa Seiyu is, it's a collaborative project made by a group of Katawa Shoujo fans, whose purpose is to create a voice-acted version of Katawa Shoujo through a series of YouTube videos. And yes, you will be able to make choices.

You can also check us out on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/KatawaSeiyu

We've started releasing trailers, which can be viewed on our YouTube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/KatawaSeiyu

Just as a quick update, the "Meet the Cast" trailers are completed. Next up, we'll be releasing the prologue.
Last edited by Kyvos on Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:04 am, edited 8 times in total.
Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Rin
100% get!
CreedKeeper

Re: Katawa Seiyu: a Katawa Shoujo voice acting project

Post by CreedKeeper »

Auditions have officially opened up, and will be going on through October 25th!
Check out our new forum http://www.hbhc.co.cc/viewforum.php?f=15 for more information and questions, but this document
http://tinyurl.com/SeiyuAuditions should answer most of them.
Break a leg!
~Darkness beyond twilight... crimson beyond blood that flows... buried in the stream of time is where your power grows...~
Emi->Hanako->Lilly->Shizune->Rin
Kyvos

Re: Katawa Seiyu (Auditions have begun!)

Post by Kyvos »

A quick update! Auditions were originally planned to end today, but have been extended another 2 weeks.
100% get!
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

Huh? I thought voicing the VN was against the rules or something...
Kyvos

Post by Kyvos »

Sgt_Frog wrote:Huh? I thought voicing the VN was against the rules or something...
You can't make any sort of mod for the game to voice it, and 4LS have specifically said that they won't do it. However, they've given us permission to do what we're doing as long as we don't use this forum as a development area.
100% get!
Nicendeth

Re: Katawa Seiyu

Post by Nicendeth »

I didn't expect it to get beyond 10,000 views for the first trailer, honestly. Primarily this was a learning experience I think, in content, standards and fan interaction.

But it did! So grats to Josh, Arcy, and Hope. :D
pandaphil

Katawa Seiyū, off and running.

Post by pandaphil »

Well after ages of delays, it looks like they've finally released the first two chapters of the prologue.

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Technomancer

Re: Katawa Seiyū, off and running.

Post by Technomancer »

YAY! I've been waiting for this for far to long! :D
Image "He wouldn't wake up...The one time he actually needed me and I wasn't there for him!”
Image "Then, please accept my first gift to you, Hisao."
I'm not good with words... what am I doing in a fourm...
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Me too. I hope they do some longer sessions so I can listen to them in the background while I work on things. I've tried that with some of the Let's Plays, but the "Ummm's" and "Uhhh's" and stumbling over words makes that a real chore.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

That's really great! But I hope they're going to release videos more often from now on because it's quite a long VN. :?

Edit: Iwanako's voice HNNNNNGGG!
Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

That name pronounciation, eww... And skipping a word here and there.
Man, you can't feel to those.
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

wazuzu wrote:That name pronounciation, eww... And skipping a word here and there.
Man, you can't feel to those.
Actually, some text changes here and there were quite an improvement but yeah, not all of them. If you think this dub is awful have you tried watching other dub attempts on youtube? :lol:
Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Yeah, I think I'll just read the VN myself.
Zailen

Post by Zailen »

Ahh! They skipped Shizune on the meet the cast! Unless I somehow missed it. Now the anticipation will kill me! xD
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Zailen wrote:Ahh! They skipped Shizune on the meet the cast! Unless I somehow missed it. Now the anticipation will kill me! xD
She was there when Misha was introduced. Maybe they counted that as her introduction.