"Coda: Of Love & Composition" Visual Novel

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Redbullet612

"Coda: Of Love & Composition" Visual Novel

Post by Redbullet612 »

Greetings folks! I'm posting this here on behalf of my development team, Stewart-Class 7 Studios, to advertise our brand new VN project that just started up recently called "Coda: Of Love & Composition"(Formerly knows as "Chord Progression"), our go at a psychological romantic visual novel. I know there is already a thread for this, but I wanted to make this one the one big official thread! Currently, we have the general idea of the story down, so I'll do my best to catch your interest! You will play through the eyes of Seth, a University student in his early 20's, who's interested in music, and is also in a band that will play a role in the story. The setting is in New York. Not in the city, just outside in a more rural area (though it'll still be done in tradition VN style, with anime-style characters and art, don't worry!). Seth's story will come to involve one of five romantic interests, each one with their own problems and traumas to be explored and dealt with. Inspired by 4LS's Katawa Shoujo and it's theme of overcoming disability and personal issues, CoLoCo will explore the darker, more severe mental and emotional traumas that are all too common in real life. Drug addiction, abuse, broken homes, loss, and suicide, are just some of what we hope to shed some light on through our game as our characters will come to terms with their own hardships, and find hope for their futures in their own unique ways. By making this game, we not only want to entertain players, we also want to show people that there IS hope, no matter how bad things may look.

Also be sure to check out our blog @ http://chordprogressiondevblog.blogspot.ca/
And check out the forum as well @ http://sc7cp.forumotion.com/

See you guys on the boards! :)

Edit: Updates and more information regarding the game are down below!! :)
~Red
Last edited by Redbullet612 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:33 am, edited 6 times in total.
Snow_Storm

Re: ~Chord Progression~ (Working Title) Recruitment Thread!

Post by Snow_Storm »

Hmm, the darker social issue for the back story kinda reminds me of "A Drug that Makes You Dream" and a couple of old coming-of-age movie.

If you guys need a musician, I don't mind helping you guys out. Do I need to submit a demo or something or just a few samples of my original works?
Via

Post by Via »

Let's see...

Interesting project. Darker than usual, but could work in a great way if given a lot of work. Something inside me is saying that it wouldn't be a bad idea to help. There is only one problem, that being that my only true skill is writting. I'm pretty good at it. But it would seem that you have a fair amount of writers right now. The other issue is the fact that english is not the language that I'm best at... But using some correctors, that may not be so bad.

I'm in the limbo of actually offering my help or not...
Redbullet612

Post by Redbullet612 »

Snow_Storm wrote:Hmm, the darker social issue for the back story kinda reminds me of "A Drug that Makes You Dream" and a couple of old coming-of-age movie.

If you guys need a musician, I don't mind helping you guys out. Do I need to submit a demo or something or just a few samples of my original works?
We definitely could use more musicians! If you could send us some samples of your works, that would be great! :)
Via wrote:Let's see...

Interesting project. Darker than usual, but could work in a great way if given a lot of work. Something inside me is saying that it wouldn't be a bad idea to help. There is only one problem, that being that my only true skill is writting. I'm pretty good at it. But it would seem that you have a fair amount of writers right now. The other issue is the fact that english is not the language that I'm best at... But using some correctors, that may not be so bad.

I'm in the limbo of actually offering my help or not...
If you would like to be a part of the development, by all means send us an application! Just tell us what position(s) you'd like to fill and one of our guys will reply to you as soon as they can! :D
turbulentDuvet

Post by turbulentDuvet »

Hey Red_B.

I noticed your project a while ago and have been seeing how you have progressed. I'm involved with an other project but wish you and yoru team all the best wiht what initially seems to be a fascinating concept for a story. Best of luck and see you int he forums :3
People are like chemicals, they only need to come together once and they can change eachother forever.
Redbullet612

Post by Redbullet612 »

turbulentDuvet wrote:Hey Red_B.

I noticed your project a while ago and have been seeing how you have progressed. I'm involved with an other project but wish you and yoru team all the best wiht what initially seems to be a fascinating concept for a story. Best of luck and see you int he forums :3
Thanks! Good luck to you and yours as well! :)
Snow_Storm

Re: "Coda: Of Love & Composition" VN Recruitment Thread!

Post by Snow_Storm »

Hey redbullet!

I sent a sample of my music works under the email name "violinsnowkid2" and I haven't heard back from you guys through email. I was wondering if you guys filled the jobs for musicians already. Just curious.
Redbullet612

Re: "Coda: Of Love & Composition"

Post by Redbullet612 »

For information about CoLoCo, please go here: http://sc7cp.forumotion.com/t193-progre ... o-far#1306
We will not be posting updates here, so if you wish to follow CoLoCo's development, please register on our forums and/or follow our blog. Thank you for looking!

~Red
Last edited by Redbullet612 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.