Looking for input on a narration project I'm starting.

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

RedlightKing

Looking for input on a narration project I'm starting.

Post by RedlightKing »

So me and my friend had the idea to go through and narrate KS for youtube, and to use annotations which can actually let the user click on a choice to segway to the next video of narration. Once the paths are done, we'd also simply create best ending playlists which'll have the correct choice videos lined up for each character. As for the actual narration, I had the idea to simply narrate it in a comedic fashion where we could stop and throw in quips if the moment arose, so it'd be sort of like a Let's Play. Mainly I was looking for any input on the idea itself, or any help from people experienced with recording to give me some pointers on proper voice work. Thanks for any help you can give.
majormarmite

Re: Looking for input on a narration project I'm starting.

Post by majormarmite »

hey im doing the same thing but im having a different voice actor for each character
message me on youtube if you want to talk about it http://www.youtube.com/user/MajorMarmite?feature=mhee
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

There is already a project like this; Katawa Seiyu. :wink:
They've most of the characters already, so you should join them instead of starting from scratch.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

^Indeed, although there's not much left in the way of roles available for audition. Just extras and Act 2 characters left, and they're not needed to be dealt with for a while yet. In any case, good luck!
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!