Katawa Shoujo Fighting Games

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Crashmaster

Katawa Shoujo Fighting Games

Post by Crashmaster »

I know that some other threads have been made about these (http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1949) But unfortunately nothing has surfaced. I personally think this is an amazing idea that really could take off, and I got really excited when I first saw the threads, and was really disapointed when nothing came from them. I think that we should form a new team and try this again, only actually get somewhere this time.
Who's with me?
Mugendai

Re: Katawa Shoujo Fighting Games

Post by Mugendai »

If it's being developed in Python, I could help contribute to the coding aspect. Other programming languages... maybe.

Art and music, not so much.
Completed routes in order: Emi, Kenji, Hanako, Rin
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Hanako would be the most broken and unbalanced fighter in a fighting game.

If people are actually serious about making a KS fan fighting game and not saying "Well, we'll work on it." and we never hear from the leads again, I might be on board with making the music.

Also, I think the game's story mode should be kinda like either Melty Blood or Ougon Musoukyoku Cross where there are visual novel-like cutscenes and you make choices throughout teh storymode which detmiren who you fight and the result of the fights progress the story.
Crashmaster

Post by Crashmaster »

Snow_Storm wrote:Hanako would be the most broken and unbalanced fighter in a fighting game.

If people are actually serious about making a KS fan fighting game and not saying "Well, we'll work on it." and we never hear from the leads again, I might be on board with making the music.

Also, I think the game's story mode should be kinda like either Melty Blood or Ougon Musoukyoku Cross where there are visual novel-like cutscenes and you make choices throughout teh storymode which detmiren who you fight and the result of the fights progress the story.
I actually plan on getting past the ideas stage and getting it done, don't worry, and I'm sure we could find a way to balance Hanako out.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

There is a very much alive project right now. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2488
As one of the animators, I'm active there if someone posts or has a question. We do not post much on our own regularly because we have our own private forums.

We have four artists and two coders at the moment, and are working on fundamental game code and animations. We are accepting applications should anyone be interested. Please see the thread for details.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
Bowling Pin

Post by Bowling Pin »

For what it's worth, remember that Skullgirls took the better part of a decade to finally get released. I first remember hearing about the game in 2007? I think it started work in 2004? Not to mention the long and arduous process that the original Katawa Shoujo undertook...

It's cool though, I have every intention of helping get this game released so I can finally have another game to dominate my boy in. One with no fucking Juri.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Question for you, how are you doing the backgrounds? Height and width wise I mean. I had some ideas that I wanted to see if I could pull off, but I don't want to make anything that ends up being totally unusable (assuming I'm able to make the ideas work at all. :? )
Not Dead Yet
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

If this is really serious, I could help out in any way I can (though Im not sure how just yet)
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Camoufrage wrote:If this is really serious, I could help out in any way I can (though Im not sure how just yet)
Not sure if this thread is, as the OP has not said much lately. (if you guys are serious, let me know and I'll stop interrupting your thread + edit out these posts)

However, THIS thread is serious.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2488
Please read the first post and PM me if there's something you'd like to help with.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

You never answered my last PM about background details.
Not Dead Yet
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

I... JUST saw that like 5 minutes ago XD
reply sent
Bowling Pin

Post by Bowling Pin »

Snow_Storm wrote:Hanako would be the most broken and unbalanced fighter in a fighting game.
Hanako's not that broken. Lilly might be broken though, real talk.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Bowling Pin wrote:
Hanako's not that broken. Lilly might be broken though, real talk.
I was moreso cracking a joke that she's mentally broken and unbalanced, not fighting gameplay wise.