A Katawa Shoujo Play Adaption (kinda)

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

gaarathedancingpanda

A Katawa Shoujo Play Adaption (kinda)

Post by gaarathedancingpanda »

Hey, this is more of a question than a showcase of my work. There is a contest I want to enter to win a scholarship for college. The contest rules are that you must write a one act play about how disability affects daily life. I knew immediately that I wanted to use one of the characters from Katawa Shoujo, as I don't think any other story has better portrayed the real mentality of a disability. Though, I don't know if I would be allowed to do this since, if I win, I get a scholarship, so I don't know if the team would be okay with me borrowing one of their characters if there is a possibility I would get money out of it.

If any of the team could answer my question, that would be fantastic, I'm a big fan. Thanks. :D
Nekken

Re: A Katawa Shoujo Play Adaption (kinda)

Post by Nekken »

I can't speak for the dev team, but you should also talk to the people running the contest: many if not most would frown on fanfiction entries, and might disqualify it on that basis even if the dev team says it's OK.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

There's been a thread about a stage adaptation already. Devs didn't instantly reject the concept, try giving the thread a read.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3367

That being said, depending on what you want to get out of the play and what the scholarship group would want to use the performance for, things may change.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
gaarathedancingpanda

Post by gaarathedancingpanda »

Nekken wrote:I can't speak for the dev team, but you should also talk to the people running the contest: many if not most would frown on fanfiction entries, and might disqualify it on that basis even if the dev team says it's OK.
True enough.
Sajomir wrote:There's been a thread about a stage adaptation already. Devs didn't instantly reject the concept, try giving the thread a read.
Well, it isn't quite a whole adaption, I only wanted to use Emi and Rin, and it would be restricted to a one act, 40 page max anyway, so I couldn't really adapt the whole thing, or even one whole relationship track. Also, I would probably have to Americanize the characters names unfortunately.