32 Lessons I Learned & Remembered, Thanks to Katawa Shoujo.

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

wolvenfire86

32 Lessons I Learned & Remembered, Thanks to Katawa Shoujo.

Post by wolvenfire86 »

Kind of self-plugging here, but I still really wanted to share the many great lessons I learned from this game. Some of them I knew already but forgot. I think we all can agree this game affected us in someway, at the very least it being entertaining, but I'm one of those guys whose life it really changed.

http://wolvenfire86.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... hanks.html

Thanks 4LS for making this awesome game. =)
Neiko

Re: 32 Lessons I Learned & Remembered, Thanks to Katawa Shou

Post by Neiko »

Actually a pretty awesome post! The points you made were really great, and gave me some feels to think about as well.
Flesh-Puppet

Post by Flesh-Puppet »

I just showed that blog-post to my 57-year-old twice divorced uncle and he agreed with everything you'd said. The comment he made is that I was wise to immerse myself in such emotionally-enriching experiences and that the fact you were able to make an attempt of applying these lessons IRL is admirable. That happens to be my opinion as well. If I had the presence of mind to summarize my experiences after having gotten done with KS (Inb4 "manly tears"..... They really weren't that manly), I would have said a similar thing.
Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Emi >>> Shizune
V_nce

Post by V_nce »

I disagree with 25th. Im sure it will depend on how well you get along with either one of your parents, or even your grandparents or tutors; whoever raised you and not only your biological dad. The message is still clear, but it sounds a little sexist to leave mom outta one's feelings.

Other than that, you just made my day and certainly that of the people im going to share this with.
14th made me laugh so hard lol.
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Interesting, although what I learned was often somewhat different. I'm ure there are 100 different lessons or more in there too, not just the 32 mentioned. But it' also somewhat subjective, as everyone will take something different with them from such a complex game. Nice blog post anyway!
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
zettovyker

Post by zettovyker »

Feeling that #30 right now. A lot of true words in the post overall, but personally 30 is just hitting hard right now. I'm pretty much sitting here having feels, but staying true and honest toward someone specific and special to me is proving difficult.

It's hap-hazardously cliche and stupid and paradoxal and another word meaning two-faced to admit, but do get the feeling that it's just something that everyone has to deal with. You'll love/still love other people even when you get married and so on. It's just like you said, it's easy to love people, but it is indeed a choice to love someone for who they are.
That awesome moment when you stay true to yourself and people are okay with you.
The O.H.L.

Post by The O.H.L. »

25 is probably the most relevant to me and I am glad that SOMEONE recognised that because it seems no one has so far in IRL.
Guess who's back, back, back, back again.
Not that I ever made any great contributions, but oh well, too bad.
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

These are all quite true. I really don't want to believe 22. It's a bitter pill, but even it is true. And I've always believed almost all of the other ones. But before most of them were abstract concepts I never quite grasped. This game supplied images to illustrate the words.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
wolvenfire86

Post by wolvenfire86 »

It’s been a while since I posted this link here. I just want to thank everyone who read and responded to what I wrote. I am happy that I could share a bit of my thoughts with you all…

…but I really want to thank 4LS and all they have done for me and the other readers. That damn game broken me and made me cry harder than any other game before. I loved every second of it.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

That's a very good list; some things I hadn't thought of on there. Thanks for putting it together.

Number 28 rings especially true for me. Talk to the shy, quiet girl. Do it. Do it now.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Chrono180

Post by Chrono180 »

That is an EXCELLENT blog post. I loved it so much i custom made a T-shirt with several of the sayings on it. Thank you for posting it.
wolvenfire86

Post by wolvenfire86 »

Chrono180 wrote:That is an EXCELLENT blog post. I loved it so much i custom made a T-shirt with several of the sayings on it. Thank you for posting it.
Got any pictures of said shirt?
shiro_midori

Post by shiro_midori »

31. You’re going to be okay. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not for a while, but you’re going to be okay.

Yes. I will be. It will be OK. This is the one that stands out the most for me.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

28. Talking to the shy, quiet girl may be one of the best decisions you ever make.
...I might as well.
Help those that just moved in to your school, don't make them feel alone.

Along with curiosity, how many people in this KS community are girls?
"Don't die!"
~Anonymous
Linnie

Post by Linnie »

Best blog post for a while I must say :) Thank you for these.
ImageImage
"When I saw you I was afraid to meet you.
When I met you I was afraid to kiss you.
When I kissed you I was afraid to love you.
Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you.."
<3