Old Spice Commercial: Nurse Edition

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

DanteWahou

Old Spice Commercial: Nurse Edition

Post by DanteWahou »

Are you an Old Spice Man? The Nurse is, for sure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQLNeGIYCMM
mainframe004

Re: Old Spice Commercial: Nurse Edition

Post by mainframe004 »

"Hee-sao." Sorry, I chuckled a bit while watching this. XD

Then again, I'm not actually sure how you're supposed to pronounce his name.

"We live as we do to show the world what it could be." ~ Machinae Supremacy - Overworld

Paths: Lilly > Hanako > Rin = Emi >>> Shizune
Characters: Hanako > Rin > Shizune > Emi > Lilly
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

"Hee-sao" is indeed correct. There was a pastebin thing that linked to all the names on like a vocaliser thing, but I don't have it on me at the moment and I can't be bothered running to my GFAQs sticky.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
DanteWahou

Post by DanteWahou »

Yeah this should be the pronunciation from the pastebin, I believe.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

"I'm on a desk"

Worth listening to for that alone xD
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Hisao wouldn't need to use feminine shampoo if he didn't keep waking up in the girls' dorms.
Last edited by WorldlyWiseman on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
DanteWahou

Post by DanteWahou »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:Hisao wouldn't need to use feminine shampoo if he didn't stop waking up in the girls' dorms.
ZING! xD
zettovyker

Post by zettovyker »

Hell, at this rate even I'd buy some just to sound and look like that.
That awesome moment when you stay true to yourself and people are okay with you.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

I don't know why, but I got chills. Anyways, that was entertaining.
Sin of my sins

Post by Sin of my sins »

That was funny, although I expected Old Spice fall more in Jigoro's repertoire :p
DanteWahou

Post by DanteWahou »

Sin of my sins wrote:That was funny, although I expected Old Spice fall more in Jigoro's repertoire :p
Except it'd be like the Terry Crews Old Spice commercials...nothing, but yelling. xD And maybe a sweater vest remark or two.
*Ideas are brewing here, folks...*

Post by Guest »

That made me wish KS had voiceacting.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Awesome stuff, you actually SOUND like the nurse voice I had imagined! This feels like the sort of joke he'd love to pull, too... that grin fits the Old Spice guy perfectly. I do have a comment on that pronunciation, though.

While the pronunciation of "hee" was correct, it still sounded funny because you're trying to pronounce it like it's written in English. Hisao isn't two syllables in Japanese, it's three. Every single vowel gets its own syllable - they do not combine vowels into diphthongs.

hee-sahw is what I'm hearing right now, but

hee-sah-oh is more accurate.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
DanteWahou

Post by DanteWahou »

Sajomir wrote:Awesome stuff, you actually SOUND like the nurse voice I had imagined! This feels like the sort of joke he'd love to pull, too... that grin fits the Old Spice guy perfectly. I do have a comment on that pronunciation, though.

While the pronunciation of "hee" was correct, it still sounded funny because you're trying to pronounce it like it's written in English. Hisao isn't two syllables in Japanese, it's three. Every single vowel gets its own syllable - they do not combine vowels into diphthongs.

Thanks for that! It's good to get some criticism along with nice compliments about the voice as well. My main concern was with the pronunciation, but I definitely can hear where I need to make my improvements. Probably also doesn't help that I say his name pretty fast multiple times; the lack of time I take to say the person's name, the more it kind of sounds like a blurb of noise. I'll definitely be working on the pronunciation a lot more, especially when it comes to recording lines for the fan dub I'm a part of. Fortunately all the lines I've done so far I haven't actually said Hisao, just referring to him as Nakai. So I'll take your advice into some serious consideration when the time comes that I say his name in recording. Thank you very much!
shiro_midori

Post by shiro_midori »

Sajomir wrote: While the pronunciation of "hee" was correct, it still sounded funny because you're trying to pronounce it like it's written in English. Hisao isn't two syllables in Japanese, it's three. Every single vowel gets its own syllable - they do not combine vowels into diphthongs.

In theory, yes, but in practice, two vowels often are slurred together to create the impression of a single syllable. For example, "kudasai" (ください) should indeed be pronounced with only three syllables (kuh-da-sigh), not four (kuh-dah-sah-ee). Also, two identical vowels together usually create an elongated vowel sound, like in "iie" (いいえ; ee-eh), instead of the same vowel sound repeated (ee-ee-eh).