Katawa Shoujo Cosplay General

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

mainframe004

Re: Katawa Shoujo Cosplay General

Post by mainframe004 »

^ Heh, you guys ARE fast. Though she's somewhat late with the testing (I made a post about cosplaying Hisao with her months ago; we're late because the wigs took forever to get shipped), I'm really glad it turned out well. I still have to get my own wig fixed up (I have not the slightest idea how to cut/style it, and I no longer trust traditional hairstylists when it comes to cosplay) before I can provide test shots of my own.

We'll be in a con in September as Hisao and Shizune, and we'll definitely post pics, so stay tuned! :D

"We live as we do to show the world what it could be." ~ Machinae Supremacy - Overworld

Paths: Lilly > Hanako > Rin = Emi >>> Shizune
Characters: Hanako > Rin > Shizune > Emi > Lilly
Zoram

Post by Zoram »

I could point some nitpicks (especially how Misha lent her drills to Lilly :lol: ) but I really like this group, especially with Lilly being, appropriately, the tallest.

Wanderingheartache

Post by Wanderingheartache »

wow, that is very well done... perhaps too well done for Hanako.
I was drawn to this for a reason, the name I picked was for a reason deeper than I can actually think of... Yamaku is not just a fantasy to me.

(no avatar, I choose to be faceless willingly...)
Wolfbeard

Post by Wolfbeard »

Hihi! this is the hanako from the last batch of pictures
wow they got posted up even before i had the chance to hahaha XDD

Thank you Zoram and Wanderingheartache, i am glad that you like our cosplays <:) <3

now i don't want to be the one to make excuses but please excuse our drilless Misha
long story short we had to actually buy her wig on the morning of the convention
so we had pretty much no time to style it ):

nevertheless, we are thinking of reshooting our group one day...perhaps with the addition of new members :P
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Wolfbeard wrote:Hihi! this is the hanako from the last batch of pictures

Thank you Zoram and Wanderingheartache, i am glad that you like our cosplays <:) <3

now i don't want to be the one to make excuses but please excuse our drilless Misha
long story short we had to actually buy her wig on the morning of the convention

nevertheless, we are thinking of reshooting our group one day...perhaps with the addition of new members :P
If you can get that adorable Rin from earlier in the topic and an Emi, that would be quite possibly the best cosplay group Katawa Shoujo has ever seen. Well done.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Wanderingheartache

Wolfbeard wrote:Hihi! this is the hanako from the last batch of pictures

Hanako, wow... your burns are a little unsettling. I mean it is a really great job and it looks like professional grade work... it is rare that I see such detail. I have to ask how long it took to prepare such a masterpiece?
I was drawn to this for a reason, the name I picked was for a reason deeper than I can actually think of... Yamaku is not just a fantasy to me.

Wolfbeard

Post by Wolfbeard »

BlackWaltzTheThird, ahahaha yeah! that rin is certainly hnnnggghh material
sadly i do not know where she is located :P but we'll see if we can find somone as cute as her

Wanderingheartache, ah wow thanks! that was actually my first time doing anything like that actually!! and i was so happy with how it came out!
luckily i had the awsome massive-tile-sale (the hanako from a few pages before) as my tutor!! :DDD
hmm i don't really know how long it took but i had to get up an hour earlier than everyone else to finish it on time :PP

ohoh!! i have a funny story reguarding my makeup!!
i'll just put it in spoiler tags
At the end of the con me and the girls decided to go and change back into our normal gear. So we all walked with my boyfriend to where his car was parked (around where old sega world was).

So while the other girls were changing i decided to sit outside with my boyfriend to keep him company. I also thought it would be the perfect time to pick off the latex off my face.

Mother of god was it painful! every few centimeters i had to stop in order to hold back my tears.

Now just when i was 1/2 of the way through one of those tiny tourist trains that runs through darling harbour slowly approaches where we were sitting.

So here i am peeling off my face sooo slowly while each carriage filled with tourist parents and their innocent children gradually passes by with horrified looks on their faces...

I am a horrible person, and I love it.
Wanderingheartache

Wow, that is quite the story... I kinda want to do that now but there isn't a light rail or anything in my city other than buses and I have already done enough trauma to the drivers when I go out drinking. Aw, that's a shame though... I kinda wanted to know because I figure a genderbend version might take longer if I forget to shave the night before. But you said you had to wake up an hour earlier than everyone else? I think that is a pretty good timeframe for me to work with...

I think if I do go through with my cosplays, I'll do Hanako last because of the complexity

spirizu

Post by spirizu »

Sorry to derail the thread, just wanted to interject for a moment.

DAT LILLY. :shock:
WANT.

With that said, I'll leave you lot get back to the cosplay.
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Those were all great, but Hanako's scars look way too fresh, like she just got them.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
Wanderingheartache

Dr. Robotnik wrote:Those were all great, but Hanako's scars look way too fresh, like she just got them.
Now that you mention it... yeah, they do look too fresh. Oh god that makes it even more unsettling... still a very professional looking job

Hongu

Post by Hongu »

Those cosplays are great! The Shizune is probably my favorite, Lilly looks a bit too...how should I say, out of character? The girl who cosplays her is beautiful, but it doesn't seem to capture the elegance and peace that Lilly truly has.
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Lilly's eyes are too focused. She needs to be gazing off into nothingness with her eyes defocused more.
Zoram

Post by Zoram »

An Hanako cosplayer.

Another photo of the Shizune of that group.

Another Shizune. The plushie... and those stairs... :cry:
Image Image
theatregeek90

Post by theatregeek90 »

I'm the Emi! So glad you got a photo of me! ^-^
Sajomir wrote:I was just at Anime Central this last weekend and I ran into Emi and Hanako! I know Emi had a Hisao with her... sorry I didn't get you in the picture!
Saw another Hanako outside while my hotel was evacuating due to a fire alarm, so unfortunately I couldn't get her picture, too.
I'll admit I wanted to brag about being on the fighting game team and seeing some fun progress on both your characters... maybe next time! :P

(I'm so sorry my camera royally sucks indoors - replacing it before next year)

Hanako's scarring was pretty cool close up!