Video - Tribute to Emi Ibarazaki

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Xaviour

Video - Tribute to Emi Ibarazaki

Post by Xaviour »

I'd just like to start out by saying I love this game. It hit me deeply emotionally, but you might already be used to people saying that.
I'd never played any visual novels before this one, I would call it a good introduction.

Anyway, to the topic at hand: I played through Emi's route and loved it. Shortly after, I heard the song "Robot Boy" by Linkin Park. By God, they fit perfectly together.
There's only one way to see if they truly do, which is why I created this short AMV (3:30).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk1HLHk0m7Y

Now, I know Emi isn't always the preferred character, but I for one loved the writing style of Hivemind, and the art style of Pimmy (and Moekki?).
So, what do you think? Does the song fit?

Edit: I'd just like to point out that the video should be fairly safe from spoilers. It depends on how sensitive you are, conversations and pictures are shown out of context for anyone who hasn't played her route.
Last edited by Xaviour on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
historylover85

Re: Video - Tribute to Emi Ibarazaki

Post by historylover85 »

Is there any way I can get a copy of this video? I have to say it was really well done. Emi was definitely my favorite and made the most impact on me.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Xaviour wrote:Now, I know Emi isn't always the preferred character,
Bite your tongue! Only the ignorant and blighted masses can not understand the wonder that is Emi. :lol:
Xaviour wrote: but I for one loved the writing style of Hivemind, and the art style of Pimmy (and Moekki?).
Very much in agreement with you there. THM's writing style resonates very well with me. I still have to finish Rin's path but so far even the "bad end" in the Emi's path left me with more emotional impact than some of the other "good endings". (I'm not claiming that there isn't some darn fine writing on the other heroines paths or anything bad about the characters or the folks that like them. I'm just honestly stating my personal experience and preference.)
Xaviour wrote:So, what do you think? Does the song fit?
Hell yeah. "The weight of the world will give you the strength to go"
I find it a damn good fit.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Great AMV, very good choice of music.
@historylover: Why don't you just grab it from youtube?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Demoneq

Post by Demoneq »

I have to go through Emi's route yet (I was hesistant to open the link for that reason, because of possible spoilers and such), but the video's nice, and song as well. :)
Xaviour

Post by Xaviour »

historylover85 wrote:Is there any way I can get a copy of this video? I have to say it was really well done. Emi was definitely my favorite and made the most impact on me.
Well, you could just take it straight from youtube. Here's a good, free program for it: http://www.any-video-converter.com/prod ... ideo_free/
Or you could give me your e-mail and I can send it to you, maybe that's a bit easier. And thank you for the kind words, I'm glad to see the song didn't only hit me.
Bara wrote:
Xaviour wrote:Now, I know Emi isn't always the preferred character,
Bite your tongue! Only the ignorant and blighted masses can not understand the wonder that is Emi. :lol:
Xaviour wrote: but I for one loved the writing style of Hivemind, and the art style of Pimmy (and Moekki?).
Very much in agreement with you there. THM's writing style resonates very well with me. I still have to finish Rin's path but so far even the "bad end" in the Emi's path left me with more emotional impact than some of the other "good endings". (I'm not claiming that there isn't some darn fine writing on the other heroines paths or anything bad about the characters or the folks that like them. I'm just honestly stating my personal experience and preference.)
Xaviour wrote:So, what do you think? Does the song fit?
Hell yeah. "The weight of the world will give you the strength to go"
I find it a damn good fit.
Wow, I really wasn't expecting such a great response. It's good to know there are more Emi followers than the few I've seen. And I'll have to agree with you, the bad ending really hit with a 'bang', no chance of recuperating quickly after that blow.
That such a realistic story could also become so amazing is very impressive. The melodrama and comic relief was balanced perfectly. I wasn't here for the demo of Act 1, sadly, but looking back it seems like the new sprites outclass the old ones.
Mirage_GSM wrote:Great AMV, very good choice of music.
Thank you for the praise. I'm not a veteran, so I suppose I was lucky enough to get great music and great images with deep background to blend together. I hate to admit the only thing mine is the text :wink:
Demoneq wrote:I have to go through Emi's route yet (I was hesistant to open the link for that reason, because of possible spoilers and such), but the video's nice, and song as well. :)
Thanks for the reminder, I tried to keep spoilers out as best I could. It should be fairly safe to see it anyway. Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated.
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

Wow. That was really good. It definitely fits Emi and her character.
Morello

Post by Morello »

Great choose of music and scenes. Text could be fit better, tough.
Still, awesome work, dude.
historylover85

Post by historylover85 »

I never realized that you can download from youtube lol. I figured it out though, thanks. :D
historylover85

Post by historylover85 »

Only bad thing about it is that I haven't played the game in about a week, trying to get over the "feels" lol. I was finally starting to feel better, then after watching this it all came rushing back. :(