Katawa Shoujo Pendant

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Katanymous

Katawa Shoujo Pendant

Post by Katanymous »

I was browsing a 3D printing site and I stumbled upon this little gem:

http://www.shapeways.com/editmodel?model=447480

What do you guys think? I'm considering grabbing one...
Esa94

Re: Katawa Shoujo Pendant

Post by Esa94 »

"So many feels"

Looks nice, methinks. Shapeways stuff is a bit pricey, though.
Katanymous

Post by Katanymous »

I agree. A lot of their stuff seems kinda pricey (mostly after shipping costs) but a lot fo their stuff is also really really neat.

I was checking out the remainder of AyameDeude's shop and the Minecraft earrings and Pokeball charms really caught my eye.
Aelexe

Post by Aelexe »

Make sure to put a picture up if you do grab one; I'd be fully interested in one if I could see a picture of it.
hmoonboi

Post by hmoonboi »

I just ordered that. It's shipping on the 7th, but I'll post a picture of it when I get it.

Post by Guest »

Which material did you get?
I'm about to order one right now too.

If the Stainless Steel was smoother, I'd like it better.
I'm thinking of getting the Gold Plated Gloss of Stainless Steel.
hmoonboi

Post by hmoonboi »

Guest wrote:Which material did you get?

I got White Strong & Flexible Polished. I gonna see how pendant hold first before I go back and get the Stainless Steel.

Post by Guest »

hmoonboi wrote:
Guest wrote:Which material did you get?

I got White Strong & Flexible Polished. I gonna see how pendant hold first before I go back and get the Stainless Steel.
Alright, cool.
Thank you for your answer.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Hmm, somehow I don't think any of this was authorized by the devs...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
ayamedeude

Post by ayamedeude »

Wow, I can't believe someone is sharing my model. Even more so that I found out someone that posts here bought it.

I would like to mention that I never really expected anyone to buy anything from my store (first sale ever, woo!) but, since that has been proven incorrect, I have contacted Suriko and formally asked for permission to continue.

Should I be instructed, I will take the model off of Shapeways and do most any other things they feel would be reasonable. It would be a shame if that were the case though, it looks like some of you guys actually like it.

edit: also, congrats hmoonboi for being the first customer!
asdfsdf

Post by asdfsdf »

I thought about modeling Hanako in Blender and then use a 3D-Print Service to make a figurine of her. Is there any way to do this without making money of it?
Like, can you print stuff on Shapeways without setting up a store, but also make everybody else to buy it (but only pay Shapeways and not me so they only pay for the material or something like that, if you know what I mean. I don't want to profit from this but still share the stuff.)? Or would everybody need to go through the process of uploading the model on their own?
tl;dr:
I want to make cool KS Figurines without getting money for it, how do?
hmoonboi

Post by hmoonboi »

ayamedeude wrote:Wow, I can't believe someone is sharing my model. Even more so that I found out someone that posts here bought it.

I would like to mention that I never really expected anyone to buy anything from my store (first sale ever, woo!) but, since that has been proven incorrect, I have contacted Suriko and formally asked for permission to continue.

Should I be instructed, I will take the model off of Shapeways and do most any other things they feel would be reasonable. It would be a shame if that were the case though, it looks like some of you guys actually like it.

edit: also, congrats hmoonboi for being the first customer!
Woo! Awesome!

Impulsive buying FTW!
ayamedeude

Post by ayamedeude »

asdfsdf wrote:I thought about modeling Hanako in Blender and then use a 3D-Print Service to make a figurine of her. Is there any way to do this without making money of it?
Like, can you print stuff on Shapeways without setting up a store, but also make everybody else to buy it (but only pay Shapeways and not me so they only pay for the material or something like that, if you know what I mean. I don't want to profit from this but still share the stuff.)? Or would everybody need to go through the process of uploading the model on their own?
tl;dr:
I want to make cool KS Figurines without getting money for it, how do?
You can set your profit to zero if you would like. Doing this nets you no money, but Shapeways still gets a decent profit off of it.

Personally, I just set the total prices to the nearest roundish number (in this case, 9.99) so that the price looks better.
Sephiru

Post by Sephiru »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Hmm, somehow I don't think any of this was authorized by the devs...
The game is free, and they're not losing money. I realize they don't want people to edit the game or sell their ideas and characters for profit, and I don't mean any disrespect at all, but if it happens with characters that have multi million dollar franchises, it can happen with KS too. I totally don't mean that in a rude way at all, so sorry if it comes across that way. I mean, what if someone at a convention wanted to sell a commissioned sketch of Misha? How would that differ from selling fanmade KS merchandise? I just think that successful franchises in general get a lot of their spotlight from fanmade merchandise through sites like Etsy and DeviantArt or at conventions, and it's a good medium for publicity too. If they're not selling the game, and the game itself has their name on it, I don't know how it could hurt.
Again, that's just how it seems from where I'm standing and I don't mean any offense to the devs or anyone else.
ayamedeude

Post by ayamedeude »

hmoonboi wrote:Woo! Awesome!

Impulsive buying FTW!
Oh hey, BTW. When you upload the picture of the pendant, may I use it for my store front?

I was going to use pictures of the one I bought for prototyping, but I messed up when I was coloring it and it got all...orange. Last time I trust the box art for color. :roll: