Katawa Shoujo Pendant

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

ayamedeude

Re: Katawa Shoujo Pendant

Post by ayamedeude »

Aw man, it looks amazing in steel.
Misery

Post by Misery »

ayamedeude wrote:Aw man, it looks amazing in steel.
Indeed it does. Very pleased with my purchase. :D
Hitman3256(not feeling like logging in again)

Post by Hitman3256(not feeling like logging in again) »

Wow it looks awesome!

It seems a bit rough, but I wasnt expecting it to come out smooth and flawless considering the way it's made :P The roughness gives it an almost unique quality too, Hisao does have arrhythmia...not exactly a healthy heart.
How much does the steel cost? I would so buy it if I could -.- and if people ask me why I'm carrying around a heart...I'd say because I'm emotional :)

So to the people that have bought it so far: What will you guys do with them??
Misery

Post by Misery »

Hitman3256(not feeling like logging in again) wrote:Wow it looks awesome!

It seems a bit rough, but I wasnt expecting it to come out smooth and flawless considering the way it's made :P The roughness gives it an almost unique quality too, Hisao does have arrhythmia...not exactly a healthy heart.
How much does the steel cost? I would so buy it if I could -.- and if people ask me why I'm carrying around a heart...I'd say because I'm emotional :)

So to the people that have bought it so far: What will you guys do with them??
On closer inspection of the stainless steel version, it's a little bit rough around the base of the loop, where it connects to the pendant itself. Granted, it's probably a little bit tricky to buffer such a hard-to-reach place. I like it the way it is, "textured" or "rough", gives it a bit of character in my opinion.

My version cost me something like $60 AUD plus shipping, which was surprisingly expensive given the size of the object in question.

I bought mine as a momento, for almost sentimental reasons, but also as a physical reminder of KS (even though it's not exactly official). I more than likely won't wear mine, I'll probably just keep it somewhere.
MagicMaster87

Post by MagicMaster87 »

Hey guys, I also purchased a stainless steel version of this pendant. The quality is very good, although I'm a bit disappointed in the coloring since I was expecting, you know, a silvery steel color and not the more bronze-y color that is apparently standard for shapeway's stainless steel medium. Figured more pictures couldn't hurt, so here's one of my pendant next to a silver dollar, for both size and color reference. Note that they're both a tad more golden in the picture due to being taken with my crappy cell phone, the coin is the standard silver-grey like a quarter.

alien.marksman

Post by alien.marksman »

Yep, Just got home and this was waiting at my door step.

Stainless Steel..
With a US quarter Dollar, and an Australian 10cent piece for size comparison.

Quite a weighty piece, gonna need a sturdy chain or leather strap.
Or you could thread a key ring loop through it and carry it with your keys.
Attachments
Scale.jpg
Scale.jpg (108.19 KiB) Viewed 2760 times
For Queen and Country
ayamedeude

Post by ayamedeude »

I love that everyone's pendants look as good as they do! It feels good knowing that I'm doing something that people like. :)

@MagicMaster87 I'm sorry there wasn't anything that I could do to help you more, but at least it came out well...aside from the slight coloration that is.