Katawa Shoujo Pendant

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

TheKingOfFacade

Re: Katawa Shoujo Pendant

Post by TheKingOfFacade »

I'd love to see what this looks like as a tangable item rather than the model. It may well be the deciding factor of my purchase; Assuming that 4LS is fine with the whole thing ofcourse.
hmoonboi

Post by hmoonboi »

ayamedeude wrote:
Oh hey, BTW. When you upload the picture of the pendant, may I use it for my store front?

I was going to use pictures of the one I bought for prototyping, but I messed up when I was coloring it and it got all...orange. Last time I trust the box art for color. :roll:
Definitely! I got confirmation that they started making it yesterday. It'll still be another 2-3 weeks though till I get it in.
ayamedeude

Post by ayamedeude »

hmoonboi wrote:
Definitely! I got confirmation that they started making it yesterday. It'll still be another 2-3 weeks though till I get it in.
It may come in earlier than that. I had an order come in in about 12 days (protyping minecraft earrings and the pokeball ring). Since you're only buying WSF polished, it may arrive to your place two weeks from purchase. Also note that the email updates seem to be a day or two late and not live.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

Please post a picture when you get it. Curious how this turns out.
hmoonboi

Post by hmoonboi »

Okay, just got confirmation that it just got shipped today.

Should be in by Friday or Saturday. And I'll post it as soon as I get it!
Misery

Post by Misery »

TheKingOfFacade wrote:I'd love to see what this looks like as a tangable item rather than the model. It may well be the deciding factor of my purchase; Assuming that 4LS is fine with the whole thing ofcourse.
This.

I, too, am very curious as to see how well this comes out in the real-time, and would most definitely consider snatching up something physical to remember KS by. That said, official merchandise would be awesome. Will definitely be monitoring this thread for pics once it arrives!
ayamedeude

Post by ayamedeude »

Small update: Apparently the loop on my model was considered too thin by shapeways standards (if you wanted any metal versions) so I went to size it up. I noticed that someone tried to order steel but it was cancelled. I tried checking why that would be and that is the only thing that I could find that would explain it. So, if anyone here tried to order a steel/bronze version, that would be why. My deepest apologies.
zettovyker

Post by zettovyker »

Hmm, even I'm tempted to buy one or two of these... I wonder how strong the chains are, since I'm pretty reckless with with anything I wear anyways haha.
That awesome moment when you stay true to yourself and people are okay with you.
hmoonboi

Post by hmoonboi »

I got it in yesterday but didn't have the time till today.

It's a nice size but the loop is too thin to be used as a pendant, the new loop might work though.

Over all, it's a really nice design. I wouldn't mind carrying a little part of KS with me.

I'll probably get a steel pendant when I get paid.
Attachments
Front/Back/Comparison
Front/Back/Comparison
Pendant.jpg (175.26 KiB) Viewed 5696 times
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

Not bad.
If i get mine i'll probably put some wash on it to make the bandages more visible.

Other than that that looks awesome~
wonder what a metal one would look like.
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
ayamedeude

Post by ayamedeude »

hmoonboi wrote:I got it in yesterday but didn't have the time till today.

It's a nice size but the loop is too thin to be used as a pendant, the new loop might work though.

Over all, it's a really nice design. I wouldn't mind carrying a little part of KS with me.

I'll probably get a steel pendant when I get paid.
Wow, it looks great in polished! I'm glad you got your pendant and I've beefed up the loop to be 3mm thick. That should be good for anything you need it to do.

I've also looked into having a leather cord included with the purchase, but shapeways has apparently stopped that service. :roll:
Severin09

Post by Severin09 »

I think I might get one of these :)
zettovyker

Post by zettovyker »

Yup, definitely buying one in a metal for sure... though it might be a bad idea since I plan to never take it off. Ever.
That awesome moment when you stay true to yourself and people are okay with you.
alien.marksman

Post by alien.marksman »

Interested in getting a metal version.
Just have to wait a bit until the revised versions are available I guess
For Queen and Country
ayamedeude

Post by ayamedeude »

alien.marksman wrote:Interested in getting a metal version.
Just have to wait a bit until the revised versions are available I guess

I've already updated the model to have the beefier loop. Its also anchored to the actual heart better.