New Age Retro Hippie wrote:Despite the fact that it likely shouldn't happen, I'd love to see Lilly appear, if only for a short time. Entirely sentimental, and don't take it as a serious suggestion (unless, of course, it really works :v). For such a comic, if there was ever a returning character besides Hisao and Hanako, it would be...
Mutou (visiting due to Hisao's similar interest in science perhaps?)
Nurse (checking up on Hisao/Hanako)
Kenji (still obsessed with feminism, and visits Hisao on a whim to interrogate him)
And of course, Lilly (and anyone related to her, though to a lesser extent).
I'm playing with the possibility of the Nurse still being in contact with Hisao and Hanako in some way (and perhaps visiting) but I'm gonna see how the rest of the story develops first. Lilly is also a possibility, although most likely only by phone.
Anyway since I've been real slow and lazy lately all I've got for you is more character concepts (well, one or two more and the rest "complete" with full names). I'm still refining my drawing so no drawings yet, but as soon as I've got more I'll be posting it.
- Kouhei Yokoyama: Male friend of Hisao's from University. Suprisingly adept at adapting to and accepting new things. Is a good friend to both Hisao and Hanako. Mid-length blonde hair, stubble, brown eyes, wears a red hoodie with jeans and trainers. Friendly and outgoing, but sometimes quick to excite. Also lives in the flat next door to Hisao and Hanako, and often comes to visit them. Age 21.
- Sachiko Mihama: Another friend from University. Mid-long length black hair, brown eyes. Wears blue converse-styled sneakers with capri trousers and a t-shirt. Prides herself on never wearing makeup. Childhood friend of Kouhei, and often quarrels with him, though mostly playfully. Loud and energetic, but friendly and caring. Enjoys playing tennis, which she often does with Kagura. Age 21.
- Manabu Kuwahara: Yet another friend from University, though isn't in sciences. Mid-short length dark brown hair, hazel eyes. Has glasses. Wears a denim jacket over a black shirt which is never fully buttoned with one of various designed t-shirts, brown casual slacks and brown shoes. Almost always has his backpack with him, which contains a laptop, various books, and other misc items. Kind and friendly, but quickly embarrassed, and often quiet. Tends to be found at Kouhei's flat. Age 20.
- Kagura Isogai: Another University-goer, again not in sciences. Brown hair with dyed red streaks tied into a short ponytail, green eyes. Wears a standard skirt with short socks, trainers, and a sleeveless shirt. Quick tempered, but good natured and brave, and, unlike Sachiko, a lot more toned down off of the courts. Sachiko's tennis partner. Will sometimes ditch the skirt/shirt for a red/white tracksuit. Age 21.
- Nozomu Ishikawa: Kouhei's roommate. Works at a local bookstore, and as such is a good friend of the duo that lives in the flat next door. Mid-short-length black hair, slicked back to show his forehead, dark blue eyes. Wears a shirt which always has the sleeves rolled up with casual slacks and shoes, and is normally never seen without the bookstore apron. Intelligent and collected, but enjoys firing off wisecracks, puns, and other forms of witty humour. Plays baseball every second weekend for a local team, and is quite athletic despite his bookstore job. Age 23.
- Shiro Kasukabe: A 27 year old Salaryman who lives in the OTHER flat next to H+H. Wise and mature, he is rarely seen due to his job (in fact, his job is so busy that he is unable to even meet H+H for nearly four months). Buzzcut brown hair, brown eyes. Wears oval shaped glasses and a dark blue suit with a light blue shirt and plain black clip-on tie. Is extremely resistant to alchohol.
I'll have some concepts for the main locations that will be seen done soon, hopefully.