Design your character!

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Otakumon

Re: Original characters here (do no steal)

Post by Otakumon »

Here is a thread.http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3227
I was surprised at the time at how few people posted a character but since that contest was a little before I started I guess the majority of the posters at the time had already been over that subject. Maybe now that the game is out we might see it grow some.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Re: Design your character!

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Name: Zakoro "Zak" Akarada
Height: 178cm
Weight: 61kg
Build: Slim
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue

The son of two half-Japanese business executives, Zak describes his nationality as "a bit of everything". Due to his parent's occupations, his family often moves large distances. As a result, Zak often did not have time to make friends and thus spent a lot of time alone, reading through novels at a considerable pace or playing one of the hundreds of video games his parents bought him. It was while spending another day home alone that caused Zak's life to be flipped up side down.

His parents out at some office making multi-million dollar deals, and no other person to speak of in the house, a crash from downstairs alerted Zak to trouble. Grabbing the first viable weapon within reach, a golf club never actually used on a course, Zak snuck into the floor below to discover a burglar raiding his parent's room. Turning to leave and call the police, a creak in the floorboards revealed him to the burglar, who promptly turned and shot him through the abdomen with a small gauge rifle.

Zak was found several hours later by his Mother and taken to hospital. Following a lengthy recovery period, Zak was informed he had had one kidney removed, and the other was functioning below its full capacity. As a result, he would require regular medical attention and dialysis. Rather than staying in town to care for their son though, The Akarada's simply spent a relatively small fraction of their fortune to ship Zak to Yamaku Academy so they could continue their business uninhibited.

Now able to remain in on place for a lengthy period of time, Zak is at last flourishing. His school work is impeccable, and he has been able to maintain long standing friendships in his two years at the school. He is well known for his sarcastic humour and brains, but people know very little about what's really ticking inside his head. He is insecure himself as a person, desperately wanting someone to fall for him and prove that he can be seen as something more than a friend, perhaps related to the lack of attention given by his parents.

Zak can often be found at the library, where in between novels he snatches glances at his crush, the timid purple-haired girl from the year above him. Aside from that, Zak has decided to join the school band, in which he plays electric guitar. Although between his dialysis, new school, friends, and hobbies Zak has lost a lot of time for video games, he still tries to make time for his favourite series; Final Fantasy.
Cabanilla

Post by Cabanilla »

Just gonna say It seems like this thread is leading up to making a RP I'm up for it if anyone else is. I really think it could fun. :D
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Just don't RP here. It's against house rules.
Cabanilla

Post by Cabanilla »

Oh really okay then.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Yeah, sorry. The mods don't like it because they result in loooong threads that only a handful enjoy. If you start one somewhere else, I think linking to it is okay.
Cabanilla

Post by Cabanilla »

Sure I'll give it a thought. Its kinda hard finding a forum that would work. Tegaki is a good place for comic rps but I suck with my tablet still.
boredism

Post by boredism »

Anyways, getting back to topic i guess, here is a random character I came up with during lecture...

Name: Kaneko Hiromi
Height: 170cm
Weight: 65kg
Disability: None
As her family runs a small stationary shop right by Yamaku she was sent to Yamaku. She took it surprisingly well, as she simply thought it would be interesting compared to the normal school. Since she lived so close to Yamaku she was quite confortable going to class and interacting with the people there. Due to lack of disability and interest in learning methods to assist the disabled (such as learning sign language) people look at her differently and think she is weird. She does not mind though cause it is not like it is causing any harm. She is a bright energetic and friendly person who is very business orientated, often looking to sell some of her store's merchandise. She is often found jumping around random cliques because, much to her dismay, she feels a bit out of place if she is with a specific clique for too long.
She has long black hair that is usually tied into a ponytail, brown eyes, average looks and body type for her height and weight, does not use makeup. Generally looks cheerful. Usually has lots of extra store merchandise in her bag ready to sell to students. She is good at math and mental calculations from her business orientated mind.
Murex

Post by Murex »

I've never designed OCs before, but I came up with a few ideas. I drew some (really awful) character sketches for them; I might do some actual, human-looking drawings later and upload them here, if that would be OK.

Name: Ryuuko "Nene" Paku
Height: 152cm
Weight: 55kg
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Disability: Retinitis Pigmentosa (progressive loss of vision, eventually leading to blindness)

"Just be yourself. Just be yourself, and don't be afraid."
"Hey, will you hold these fire ants for me?"

Nene had an interesting childhood. She was born in a rural Japanese town, into a family with five children, to a Japanese mother and South Korean father. Her house was a lively, chaotic place, her parents loving and eccentric. Nene inherited her parents' eccentricity and renamed herself at an early age, considering "Ryuuko" too stuffy and pretentious. As a child, Nene loved more than anything to run around the countryside, looking through stream beds and under rocks, inspecting the creatures she found there (and often taking them home). As she grew, this interest solidified into a desire to become an entomologist--a scientist who studies insects.

When she was five years old, Nene was diagnosed with Retinitis Pigmentosa. Since then, her vision has deteriorated, and she now wears thick glasses and suffers from tunnel vision. Nene can still read by sight, with some difficulty, but is learning braille. Nene has been at Yamaku since her freshman year and is now a senior.

At Yamaku, Nene is known for her quirky and sometimes downright bizarre habits, such as naming dragonflies and keeping beetles in her pockets. At first glance, this odd behavior seems to stem from a lack of social intelligence, but Nene is usually aware of how strangely she acts, and enjoys trolling other students with her love for the weird and disgusting. For Nene, the most important thing in the world is being yourself, and her greatest fear is that her disability will prevent her from becoming an entomologist. Despite this fear, Nene maintains a positive attitude, and does her best to squeeze as much fun as possible out of each day, in her own odd way.

Name: Lucie Amane
Height: 160cm
Weight: 58kg
Hair: Auburn
Eyes: Brown
Disability: Type 1 Diabetes

"I want to capture the world. I want to share my vision with others...but what if I just end up looking stupid?"
"You know...I'm really glad to have met you."

Lucie was born in Tokyo to a young couple who owned a successful electronics company. Her parents were members of high society and always tried to appear their best, a trait Lucie inherited. As a child, Lucie was showered with expensive toys, took exciting vacations with her family, and was sent to the best private schools. She was popular and sociable, and although she had no particular goal in life, her future seemed assured due to her parents' financial and social success.

Shortly after she began her junior year of high school, Lucie was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, causing an upheaval in her peaceful life. Lucie's parents, confused and unsettled by their daughter's condition, decided to send her to Yamaku, reasoning that such an institution would be better able to handle their daughter's medical needs than her current school. Lucie was given little choice in this matter.

By the time the story starts, Lucie has become somewhat acclimated to life at Yamaku. She has many friends and gets good grades, although she has not joined any clubs. However, Lucie still has trouble coming to terms with the fact that she has a chronic medical condition, that she is somehow "disabled;" like Hisao, she still regrets the loss of her past life. In addition, she has recently developed a secret passion, one that results in her prowling the school at night. Lucie is still too self-conscious to reveal this interest, but it is slowly developing into a goal, a hope for her still-uncertain future.
GINDAW

Post by GINDAW »

Ah, hell, I used to RP alot, so I created this one before I even finished my first playthrough:

Name: Sagawa Artyom
Birthday: April 27th
Zodiac: Taurus
Height: 199cm
Weight: 97kg
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Disability: Polycythemia Vera, neurological problems as a result of TBI

Though a rather conventional birth, Artyom has had the constant stigma of being born to his Russian mother in Japan. His father a national, he lived a hearty childhood in a small rural town with his family, though not getting much interaction from other children due to his appearance as well as his inability to perform athletically with his peers. His isolation brought him to stay home as a child, taking to his mother’s rather expansive collection of foreign films to keep him entertained.
His parents became aware of their son’s condition around his eleventh year, and this became a subject of great dispute for them. After a particularly long, tense period of domestic unrest, Artyom was sent to live with his grandfather in southern Russia; his life became quite a bit different, there, where his grandfather (always bitter of his daughter’s life decisions) treated Art as less than his own. Constantly berating the boy and implementing an intense physical training regimen, possibly attempting to for Artyom to overcome his disease, one way or another.

After three long, unforgiving years, Art returned to Japan to find that he and his mother were on their own. Now feeling pure guilt for driving his father away, Art turned to continuing his training, much to his mother’s concern. Before long he found his new calling in the form of his first-year boxing club, his size and strength finally finding a purpose, though his regard to his slowly deteriorating condition seemed far from his mind. After a successful run of sparring matches as well as competitions with other schools, he found that all his grandfather taught him of strength was more true than he could have imagined, amassing friends, girls and a strange popularity that he was never accustomed to.
After his fifth competition of his first year, Art was approached by a rather thuggish and bitter group of competitors from the opposing school, attempting to provoke a fight from him outside of the club meet, and after a few racial-slurs directed at his mother and he, Artyom fell for their provocations. The fight did not end well for him.

Art suffered severe injuries after the beating, not the least of which to his head, which resulted in several clots in his brain, his blood finally taking its toll on him for all of his years of ignorance to the dangers he faced. He spend the better part of two months after in a coma, during which several surgeries were performed, clearing as much of the clots as possible, but leaving him with slight damage.
It was obvious, after his rehabilitation, that Art was not prepared to handle a regular life, not being able to respect his own limitations, much less mind his new injury, so with no reluctance, his concerned mother urged his father to enroll him in Yamaku to continue his schooling.

Art now sits in a constant realization that he is not strong enough to function as he had, leaving him utterly depressed, but still not accepting of his limitations, hoping to continue staying healthy, hopefully overcoming all of this some day.
Most of his days at the school are spent in a quiet solitude. A stern depression that seems to keep him from focusing on his studies, much less the students around him; though he does not attempt to keep so aloof, it is hard to hide his constant sorrow and self-doubt, making him a solitary creature by nature, not choice. He feels he is no better off here then he was as a child.

Hmmm... I am half-tempted to start an RP board for "KS", myself, if there were any interest.
On break, right now. I'll finish it later.
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

Name: Quentin Morel
Sex: Male
Skin: Tanned (like Miki)
Class: 2-3
Handicap: Severe Scoliosis/Kyphosis (twisted spine/hunchback); congenital
Hair: Brown, bedhead

Description: Quentin's father was a black man from France, and his mother was from Navarre. They met during a pilgrimage to Ars-sur-Formans (the parish of St. John Vianney), fell in love, moved to Toulouse, and started a family. Quentin's father worked in a field that required constant travel - moving to cities across the world. Over the course of their travels, they'd had five children. Quentin - born in Lima, Peru - was the youngest, and of the five, only one of two to have spinal problems. His brother suffers from slight scoliosis, but Quentin's was definitely the worst, as not only did his spine contort grotesquely to the right, it it also slumped him over a fair amount.

His parents wanted only one thing of their children: to become God-loving, respectful, devout Catholics. They made a habit of attending Mass regularly, praying the Rosary, and reading wholesome, educational literature, and involving their kids in the faith whenever possible. They really did try to cultivate not just fear, but love of God and of the world around them. All in all, they were fairly good at it. Quentin came to terms with his own life at a fairly young age, accepting it as a gift and a reminder that no one is perfect, and everyone has some problem or another - perhaps several - and as a result he became one of the gentlest, most patient persons on Planet Earth.

By the time of the game, Quentin had been at Yamaku for a bit over a year. He had a crush on Lilly the year before, and tried to pursue a relationship with her. However, aside from his arched back, he is also not exactly the most handsome looking (or feeling) fellow. His relationship with Lilly has caused them both pain, as he keeps chasing her and she keeps politely pushing him away. When he hears she is leaving for good, and his family is leaving for Johannesburg, he sighs, somewhat mourning his loss, and gives up.

About a week before school gets out, after weeks of prayer and discernment, Quentin decides he is going to go to France (his parents taught him to speak French very well) and join a monastic order. He decides it is for the best.

Quentin's relationship with Hisao is relaxed, friendly, much like a more informal, male Lilly. Because their only real tie is Lilly, Hisao really only gets to know him if he takes Lilly or Hanako's arc. He never goes on any trips with her or you or Hanako. You only ever see him around the school. Quentin tries his best to be gentlemanly, and to be polite, almost to the point where you think he's forgotten about his looks. And while he does pray quietly in public, he is not overtly missionary about his Catholic faith. Hisao notices his praying or religious literature once or twice, but doesn't really mind. His back and less-than-handsome face are more of a putoff, as well as his French accent, but eventually Hisao gets beyond that and sees the good man Quentin is beyond the looks.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
omerde12

Post by omerde12 »

i have two but after realising there is no chence at all it would be made into a real thing i see no point in writing it down
i was actually really into that
imperial.standard

Post by imperial.standard »

Hmmm at best this could also be a fanfic written to complement KS?

"With words like these, we DON'T CURE patients, we make them INCURABLE"

Saint Peter Canisius, S.J., on polemical attacks against John Calvin & Melanchton
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

It doesn't have to be made into a 'real thing' by the devs. By all means write a fanfic about your characters. God knows I did. Well, sort of, the current iteration of my character is quite different. Also, I'm sure if you asked, others would also be happy for you to write fics about their characters as well. Get your creative juices flowing!
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Sin of my sins

Post by Sin of my sins »

Name: Kazegawa Haru
Birthday: 13th of August
Zodiac: Leo
Height: 171cm
Weight: 60kg
City: Kyoto
Hair: White/Silver, delicately messy look
Hobbies: Tennis, detective stories, chess
Eyes: Red
Disability: Lost his left eye at a young age, slight traumas

Background: Haru comes from a somewhat rich family of Kazegawa. Even though his parents worked long hours and Haru had to spend a lot of time studying, he was happy with his life. At the age of fifteen, his family faced an unlucky incident with a local gang of thugs, leading to his parents untimely deaths and Haru being injured severely, losing his left eye and having to stay in infirmary for a several months. Haru was later given a chance to attend Yamaku, which he accepted, although a bit reluctantly. Instead of grieving, Haru turned his misery into dedication: he was determined to become a top notch detective one day.

Personality: Although coming from rich family, Haru is not your usual prude. He can be somewhat arrogant at times and has a cool demeanor, but even with the minor flaws in his character, he generally gets along with most people. Being a typical 'cool' character, he doesn't show much emotions, but he has a softer side to him as well. He is also genuinely concerned with the well-being of others, which is why he sometimes goes out of his way to help others. He is sharp on his tongue, and often gets into mellow debates with Kenji. He is considered an intriguing and good looking.

Misc: Haru finds it uneasy about parents, still having traumas from the incident. The scar on his left eye is considered intimidating by some, and instead of hiding it, Haru often uses his looks to get the advantage on debates.

That's that :D I might doodle a picture of the character later.
Last edited by Sin of my sins on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.