Katawa Crash (FAQ, DL link, and to-do log first post)

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Katawa Crash (FAQ, DL link, and to-do log first post)

Post by Silentcook »

Aw crap. Totty, why are you laughing? Bad Things™ happen when you're laughing. D:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

He knows something.
Something sinister.
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
Fifthman

Post by Fifthman »

Hi again.

Despite the impressive performance of the Yukkuri Misha rocket, fellow members of the Yamaku HS Ballistics club were unsatisfied with yesterday's launch velocity of 618 m/s, which required a burn time of about 10 minutes. I initially rejected requests for a second launch until I failed to achieve Unlimited Drill Works after 9000 conventional launches. During launch #9001 I stumbled upon another Yukkuri Misha after yet another failed attempt to achieve Unlimited Dril Works, and in frustration I decided to turn on the autoclicker and let the Yukkuri Misha rocket burn overnight to a launch velocity of 13884.57 m/s. These are the results.

His altitude is still climbing at a rate of approximately 4800 m/s. Should Hisao return from medium Earth orbit, I will update or post again with the results.

Update: First screenshot is of the apogee of the second bounce. That bounce happened something like two hours ago. Below that shot is a shot of where he's at right now. If he doesn't make it to the moon (385 000 000 m) before he slows to subsonic speeds, I'm gonna try find another Yukkuri Misha and get to the moon and back.

Update: The Hisao has landed!

Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

What would happen if you hit Kenji on your way down from an Unlimited Drill Works?
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
gainare_tottori

Post by gainare_tottori »

Gamera Ramen wrote:What would happen if you hit Kenji on your way down from an Unlimited Drill Works?
UDW doesn't allow you to hit anything on the way down from orbit, alas.
<Doomfest> Oh god what is art
<Juno> Baby don't hurt me
<duanemoody> don't hurt me
<Juno> No moe
Snowblazer

Post by Snowblazer »

Dude, this made my fuckin' day. Played the crash beta on 4chan and that shit was tight son, ya mean?
GAX72

Post by GAX72 »

Great game, seriously this gave me a great end to a honestly annoying as hell day.

Here is the result, our man has traveled far for this.
Attachments
KawataCrashThankYouBobby.PNG
KawataCrashThankYouBobby.PNG (85.48 KiB) Viewed 7192 times
TheDeitySlayer

Post by TheDeitySlayer »

A very good and addicting game you got here, but I got some questions for ya :D

1. The game keeps deleting my saves, what's up with that?
2. How did you get the "charachter portraits" from ks itself, screen capping or some other way?

(The wiki resolved the last question, but didnt resolve the others, mostly because the open questions page wont work.)
Image Image Image Image
PokeHacker

Post by PokeHacker »

It's frightening how long I can play this game without losing interest. Or eating. Or sleeping. It's gonna be the death of me, I just know it. I'm gonna die at my computer... how horrific.
Any idea when it'll be finished? An estimated finish date always gets me excited. No pressure, though :D
There should be a Hanako admiration club.
Burial_By_Fire

Post by Burial_By_Fire »

Any sign on the horizon for the 1.0 release with the rest of the cast being involved?
gainare_tottori

Good news/bad news:

version is up to 0.9.6, but something strange is going on with the IDE that introduces some screen tearing and screwing up the timing on the music loops when I go publish a non-debug version. The weird thing is when I go back to publish old versions that were just fine the same thing happens to them too.

Been trying to figure this out.
<Juno> No moe
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

You've unleashed some sort of unstoppable force that can't let you finish this game.
gainare_tottori

I thiiiiiiink it's something Adobe changed around from Flash Player 10 to Flash Player 11 that tweaks how it deals with audio streaming that is giving me the most grief. I get two different behaviors running it under the FP10 standalone exe and the FP11 version running off the browser. In truth I think Adobe actually fixed a FP10 bug that I had to workaround and now the workaround is throwing FP11 off when it runs the swf there. If I'm right I just need to version detect and write two different audio routines to fix it.

FP11's renderer also seems a little less good at running KC than FP10's is, strangely enough. Will have to think about some optimizing possibilities for that.
<Juno> No moe
ArmchairTitan

Post by ArmchairTitan »

I am so unreasonably excited about this update.

Seriously, I check this forum every day.

But no pressure, though. How's the bronchitis?
gainare_tottori

Lungs are fine lately, although I managed to do this playing rec soccer this morning:

Gonna be kinda 8-finger typing for a while, seems like.
<Juno> No moe