Katawa MtG

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.
User avatar
ElisaMasah
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:46 am

Re: Katawa MtG

Post by ElisaMasah » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:22 am

Esquire wrote:Example, the "powerhouse" of a card I had HERE>_>
Fallen Empires ... I've stopped playing MtG when this expansion come to the shop ... until this year when i restart playing (and still i Wonder why I choice to start play when Phyrexia is going to come back and laugh of all the good guy) the power creep is hawfull I remember time when Serra's Angel was one of the best card in Magic and Jace the Mind Sculptor was Inconceivable!
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!

User avatar
ElisaMasah
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:46 am

Re: Katawa MtG

Post by ElisaMasah » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:47 am

Here some Dark Moe Magic ...
Mu.jpg
Mu.jpg (62 KiB) Viewed 2438 times
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!

User avatar
Merlyn_LeRoy
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Katawa MtG

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:42 pm

ElisaMasah wrote:
Esquire wrote:Example, the "powerhouse" of a card I had HERE>_>
Fallen Empires ... I've stopped playing MtG when this expansion come to the shop ... until this year when i restart playing (and still i Wonder why I choice to start play when Phyrexia is going to come back and laugh of all the good guy) the power creep is hawfull I remember time when Serra's Angel was one of the best card in Magic and Jace the Mind Sculptor was Inconceivable!
The original M:TG had some insanely overpowered cards. They sort of had a "theme" of "3 of something for 1 color mana":
black: Dark Ritual = 3 black mana
red: Lightning Bolt = 3 damage to creature or player
white: <something> = gain 3 life
green: Giant Growth = creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn (and trample?)
blue: Ancestral Recall = draw 3 cards

Ancestral Recall, and Black Lotus and the Moxen turned out to be way more powerful than they thought. Even Lightning Bolt got replaced by weaker versions, eventually.

User avatar
Esquire
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:10 am
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

Re: Katawa MtG

Post by Esquire » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:39 pm

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:
ElisaMasah wrote:
Esquire wrote:Example, the "powerhouse" of a card I had HERE>_>
Fallen Empires ... I've stopped playing MtG when this expansion come to the shop ... until this year when i restart playing (and still i Wonder why I choice to start play when Phyrexia is going to come back and laugh of all the good guy) the power creep is hawfull I remember time when Serra's Angel was one of the best card in Magic and Jace the Mind Sculptor was Inconceivable!
The original M:TG had some insanely overpowered cards. They sort of had a "theme" of "3 of something for 1 color mana":
black: Dark Ritual = 3 black mana
red: Lightning Bolt = 3 damage to creature or player
white: <something> = gain 3 life
green: Giant Growth = creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn (and trample?)
blue: Ancestral Recall = draw 3 cards

Ancestral Recall, and Black Lotus and the Moxen turned out to be way more powerful than they thought. Even Lightning Bolt got replaced by weaker versions, eventually.
Dark Ritual. That was a card I loved... Same with Serra's Angel. I've got a few of both of those cards. I remember they made a newer version of the Dark Ritual too, Cabal Ritual. I wont lie, I had both Dark Rituals and Cabal Rituals throughout my deck 8) (I'm a big black/artifact player.)

To keep a little more on topic, Mummify reminds me of my old Zombify card. Pretty much does the exact same thing but without the counter opportunity. A favourite of mine, especially when paired with Buried Alive
Image

User avatar
ElisaMasah
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:46 am

Re: Katawa MtG

Post by ElisaMasah » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:18 pm

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:Ancestral Recall, and Black Lotus and the Moxen turned out to be way more powerful than they thought. Even Lightning Bolt got replaced by weaker versions, eventually.

Lightining Bolt come back in this late Two Years, but Ancestrall Recall ad the Mox are still banned.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!

User avatar
ElisaMasah
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:46 am

Re: Katawa MtG

Post by ElisaMasah » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:48 am

Inspired by a pic in "Fun with Photoshop" I'm starting to do a Knight Cycle with the Girls, so if yu know where to find a nice pick of the Girls in Knight/Warrior dress call me.

The Plan
Lilly - White Knight
Hanako - Red Knight
Rin - Blue Knight
Emi - Green Knight
Shizune - Black Knight

Here Lilly.
KoTWL.jpg
KoTWL.jpg (60.03 KiB) Viewed 2089 times
Last edited by ElisaMasah on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 6039
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: Katawa MtG

Post by Mirage_GSM » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:22 pm

Doesn't the ability need some sort of cost to activate? Or at least a tap?
Edit: AND a time limit for the indestructibility!!!
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

User avatar
ElisaMasah
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:46 am

Re: Katawa MtG

Post by ElisaMasah » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:11 pm

Is a possibility I'm thinking of, yet about the time limit is basically as long she is on the battefield ... kinda like Exemplar Knight (http://magiccards.info/m11/en/20.html) but makyng her like Deathless Angel (http://magiccards.info/roe/en/17.html) could be an option.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!

User avatar
Mirage_GSM
Posts: 6039
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: Katawa MtG

Post by Mirage_GSM » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:57 pm

That knight is WAY too cheap for what it can do in a deck that is constructed to support it.
And, yes, I seem to remember card that did stuff like this. Came out around the time I quit playing.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

User avatar
SirMax
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:42 pm
Location: MANLY LAND, HOME OF WHISKEY

Re: Katawa MtG

Post by SirMax » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:08 pm

She really needs to be legendary. Two of them would be near-impossible to get non-flying attackers past.
Image

User avatar
ElisaMasah
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:46 am

Re: Katawa MtG

Post by ElisaMasah » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:31 am

First nerfing of Knight of the White Lily ...
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!

User avatar
Esquire
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:10 am
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

Re: Katawa MtG

Post by Esquire » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:58 pm

What does Vigilance do? That's an ability I'm unfamiliar with. :S

And I'm guessing thats a shop of Saber from F/SN? I just finished playing through that game, good times :)
Image

User avatar
ElisaMasah
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:46 am

Re: Katawa MtG

Post by ElisaMasah » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:55 am

Esquire wrote:What does Vigilance do? That's an ability I'm unfamiliar with. :S

And I'm guessing thats a shop of Saber from F/SN? I just finished playing through that game, good times :)
Basically VIGILANCE = Attacking doesn't cause this creature to tap., some of the R&D Guy want to keep word on card low so codified this old Card special ability (Serra's Angel is the main example).
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!

User avatar
ElisaMasah
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:46 am

Re: Katawa MtG

Post by ElisaMasah » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:18 am

Some Shizune Experimental
KoTSS.jpg
KoTSS.jpg (57.23 KiB) Viewed 1969 times
Last edited by ElisaMasah on Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!

User avatar
Leotrak
Posts: 589
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 5:49 pm
Location: Your Mind, Slowly Nibbling away your Sanity
Contact:

Re: Katawa MtG

Post by Leotrak » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:09 am

How fitting that Shizune would be the Dark Saber versus Lilly's Light one :P
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune

Post Reply