Katawa MtG

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

ElisaMasah

Re: Katawa MtG

Post by ElisaMasah »

SirMax wrote:Jesus, two mana to draw a card and another effect in green? That's a hell of a card.
Welcome to Explore ... Zendikar say hi.

Explore
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

ElisaMasah wrote:
SirMax wrote:Jesus, two mana to draw a card and another effect in green? That's a hell of a card.

Explore
Goddamn, that's one useful card right there.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Very nice Artwork on Emerald Tears.
The effect is only useful in conjunction with another card, so I think the low cost is justified.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

ElisaMasah wrote:

Explore
Jesus, cards in magic have gotten a lot more powerful since I last played.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

That's why I stopped playing.
Cards kept becoming worthless as each successive Edition appeared. You basically had to keep buying new stuff.

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

Mirage_GSM wrote:That's why I stopped playing.
Cards kept becoming worthless as each successive Edition appeared. You basically had to keep buying new stuff.
That (and I play only Pauper Magic) and White (Yes my favorite color is White) is the but monkey of Magic both Game & Storyline wise ... but coming on topic ... here some manly picnic (if you wonder why the Symbol is different ... this is a common, why all the other card was Mythic Rare and I lost the original ODF file so suck to be me).
MP.jpg
MP.jpg (62.76 KiB) Viewed 5675 times
Last edited by ElisaMasah on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Now this I call overpowering... A card like that can decide a game,and for only two mana.

Sore wa himitsu desu.
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

Fixed
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

ElisaMasah wrote:Fixed
See now it's almost worthless because you can only stop your own creatures blocking, since it's a sorcery...
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

SirMax wrote:
ElisaMasah wrote:Fixed
See now it's almost worthless because you can only stop your own creatures blocking, since it's a sorcery...
Maybe alcohol counters will have some use later?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

SirMax wrote:See now it's almost worthless because you can only stop your own creatures blocking, since it's a sorcery...
It only says "on up to two creature(s)". Usually if a card can only affect your own creatures it says so in the text. Or did they introduce a rule that sorceries can only affect your own permanents in recent years?

By the way, a spell that can prevent your own creatures from blocking can be useful in certain situations, but since you can use a sorcery only in your own main phase, this card would indeed be useless, since you'll never have to block an enemy on your own turn. (At least i don't kow about any cards that would cause this.)

Sore wa himitsu desu.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
SirMax wrote:See now it's almost worthless because you can only stop your own creatures blocking, since it's a sorcery...
It only says "on up to two creature(s)". Usually if a card can only affect your own creatures it says so in the text. Or did they introduce a rule that sorceries can only affect your own permanents in recent years?

By the way, a spell that can prevent your own creatures from blocking can be useful in certain situations, but since you can use a sorcery only in your own main phase, this card would indeed be useless, since you'll never have to block an enemy on your own turn. (At least i don't kow about any cards that would cause this.)
Been too long since I played the game, I got confused about when attacks took place. Go ahead and ignore me.
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

You can cast Sorcery in your first Main Phase and then Attack in the Combat Phase ... so the card work, I made it inspiring on one of the common I use in my RG Pauper Deck.

http://www.magiccards.info/roe/en/173.html
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Bitches don't know about cantrips. Sigh...
静音是买外夫
Esquire

Post by Esquire »

Mirage_GSM wrote:That's why I stopped playing.
Took the words out of my mouth. I don't play against anyone with a ton of the newer cards because they're just too overpowered nowadays. I remember trying to find workarounds to paying 8 life to get my Phyrexian Colossus to untap. Which I just found out by looking up the card info for you guys they remade this year? Why? When you can get so many infinitely better things for cheaper and no upkeep cost/untap cost...

Its always been happening though. I bought a pack of MtG cards when I was 5 (1994) because they looked cool. I found them again a few years after I started playing Magic (started in 2000/2001, so 2003 or so) and tried to use them in my deck, but they were basically worthless. Example, the "powerhouse" of a card I had HERE>_>

EDIT: Also, why the hell wouldn't Manly Picnic work?... Last I checked, your turn doesn't end after you play a spell or before you attack... Turns went like this...
-Untap
-Upkeep
-Draw
- First Main Phase
-Combat
-Second Main Phase
-Ending

You play your sorcery card during your your first main phase and target your opponents creatures. Voila, those two can't block this turn. Your "turn" doesn't end until after your attack and you get another chance to play spells. That's basic M:tG rules right there :S