Katawa Minecraft

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Razzledazzle12

Katawa Minecraft

Post by Razzledazzle12 »

Edit 12/12: Sorry I've been neglecting this. A new job is stressing me out. I've noticed a weird disparity between number of views for each item, and number of views for this page, so I decided to change the subject line to decrease any unnecessary traffic to this page due to search engines.
As for new skins, I'll try to add some once things settle down, but the holiday season is killing me. It really only took me a few minutes to do some of these after the first one, but I just realized that I could possibly make them better by not worrying so much using the accessory sections of each pic. I promise I'll try to do better on the next ones... whenever I get around to them.

Edit: Thanks for the appreciation Noka! (and anyone else who may be enjoying these things that were made by a non-artist, moi)

I did a quick search to see if anyone else made any avatars for minecraft. I'm actually surprised I didn't find any here. Sorry if it turns out I didn't look hard enough.

But anyway since I didn't find any, I decided to try my hand at making one.

I tried making Misha. The keyword there is tried. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to do her head. 2D drills on a 3d character! agh! Only so many pixels for the face! RARGH! I added a ponytail drill just because I felt like something needed to be back there. Let it be known that anyone and everyone who drew Misha with the ponytail drill on the shimmie or the oekaki influenced this decision. I'd look up who it was but it's 2am and i'm too lazy/tired at the moment.
I'm pretty happy about the body though. I pretty much just painted over the details of the original skin with a few changes to the texture of the head.
Not too bad for my first avatar though, yea?

I'll try to do other characters soon...ish... If anyone can give me tips on coloring and whatever else, I'd be very much appreciative. Also, if anyone would be willing to share their own creations, by all means I'd love to see them.

Edit 1: (11/16) Added an attempt at Rin.

Working off of Misha as a template, I tried to change the girls' uniform into the boys'. All i did was extend the skirt into pants and change the bow into a tie. I noticed the the shirt is supposed to be untucked too so I changed a few pixels to the front and back.
Again I'm not happy with the head. If anyone has suggestions, feel free to let me know.
I extended the sleeves over the nubs, but I have no idea how to close the ends. Right now, if you peek at her nubs, all you'll see is an abyss.

Edit 2: (11/16 Supplemental) Quickly did Shizune.

Not much work here. Repainted the hair, added a detail to make it less plain. Pasted the bottom portion of Rin's shirt onto Misha's skirt. Added glasses. Blocky, blocky heads... Doing these makes me wish I could draw and program and all that jazz. Oh to have the skills to make skins and stuff for new games. Alas I pursued a career apart from computers and art.
Attachments
Shizune.png
Shizune.png (1.85 KiB) Viewed 15623 times
rin test.png
rin test.png (1.82 KiB) Viewed 15645 times
Misha.png
Misha.png (1.91 KiB) Viewed 15809 times
Last edited by Razzledazzle12 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"My curry is the sh**. Good black sh**" - Garterbelt
Noka

Re: KS Minecraft Avatars

Post by Noka »

Just tested it out, that's so awesome!! I'll use it sometime and wahaha all around~
Razzledazzle12

Post by Razzledazzle12 »

More!

(11/16 Supplemental) Added this: http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/1018

Why? I thought it was a cute idea that would only take a minute, which it did. I just made the drills smaller and red. "Wahaha..."

Edit 1 (11/17): Added Lily.

This one took me a second just because I was trying to figure out how to do her hair. I'm somewhat happy about the ribbon although it does look a bit weird from the back (remind me of a bull...). Also, I was trying to figure out how to get it to stand out from the back of her head. It wasn't as easy as doing a Misha drill considering there's a pattern there. This one was just trying to get some kind of contrast. I think it worked out all right. I think someone else can do better, but for now I'm straining my eyes a bit looking at different shades of such a bright color.
Actually, I think this one was my favorite one. Little accessories make such a big difference.

Edit 2: (11/23): Added nothing due to new job and an error I made in Paint.NET.

Seeing as to how people are actually downloading these things, I got pretty fired up to do something even though I just got back from work. I started doing one, but I tried something new, clicked on something weird, panicked, and accidentally deleted my work. GRARGH! Even though, it should really only take me a few minutes to crank out the work I already did, I lost my motivation and I just let today's exhaustion take over. Sorry guys, but no update yet. I'll probably have at least one more character done on Thanksgiving. I'll try to change the body portion up so it's not obviously another head I stuck onto the same body template, but we'll see how busy/unmotivated/bored I get on that day.

Edit 3: (01/09/11) Happy New Year everyone! I finally got some time to add another skin!

Actually, I've always had the time, but I kept putting it off just because I was lazy. That and I wasn't sure how to make the remaining characters... Well, I'm still not sure, but I can at least make another girl from the template (shizune skin). So as you can see, I've added Emi!
You know, I wasn't sure if people actually looked at these things, but hey, I saw the counter hit 1000. Apparently a small few still have hope that more of these will pop up.

By the way, if there are any real pixel artists, lemme know what I can do to actually make these good.
Attachments
Emi.png
Emi.png (1.7 KiB) Viewed 13853 times
Lily.png
Lily.png (1.58 KiB) Viewed 15450 times
Rin Drills.png
Rin Drills.png (1.48 KiB) Viewed 15611 times
Last edited by Razzledazzle12 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
"My curry is the sh**. Good black sh**" - Garterbelt
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

This is awesomeness incarnated XD I'll wait for some male characters before trying any, though :P

Also... Rin drills? wtf? XD
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
GG Crono

Post by GG Crono »

I don't play Minecraft, myself. Could somebody post screenshots of the avatars in use?
Necrous

Re: Katawa Minecraft

Post by Necrous »

EPIC WIN.

Now I'm gonna have to find out how to ship the customized avatars into Minecraft. I saw a thread on the Minecraft forums that told you how, once, but I've forgotten -_-.
Token

Post by Token »

So, I've gotten my hands on Minecraft. And here is Shizune, for the screenshot hungry people.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (8.5 KiB) Viewed 13635 times
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

KS, in blocky delight :P
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
MissingUsername

Post by MissingUsername »

All the goodness of KS in sexy, sexy block form. Kudos to you, good sir.
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

Nice avatars! I'll probably use some of these the next time I play. There wouldn't happen to be any of the male characters as well? I'd love a Kenji avatar!
Necrous wrote:Now I'm gonna have to find out how to ship the customized avatars into Minecraft. I saw a thread on the Minecraft forums that told you how, once, but I've forgotten -_-.
You need to log into the minecraft website and click on profile. There's an option there for you to upload a minecraft skin.
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
mrZalli

Post by mrZalli »

Nice! Could someone make Hisao or Kenji skin, because I am not fully comfortable wearing female skins.
Burned_And_Scarred

Post by Burned_And_Scarred »

These are my attempts:
Image Hanako Ikezawa
Image Emi Ibarazaki
c:
Finished paths (in order): Hanako - Lilly - Emi
Unfinished paths: Shizune - Rin
Burned_And_Scarred

Post by Burned_And_Scarred »

mrZalli wrote:Nice! Could someone make Hisao or Kenji skin, because I am not fully comfortable wearing female skins.
Find a skin of harry potter and you have kenji
Finished paths (in order): Hanako - Lilly - Emi
Unfinished paths: Shizune - Rin
mrZalli

Post by mrZalli »

Burned_And_Scarred wrote:
mrZalli wrote:Nice! Could someone make Hisao or Kenji skin, because I am not fully comfortable wearing female skins.
Find a skin of harry potter and you have kenji
Haha! :lol:
ianshane96

Post by ianshane96 »

for the win.makes the game even fun.
Im only here for the game ...so beat it.