Time to Duel with Katawa Shoujo

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Esa94

Re: Time to Duel with Katawa Shoujo

Post by Esa94 »

neumanproductions wrote:The standard union, just moe power.
If this is a typo, it is a rather funny one.
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

Dude, Shizune's Card is just imba lol
It's like: "Your ubar-l33t monster that you summoned to 1 shot me is now mine ok? lol"

Hax lol
"...!"
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Synoptic wrote:Dude, Shizune's Card is just imba lol
It's like: "Your ubar-l33t monster that you summoned to 1 shot me is now mine ok? lol"
Hax lol
I was thinking of adding that the monster being controlled under this effect cannot attack but I though Shizune should have her chance to shine since I made her the weakest next to Rin; and Rin's effect is very helpful. Also getting rid of 2 cards for that effect is costly in some situations. especially for future card reasonings; just wait. :wink:

By the way, who's doing the pokemon card now? Just a thought. :roll:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Saturn Beaver

Post by Saturn Beaver »

Haha, congratulations, that's a great job you've done to make Katawa Shoujo a powerful archetype. I can't do any photoshop so my card ideas will only be text-based (I would really appreciate if someone has that much free time to help me). My changes is to nerf Shizune a little bit as well as adding several effects to the other cards to fit their characteristics and increasing the deck's speed and power. I also add some more cards such as Yuuko and Muto, as well as some contact-fusion monsters between Hisao and a girl (hey, it's based from a VN after all). If you think it's too powerful, you need something like this to make it in the top tier this days.

Set 1
Disabled Boy Hisao

Monster/Effect/***/light
Atk: 500 Def: 1500
Effect: Face-up Disabled Girl monsters cannot be targeted by Spell Cards, Trap Cards, or monster effects that target. Destroy this monster on the next End Phase after the turn it's summoned or flipped face-up.
Theme: Arrhythmia for its second effect.

Emi Theme: She's fast with an upbeat personality, so I guess that's the reasoning for her direct attacking abilities. Unlike other Hisao fusion monsters (Best Ending Path), it doesn't has the self-destruct effect because I personally thinks that when HIsao ends up with Emi he'll get proper exercise and a healthy diet to make his heart stronger.

Disabled Girl Emi
Monster/Effect/**/Type: Katawa Shoujo (KS)/light
Atk: 800 Def: 400
Effect: This monster can attack your opponent monster directly.

Disabled Girl Emi v2.0
Monster/Effect/****/KS/light
Atk: 1600 Def: 800
Effect: This monster can only be special summoned by the effect of the card 'version update'. By halving its attack, this monster can attack your opponent directly. When this monster attacks directly without using its effect, your opponent discard one card from their hand.

Best Ending Path - Emi
Monster/Fusion/******/KS/Light
Atk: 2200 Def:1400
Effect: Disabled Girl Emi/v2.0 + Disabled Boy Hisao
This card can only be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by returning the above cards you control to the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) By halving its attack, this monster can attack your opponent directly. When this monster inflicts battle damage to your opponent without using its effect, they must discard one card from their hand.

Hanako Theme: Burn + Anti-Burn. Obvious pun is obvious, I guess. Maybe it's too long, perhaps remove its burn effect?

Disabled Girl Hanako
Monster/Effect/***/KS/fire
Atk: 900 Def: 1900
Effect: As long as this card is face-up on the field, reduce any damage you received from your opponent to 0. Once per turn, you can tribute one 'Katawa Shoujo' type monster to inflict 500 damage to the opponent. In the end phase that the card is summoned or flipped face-up, return it to your hand if there's no 'Lilly' or 'Hisao' card on the field.

Best Ending Path - Hanako
Monster/Fusion/******/KS/Light
Atk: 2300 Def:1400
Effect: Disabled Girl Hanako + Disabled Boy Hisao
This card can only be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by returning the above cards you control to the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) As long as this card is face-up on the field, reduce any damage you received from your opponent to 0. Once per turn, you can tribute one 'Katawa Shoujo' type monster to inflict damage to the opponent equal to its attack. It can't declare an attack the turn you use this effect. Destroy this monster on the next End Phase after the turn it's summoned or flipped face-up.

Set 2

Kenji the Destroyer
Monster/Effect/*******/KS/Dark
Atk: 3000 Def: 2500
Theme: A bit blind in his attack
Effect: Once per turn, you may tribute 1 disabled monster on your side of the field to destroy 1 spell or trap card on the field. By sending one card from your hand to the graveyard, special summon 1 Disabled Monster from your hand or graveyard. The opponent chooses the target of this monster’s attacks.

Lilly Theme: Sorry for changing your effect, but it’s still related to ‘sight’ and this effect will be invaluable against those annoying Rykos, Spies and Hamsters. The BEP one is inspired by Light of Intervention.

Disabled Girl Lilly
Monster/Effect/****/KS/Water
Atk: 1700 Def: 1400
Effect: Once per turn, you can select one face-down monster and flip it to face-up position. Flip effects are not activated at this time. This monster can’t declare an attack the turn this effect was used.

Best Ending Path – Lilly
Monster/Fusion/*******/KS/Water
Atk: 2500 Def: 2100
Effect: Disabled Girl Lilly + Disabled Boy Hisao
This card can only be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by returning the above cards you control to the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) As long as this card is face-up on the field, Monster cards cannot be set face-down. Monsters set in defense position are normal summoned in face-up defense position. Destroy this monster on the next End Phase after the turn it's summoned or flipped face-up.

Rin Theme: Confusing opponent’s monster with nigh-incomprehensible art and deep philosophical ramblings. Blizzard dragon for its normal form, and E. Hero Dark Golem for BEP.

Disabled Girl Rin
Monster/Effect/****/KS/Earth
Atk: 1600 Def: 1200
Effect: Once per turn, you can select one monster on your opponent side of the field. It can’t change its battle position or declare an attack until the end of your opponent’s next turn

Best Ending Path – Rin
Monster/Fusion/*******/KS/Earth
Atk: 2400 Def: 2000
Effect: Disabled Girl Rin + Disabled Boy Hisao
This card can only be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by returning the above cards you control to the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Once per turn, destroy one face-up monster on the field. Destroy this monster on the next End Phase after the turn it's summoned or flipped face-up.
neumanproductions

[quote="Saturn Beaver"][/quote]
Yep, much to what I was thinking about fusions in the future, I like how you used the contact-fusion rather than normal. Hard for me to have a picture for that but I think the guys at the mishimmie won't mind some usage. :? Don't worry, the photo is of the new Emi sprite but I have something else in store for the original; same with Yuuko.
Okay, but now it is on to the traps and spells I have specifically designed for the deck, this seems to be more like an EH deck when you think out it on your fusion basis and I was kind of thinking the same thing...now if only I had the full game to work with. Come one Devs, if you want to see more finish this VN sooner. :lol:
Ritual and Syncro as well.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)

Post by Guest »

Hmm yeah, I feel polymerization is a bit too limiting in this age of contact fusions and synchro summons. But mostly, when it's about joining Hisao and the girls 'contact' fusion seems more appropriate rather than to have their molecules broken, joined and rearranged with polymerization. I suppose this is a bit closer to Neos archetype.

Right now I'm still doing the rest but hits a snag. For example, logically after a 'contact fusion' his heart must be overworked and it doesn't make sense that it has the same life span as a normal Hisao. So it should be at the end of the turn it was summoned, will it makes it too weak then? Maybe summon the fusion material ala Gyzarus? Not to mention that I'm still struggling in altering Shizune's and Misha's effect to make them not too broken and just now realized that BEP Hanako can tribute itself to avoid its self-destruct effect making it a bit too broken. Maybe lower its ATK and increase DEF?

I haven't had any idea for spells and traps yet, but I'm thinking that in order to increases the archetype speed, maybe change Yamaku high school's card effect to become like Amazoness village, only for KS-type? If so, it will has a very nice synergy with the BEP-self destruct effect, as well as the reason I gave the characters varying ATK and put Hisao at the lowest so that he can be the easiest to retrieve. Of course, than we need a field searcher ala Captain Gold, maybe put Muto on it? Yeah, if we want to make a good archetype with even ritual and synchro, we need more characters...
Saturn Beaver

Post by Saturn Beaver »

^I forgot to put my name there, it's me, Saturn Beaver, in case it's confusing. Perhaps I should just register to save myself the hassle...
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

At the very least, you'd be able to easily edit posts you've made.
neumanproductions

With the BEP I would think of returning the card to the fusion deck after the turn rather than destroy. Also, would that make way for a card such as 'Neo space' in order to keep them on the field or should that be scratched? By using the mishimmie I have much more potential then using the sprites, especially for a trap and spell card construction since I can use the outside game jokes along with the characters that haven't appeared yet, also I feel like playing on the cameos in the classroom scene. This will be interesting.
Saturn Beaver

Post by Saturn Beaver »

Sorry for the double post, I've tried looking for the edit button but I just can't find it, maybe it's because I'm posting it as a guest? Now that I've registered it won't happen again, and I'll try my best to avoid double posting in the future as well.

Yeah, returning to the fusion deck would be good. Another field space like Neo Space would be good, but personally I'm thinking more like an equip spell just for Hisao and its fusions. You're already talking about using the rest of the characters as well as the cameos, but this time I'm using an inanimate object: Hisao's medicine! It's basically similar to Neo Space, a bit of ATK boost as well as protection from unwanted effects, but as an equip spell. To make it a bit better, when it's removed from the field Hisao didn't 'die' but instead 'cured', aka having his effect negated. It then become a double-edge sword, removing its self-destruct effect but also his other good effects, making it a bit more balanced.
neumanproductions

Here are a few more to keep you folks happy for awhile. Some of this is fan-art and to those who own them I would like to say thanks. If the artists would like these taken down than no problem.
Please tell me all who view that you get the references.
Set #4
Set #4
fused 4.jpg (92.38 KiB) Viewed 6545 times
Set #5
Set #5
fused 5.jpg (91.19 KiB) Viewed 6559 times
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Kenji Imposter XD

Best card so far :P
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Saturn Beaver

Post by Saturn Beaver »

Awesome, new cards! Loved the art and effect for 'Am I Poplar yet', so maybe some other cards to combo with the fact that the opponent must attack Emi? Maybe throw in cards with silly names like 'Not Poplar Anymore?' and 'Still Poplar!' with cameo from the girl from the currently airing anime Working!!

Identity Crisis is also really good, so it means it can target the enemy as well? If it's true and the effect is negated forever, it's really cheap as a quick-play. And we finally got Yuuko! Will she just remain a tuner, or will there be stronger versions of her?

Bad Ending is ridiculously good, though. A chainable one-for-one trap that can target and removes opponent's monster from play? Even if it returns at the end of the turn the card would still be very good. On the other hand, while I lol'd at the Kenji Impostor, it takes too long to be destroyed in order to be good. My favourite card of the new bunch is the last one, though, One on One. It got one of my favorite scene from the game, the effect is really good too. Maybe nerf it a bit to require two monsters on both side of the field to be able to be activated? After all, it's reusable twice...

Sorry if I'm being too picky though, somehow the prospect of combining yu-gi-oh with Katawa Shoujo makes me more excited than the usual imaginary archetype and I want it to be come and good and fun to use archetype. Maybe, just maybe, if I have some free timeI'll make fanfiction crossover between KS and Yu-gi-oh 5D'S? :mrgreen:
neumanproductions

Saturn Beaver wrote:Awesome, new cards! Loved the art and effect for 'Am I Poplar yet', so maybe some other cards to combo with the fact that the opponent must attack Emi? Maybe throw in cards with silly names like 'Not Poplar Anymore?' and 'Still Poplar!' with cameo from the girl from the currently airing anime Working!!

Identity Crisis is also really good, so it means it can target the enemy as well? If it's true and the effect is negated forever, it's really cheap as a quick-play. And we finally got Yuuko! Will she just remain a tuner, or will there be stronger versions of her?

Bad Ending is ridiculously good, though. A chainable one-for-one trap that can target and removes opponent's monster from play? Even if it returns at the end of the turn the card would still be very good. On the other hand, while I lol'd at the Kenji Impostor, it takes too long to be destroyed in order to be good. My favourite card of the new bunch is the last one, though, One on One. It got one of my favorite scene from the game, the effect is really good too. Maybe nerf it a bit to require two monsters on both side of the field to be able to be activated? After all, it's reusable twice...

Sorry if I'm being too picky though, somehow the prospect of combining yu-gi-oh with Katawa Shoujo makes me more excited than the usual imaginary archetype and I want it to be come and good and fun to use archetype. Maybe, just maybe, if I have some free timeI'll make fanfiction crossover between KS and Yu-gi-oh 5D'S? :mrgreen:
Well, the Emi effect works perfect I think because of the jokes along with Identity due in fact towards 'what the hell is her disability!'
The One on One could only stay as one monster on each side because of its name no doubt, and it is Shizune vs. Lilly; no Hanako or Misha allowed. Wait, maybe the owner gets two monsters because you do need Misha to translate everything.
I look forward to that crossover. If you have read mine you realize I like crossovers. Maybe either a cross with these actual cards and the KS girls are the spirits or them dueling at the school all the time. I wonder about Lilly though; wasn't there a blind duelest somewhere?

Free internet cookie to who ever get the reasoning for the bad ending's effect.
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Dammit, man, this makes me want to make MtG versions of everything, too.

Also, off topic: I don't get what all the hate for the changes in Magic: 2010 are. Just full disclosure, I learned back in 7th edition, mess around again sometime around Onslaught/Legion, again in Mirrodin, but mostly just read articles up to Lorwyn. I got back in for a little bit but stopped again just before WorldWake. When I heard about the removal of mana burn and damage on stack, I was a little shocked, but have come to accept it, especially after reading this article.
静音是买外夫