KS on the Super Nintendo

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Bara

Re: KS on the Super Nintendo

Post by Bara »

Wow, 1982 huh? I don't think some of the Devs were even born yet. Guess this really has been a long term project. :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

SirMax wrote:Did you actually remake part of KS or just cobble together enough for screenshots?
It's just the screenshots, I didn't make any more.
I've given up on the last real project about two years ago. Since then, I've only occasionally participated in Screenshot contests. One time, I managed to get the first place with this picture from Fate/stay Night.

Making a complete game is a whole lot of work. And even if you have an interesting storyline with many twists, a unique set of characteres and a good setting with beautiful maps, the game can still be boring, because you need to give the player something interesting to do in your game. It's not enough to just make him run from point A to point B and fight enemies while slowly revealing the plot to him. That's pretty obvious, but it took me a long time to realize it, and I never managed to find out how to make the playing of the game more interesting. Game design is hard.
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Bara wrote:Wow, 1982 huh? I don't think some of the Devs were even born yet.
Wrong. :|

EDIT: Blah, I can't math today, I have the dumb. Correct. (As in, yes some but not all of the developers were born by 1982.)
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

All the devs are at least 27?
Bara

Post by Bara »

I think SC was just saying that some of the Devs involved are older and some younger. Sort of the random scattering of ages you would find for most groups formed on the internet.

We have folks who regularly post in the forums who are in High School to people like me who are old enough that they should know better than to hang around here. Let me just say my Mom had me stay home from school to watch the last Apollo moon launch live on tv. :oops:
I'm sure there are even more... distinguished... regulars in the forums; possibly even among the Devs. Then again, as long as they get their work done I wouldn't care if any of the Dev team had a nice soft, bland dinner at 4 pm followed by the news at 5 pm so they could be asleep by 6pm.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Bara wrote:I wouldn't care if any of the Dev team had a nice soft, bland dinner at 4 pm followed by the news at 5 pm so they could be asleep by 6pm.
No, they fall asleep at 6:30 while watching reruns of Matlock.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

thought i'd summit something here.

neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Snicket wrote:thought i'd summit something here.
The great wizard Kenji strikes again.

Anyone know who Zelda is? Now I feel like a Brentalfloss KS tune.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Anon

Post by Anon »

Palas, yeah

Post by Palas, yeah »

I solemnly declare this to be the best thread in the forums.

Also, the most boring part of creating a game back in RM2k/3 is configurating the chipsets.
traitor

Post by traitor »

Anon wrote:Image
whoa, I would play the fuck out of this
>talk to
NightlyShore

Post by NightlyShore »

Hanako - mage
Emi - Barbarian
Rin - Conjuror
Shizune - Rogue

Avatar all from Shimmie, hope they won't mind I borrow their work as avatar, and Dark Hanako awesome.
Mr. Wang

Post by Mr. Wang »

I wasn't gonna fall for it, but it would've been a bit more convincing, had the pixelated renders for the characters hadn't shown up like that.

Still, pretty nice gag going on here. :lol: It would kinda be interesting to see KS in a Super Nintendo format, to say the least.
~I only have eyes for you
deadering

Post by deadering »

All the fake screenshots are cool XD Hopefully after release we will see real fan games like that :D
Anonymous Coward

Post by Anonymous Coward »

@Wang: That said, the SNES was impressive. Out of 5 × 3 bits RGB colour, you could select 256 colours, possibly different ones every scan line. And layer blending wasn't restricted to 5 bits per channel. Some of the most beautiful games I've seen are SNES games.