KS: The Fighting Game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

AssaultPigeon

Re: KS: The Fighting Game

Post by AssaultPigeon »

I'd stomp on a puppy to beta test for you guys! Never done real beta testing but I'm a natural at breaking things.

Name (Username, or what you want us to call you): Gerard
Position (Spriter (Characters, Stages, Screenpack, Intros/Endings (If we have them), Sprite Cleaners), Coder (Character, Screenpack, Stages), Beta Testers, Musician, Researcher): Beta tester
Example of work (If possible to show):
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Hey Niwatori, thanks for posting!
Made sure to listen to everything and I'm glad I did - Reboot has a nice beat right at the opening there. Made me stop everything else and just listen for a bit :D

Do you have any work that's not a dance mix or techno-ish? I'd like to hear something with a strong sense of melody, and with more of a driving beat.

Not that I'm looking for hard rock or anything, but one of my favorite tracks has always been Guilty Gear's "Blue Water, Blue Sky"
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
Niwatori

Post by Niwatori »

Sajomir, I can definitely look into making something like that, just give me a day or so.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

AssaultPigeon wrote:I'd stomp on a puppy to beta test for you guys! Never done real beta testing but I'm a natural at breaking things.

Name (Username, or what you want us to call you): Gerard
Position (Spriter (Characters, Stages, Screenpack, Intros/Endings (If we have them), Sprite Cleaners), Coder (Character, Screenpack, Stages), Beta Testers, Musician, Researcher): Beta tester
Example of work (If possible to show):
Hi Gerard,
Unfortunately we're a ways off from having anything to test. At this point, we literally don't have enough assets to create a functional character to play, which is one of the reasons we're looking for an additional artist.

Thank you for posting though! :)
murdermajig

Post by murdermajig »

Hey guys, I found a free Flash fighting game engine called "Rumblah!" Supposedly its supposed to be very simple in creating characters using adobe Flash Cs5. you Just have to create the animations in Flash professional and then export it to .swf, the engine does everything else.

You can see what a team did trying to pitch a Scott Pilgrim fighting game here.

murdermajig

Post by murdermajig »

I made a video of gameplay with a static Emi I found on this website. I used the engine mentioned above
There is no fighting animations yet and she needs to be a bit smaller, this was created in 30 min

Darkish-One

Post by Darkish-One »

That Emi is tall compared to that rumbleman thing, wonder how she would look next to most mugen creations when completed cause you know people will rip her from your game if they want her. BTW I'm curious about supers and hypers.
Halkure

Post by Halkure »

Thanks for the suggestion majig! I think we'll stick with Mugen though. Rumblah wouldn't really change our workflow since we don't sprite or animate natively in flash, and we have a few experienced Mugen programmers.

Regarding supers, those are essentially still undecided. We have a few pages of ideas and discussion, but I'm focused on completing the essential movement and normals first.
(I am secretly holding out for a Shizune super involving mountains of council paperwork.)
Darkish-One

Post by Darkish-One »

Nice, I can see that happening. Snapping her fingers then pointing, from everywhere papers pile up until the stage is full while her enemy is buried under it all. Followed by the outstretched arm pose used during the firework scene as the papers scatter off the stage. At least that's how it played out in my mind.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Halkure wrote: (I am secretly holding out for a Shizune super involving mountains of council paperwork.)
Huh? You haven't told me ANYTHING about this.... I'll have to give a hint about Rin's special, I suppose.

Two words:
Rainbow Wizard
Rolanberry

Post by Rolanberry »

This...sounds..just to awesome! I wish there was something I could do to help but don't have the skillz needed:/
ObliviousKnowledge

Post by ObliviousKnowledge »

Name: ObliviousKnowledge
Position: Coder
Example of work: Nothing tangible aside from class work and some small projects. I know C/C++, java, and will be taking python and artificial intelligence classes in the next few months. I have done various small projects in java, and some applets. I have also worked on PINTOS, android, and some Bluetooth chips.
DannyL7773

Post by DannyL7773 »

Been quite a few posts. Nice.

Now lets see.

As for beta testers, it'll be a while before they'll be needed.

For Niwatori, we're currently discussing a few things, I'll let you know what we come up with.

Oblivious, man you're like... overqualified. How fast you reckon you can pick up coding mugen characters? I did make a basic tutorial back in 2007, there's a remake in the works, since I didn't explain most things, only what's needed/what I understood. Now I understand a whole load more. If you're interested in the tuts, just let me know. Otherwise, it is actually pretty simple to know by looking through other people's characters (As a note, it's frowned upon to actually take snippets of code). Heck, take a look through the packaged KFM that comes with mugen. IIRC, most of the lines are annotated. But that'll only deal with code. I can give a live session of importing sprites and stuff if needed xD
ObliviousKnowledge

Post by ObliviousKnowledge »

DannyL7773 wrote:Been quite a few posts. Nice.

Oblivious, man you're like... overqualified. How fast you reckon you can pick up coding mugen characters? I did make a basic tutorial back in 2007, there's a remake in the works, since I didn't explain most things, only what's needed/what I understood. Now I understand a whole load more. If you're interested in the tuts, just let me know. Otherwise, it is actually pretty simple to know by looking through other people's characters (As a note, it's frowned upon to actually take snippets of code). Heck, take a look through the packaged KFM that comes with mugen. IIRC, most of the lines are annotated. But that'll only deal with code. I can give a live session of importing sprites and stuff if needed xD
Shouldn't take me too long to get the hang of it. Just need some direction on where to start looking. The tutorials would be nice and any examples you might have so i can take a look at them.

I also have no idea where to get mugen or anything :oops:

EDIT: ok found mugen and downloaded it. Currently looking through the files. I still could use those tutorials to get a jump start.
Pl4t0

Post by Pl4t0 »

This project just looks awesome.

If you need somebody who's good with words, count me in.