KS: The Fighting Game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

DannyL7773

Re: KS: The Fighting Game

Post by DannyL7773 »

Yeah, currently, the whole ipbfree server is down, so that'll be the cause.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Ah, that's annoying. I was kinda scared the project went "nothxbai" XD
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
GermanZombie

Post by GermanZombie »

I am interested in helping, and have some experience with photo editing programs, and a little with sprites. When you are asking for a base sprite cleaner, what exactly are you asking for? I am just trying to figure out the difference between a spite artist and the base sprite cleaner would be. Would you be given the basic outline and clean it for before adding more deatail? Or would I be cleaning other sprites to use as guides for our own sprites?
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

I think as a sprite cleaner, you'd be taking Halkure's art and converting it into a pixel version that's sized appropriately for the fighting engine. He gets a kind of pixelly lineart for the animations, so they'd need to be colored and made purty.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
GermanZombie

Post by GermanZombie »

I am definitely interested in this, but I haven't tried anything to do with art in a few years. I think I might try and do a stage to see if I can actually get some sprite work done. From what I have gathered we would be working with Mugen as a base.
What resolution would this be running at SD which I thought was 240p??? or HD at 720 which I thought is what Mugen's HD support is at.

Being I want to see if I can get into the groove of working on something, if there is anything in particular of low importance you want me to try to start with I would be willing to see what I can do with that.
DannyL7773

Post by DannyL7773 »

*Kneads temples*

This.... is bad

ipbfree is down for good. So basically, all the discussion we had was lost >.<

I'll be working with Hal to get another forum up and running soon.

As for German, Sajo's right, you'd be taking Hal's art and cleaning it down to just pixels

From this: http://ks.renai.us/download/file.php?id=1851

to this: http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u258 ... ineart.png

We're using the Hi-res mugen engine, so I figure you'd want HD.
http://randomselect.piiym-net.com/hoste ... gen-hi.rar

If you want to experiment, the mugen build is there ^
Ricardo Nation

Post by Ricardo Nation »

It's not critical. Annoying, but not critical. All the most important stuff is still in my head, as far as gameplay structure goes.
GermanZombie

Post by GermanZombie »

Well I tried my hand at cleaning up Hal's drawing of shizune.
http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y37 ... epixel.jpg
I couldn't really get anything I liked with the left hand so I left it as is the drawing had it, because I can't do hands very well.

At the very least I am interested in helping and thought that doing that was decently fun, and I feel I can actually do it.

Name : GermanZombie or any sort of contraction of such is fine.
Position: base sprite cleaner, if you still need one.
Example of work (If possible to show): Above
Halkure

Post by Halkure »

Looks great. Don't worry about the hands, the working sprites will be complete, detailed drawings, already scaled correctly, etc. It's kinda like an inking job.
govern

Post by govern »

Do you have an idea of combat games? Can you give me a link?
Ricardo Nation

Post by Ricardo Nation »

I'm confused by your question. Are you asking for clarification on the exact kind of game we're trying to make? Broadly, think Street Fighter, Tekken, King of Fighters, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, BlazBlue, et al.

And what do you want a link to? The development forums are private and for team members.
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

What fighting styles are you basing the girls' movesets on? I was thinking about this recently, what kind of martial arts the characters would use.

Rin -- Taekwondo is the obvious choice, but Capoiera could work. Do amputees like her have weak elbows, because if not maybe she could do a variant of Muay Thai?
Lilly -- Combat de Canne. Or maybe Aikido, since that strikes me as a very graceful, civilized type of art.
Hanako -- Boxing, so that she could hide her face and hand with the gloves.
Shizune -- Something brutally efficient like Krav Maga, maybe? Or taking her position as student council president seriously, maybe something more suited to civilian law enforcement, like Hapkido.
Emi -- Hardest to say. Maybe Wing Chun, since that's all about speedy strikes?
Misha -- Untrained street fighting. Pub brawl haymakers and headbutts!
Kenji -- His propensity for secrecy and stealth lead to Ninjutsu, but I could also see him as a Wing Chun kinda guy for some reason -- maybe it's the hair.
Hisao -- Either Aikido (less exertion, less chance of a heart attack) or plain 'ol Karate.
Stupid internet! Why can't you understand how I feel...?
Ricardo Nation

Post by Ricardo Nation »

We came to a consensus that it seemed logical to have Shizune be the only one with formal training. Her personality suits it and she has all of her limbs, so it added up nicely. Things are still pretty fluid for the rest of the characters, but I wouldn't say anybody should be expecting that aspect to change.

We've still got some progress going, albeit slowly (mostly my fault). Most of the focus is currently on Shizune; our goal is to get one character that functions at all out and we'll go from there.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

ParagonDoD wrote:Hisao -- Either Aikido (less exertion, less chance of a heart attack) or plain 'ol Karate.
He'd probably prefer something with less chance of being hit in the chest than Karate ;-)
Rin -- Taekwondo is the obvious choice, but Capoiera could work. Do amputees like her have weak elbows, because if not maybe she could do a variant of Muay Thai?
Uh... She doesn't have ellbows at all?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
TipsyRooster

Post by TipsyRooster »

Rin would do a mix of tae kwon do and muay thai to defend herself.
Kenji would have to be drunken master.
Hanako would do boxing(though she'd have to be wearing like the cutest gloves ever.
Emi would be doing some sort of speed based martial art, maybe kick boxing.
Not quite sure with the rest.
Cockadoodle...hic!