KS: The Fighting Game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Sajomir

Re: KS: The Fighting Game

Post by Sajomir »

Necrous wrote:Thanks for that, Roy-Kr! I was worried I'd have to make an even bigger fool of myself working on that move.
Speaking of making a fool of yourself... I don't suppose you can pull one of these? :P

May not be practical, but it looks fucking awesome and would fit a fighting game. Saw it the other day and thought it could be cool for Rin, or *lethal* from Emi's blades. FINISH HIM
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
Necrous

Post by Necrous »

Sajomir wrote:
Necrous wrote:Thanks for that, Roy-Kr! I was worried I'd have to make an even bigger fool of myself working on that move.
Speaking of making a fool of yourself... I don't suppose you can pull one of these? :P

May not be practical, but it looks fucking awesome and would fit a fighting game. Saw it the other day and thought it could be cool for Rin, or *lethal* from Emi's blades. FINISH HIM
Can and have. :P

While at first it doesn't look all that practical, like all techniques, it does have its uses.

Maybe I'll make a vid of myself doing some of the more 'advanced' techniques, sometime. I'll have to REALLY warm up and stretch first though.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Sweet. :D
Looking forward to it when you get the time.
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

Oh man o_o what is this?!?!
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
Necrous

Post by Necrous »

Sorry for taking so long, I had to wait for my room-mate to have a day off that overlapped my days off, so he could hold the camera (see: hold his Android phone to use as a camera). Once I get the video onto my comp and do some quick editing, I'll post it up. It's nothing special, just a live-action demo of the 360-degree "Tornado Kick" Sajomir wanted to see.
Necrous

Post by Necrous »

Apologies for the double-posting. I FINALLY got the video edited. Unfortunately, due to compatability issues with the way this one was filmed and my computer, there is no sound.

You can find the video here.

I REALLY need to bring my knee up higher on that spin. And my landings suck. If Grand Master Teh (my old instructor) saw this lack of technique, he'd be ripping me a new one.

Edit: OH! And if you are wondering what the frak I was doing at that last part. I was gonna try to do a "Twin Kick", where you kick your opponent with both feet, pretty much exactly like Haruhi did. I've only been able to do it a handful of times without either landing on my arm hard, or aborting it mid-jump like I did there. If you connect with it, it hits HARD. Maybe that could be for Emi?
Halkure

Post by Halkure »

Development over here is still fairly slow, but it seems appropriate to give you guys a little something to chew on since the forums have been fidgety.

First of all, the art style is drawing heavily from Vanguard Princess in terms of scale and rendering. Although it would be neat to create a completely original style for the game, we don't have the resources or free time to achieve a quality of sprite I'd be satisfied with. It's worth noting that on the occasions we do have time to work, we've been making progress much more quickly than we have in the last year. (Goodness, it's been a year already.)

Here's the Shizune idle sprite. I'm still working under the assumption she'll be a grappler/counter type.

Rin's getting a lot of attention these days. Saj and I are collaborating on her and she may be in alpha before the others.

Here's an updated Hanako idle.

The goal I'm working with is Shizune and Rin in alpha by February. Haha, nope..
Last edited by Halkure on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Halkure wrote: I'm not keen on advertising any "release" date for the same reasons as the Devs, but the goal I'm working with is Shizune and Rin in alpha by February.
Halkure wrote: Shizune and Rin in alpha by February.
o.o *gets his ass back to work*
TemporaryUsername

Post by TemporaryUsername »

Necrous wrote:Apologies for the double-posting. I FINALLY got the video edited. Unfortunately, due to compatability issues with the way this one was filmed and my computer, there is no sound.

You can find the video here.

I REALLY need to bring my knee up higher on that spin. And my landings suck. If Grand Master Teh (my old instructor) saw this lack of technique, he'd be ripping me a new one.

Edit: OH! And if you are wondering what the frak I was doing at that last part. I was gonna try to do a "Twin Kick", where you kick your opponent with both feet, pretty much exactly like Haruhi did. I've only been able to do it a handful of times without either landing on my arm hard, or aborting it mid-jump like I did there. If you connect with it, it hits HARD. Maybe that could be for Emi?
Looking at all your videos, nice contribution, dude!

My comment conflicts with the traditional implementation of the tornado kick, but if you tilt your left leg at a 45 degree angle, it's easier to make it into a round kick (instead of a crescent kick). Just FYI. I learned this from a dude on youtube with detailed, extensive martial arts tutorials, username kwonkicker. Not that I'm an experienced fighter or anything, but isn't a round kick basically always better than a crescent kick?

And for the front kicks, I wonder if maybe it would be better (especially for an untrained fighter like Rin) to pause after raising her leg, and make it more of a forward "stomp" kick? Same with the side kick -- this is just an amateur watching, but it almost feels like a side kick from the rear leg would have no "oomph" behind it the way a stepping side kick with the front leg would. I'm sure it's different once you've gotten the motion down and can snap it out without thinking about it, but if Rin is supposed to be untrained, it seems like a little pause would make more sense. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Also, good-looking form with the spinning back kick. Nice job keeping your kicking leg under you as you launch it. Looks very solid.

Then again, maybe this post is overthinking it?

But still, your videos are cool and it's great that you want to lend your skills to a project like this, bravo!
Necrous

Post by Necrous »

First off, sprites are looking AWESOME.

Sorry for dissapearing off the face of the earth for a while and not providing more references. I'll just say that a hospital was involved and leave it at that. I'm eager to get back to work.

As stated in my video descriptions, I am many, many years out of practice, and as such my technique and effectiveness has suffered greatly. I really appreciate that you all watched them, and had constructive observations/critiques, and hopefully enjoyed them.

As far as the side kicks go, I was preforming all techniques from a "idle" stance, in stationary position. That includes side kicks. Space constraints make it hard for me to do moving or jumping kicks inside my apartment, as shown when I had to move outside to record the tornado. If asked by the dev team, I would be happy to try out some 'moving' techniques. The epic-fail Twin Kick I attempted at the end of the video being a joking attempt for one.
traitor

Post by traitor »

this is looking great, best of luck on development, I wish you won't run into any screenbreaking bugs that destroy weeks of progress.
minkus

Post by minkus »

Nice sprites! Good job!
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Continue on with what you've got going. The sprite development is looking great by my opinion.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Hey guys. Gonna get simple and blunt.

We need more artists/animators. I want to see this game happen, and the amazing success of KS itself has inspired me and makes me want to see the same happen for KSFG. But with just me and Halkure, it likely will not happen.

If you can draw well and would like to contribute, please PM me, and have samples or a gallery you can link. If you know anybody with skills that could suit this project, please mention it to them and have them post here or PM me.

I'm also open to suggestions as to forums or communities I can visit in search of further staff.

Thanks guys, let's make this a real community effort!
Niwatori

Post by Niwatori »

Name : Niwatori
Position : Musician
Example of work (If possible to show):
(EDIT!) made a sample track with a fighting theme in mind: http://soundcloud.com/niwatori/gog-action

Old Tracks
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/354767
http://soundcloud.com/niwatori/atlantis-act-4
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/367802
http://soundcloud.com/niwatori/reboot

all my other stuff is demos and crap so don't listen.
Most of my stuff has been sparatic when it comes to genre. If you can tell me a description of what you want it usually comes out better.