KS: The Fighting Game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

A random Anon

Re: KS: The Fighting Game

Post by A random Anon »

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1382
Just wanted to point this out with regards to the rocket legs
ObliviousKnowledge

Post by ObliviousKnowledge »

ok, figured i should get some input from yall. We are thinking of including a decent story mode and have been discussing some ideas.

Lets see some of your ideas on a scenario for the game. Remember, currently we are only going to have the 5 main girls as playable characters, so we cannot necessarily include the whole cast as that would turn our art guys into eternal slaves.. and we dont want that do we?
SomeGuyPassingBy

Post by SomeGuyPassingBy »

Sounds incredibly insane, but how about this:
-Hisao is kidnapped by forces unknown
-Posters of some sort of tournament shows up
-Winner gets Hisao, wearing a maid uniform for a day (which actually looks good on him)
-Intrigues the main girls (and others?) into entering
-Street Fighting ensues
-Kidnapper's the final boss
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Actually as far as a story of a fighting game goes, that's a good idea. I'd drop the maid costume though. Just let the kidnapper threaten the ladies, something like: "Fight each other for Hisao, or you'll never see him back alive".
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
ObliviousKnowledge

lol, Great idea right off the bat!

Thanks for the input. :)
Meower

Post by Meower »

Last edited by Meower on Thu May 26, 2016 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ObliviousKnowledge

Meower wrote: These are actually good ideas, imo.
Of course though, I'd really love it to have that retro feel with cutscenes being basically two-three still pictures describing the story with the only aid of the musical introduction :3c
You know, like old school arcades where they'd tell the main plot in like a couple of frames of animations.

Also, mysterious kidnapper should be Kenji for his "anti feminist manliness preservation program", salvaging hisao in a pod on the roof and making all the other gals fight against each other so that he could extract the dna of the strongest and use it to create his army of non-feminist women. Maybe he could fight in a huge mecha, like Apocalypse from X-Men vs Street Fighters onward.
He'd have 6 main attacks, each one corresponding to a powered up version of the signature move of each of the main gals, as well as some minor obvious attacks like smacking the ground with the mecha's fist and the likes.

good cut scene idea, it might be nice to stick with some of the old school things. I was thinking of Kenji being the kidnapper also, I mean... who else would even think of doing it?

We have also been discussing a Kenji-verse version. Pretty much it is the original KS story, just from Kenji's point of view.
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Kenji has kidnapped Hisao, barricaded himself in his secret base on the roof, and threatens to throw Hidao down unless his demands are met. No police. The girls must fight each other until KO, and only the strongest one will be allowed to fight him for Hisao. And if he sees anyone pulling punches he will also kill Hisao too.

So, as characters then, Emi, Rin, Misha, Shizune, Hanako, Lilly, Miki (unlockable) and Kenji (unlockable). 8 characters is good enough for a reasonable fighting game and it gives 6 or 7 rounds of fights in single person mode. Or, or 8 if everybody also has to fight their own "clone". I don't think need Kenji needs a robot or anything. Just let him fight with his scarf, and his huge glasses as his weapons. After all he's scary enough by himself, pushing people from rooftops. :P

What the introduction and stages would look like? Something like this, just a rough sketch, improvements welcome:

[Introduction]
(Kenji in front of the 6 ladies)
Kenji: "Good! You are all here! So glad you could make it! Today is the day when I will overthrow the feminist conspiracy! Look there!"
(Cut to hisao hanging in a cage precariously from the school's roof.)
Kenji: "I have seen what you have been trying to do! But I won't stand for it! If you want to save Hisao, you shall fight each other one by one until knockout!
Then, the strongest of you will challenge me!"
(Cut to Kenji showing his remote control.)
Kenji: "Don't try anything funny or I can't guarantee his safety! No police! And if I see anyone pulling her punches... I'll turn Hisao into a pancake!"
(Kenji running off to his rooftop hideout, leaving a live camera behind).
Kenji "So, let the tournament begin! Hehehe!"

[Shizune's Stage, the Student Council room] (Misha is in the background signing, unless he is fighting)
(Before fighting)
Shizune: "[I love a good competition!]" (She also says this in the beginning when you are playing her.)
(Facing Misha)
Shizune: "[Shut up Misha!]"
(if she wins)
Shizune: "[I love winning!]"
(if she loses)
Shizune: "[It hurts to be defeated, but I will never give up.]" (She also says this when defeated if you're playing her.)

[Misha's stage, also the student council room]
(Before fighting)
Misha: Waahahaha! You may not think so, but I'm strong too! Waahahah!
(Facing Shizune)
Misha: "[Don't be so hard on Hsiao and me!]"
(If she wins)
Misha: "Wahahaha! Bet didn't see that coming!"
(If she loses)
Misha: "Eh? No way!"

[Lilly's stage, the Tea room (it's small, so it's very tight fighting)]
(Before fighting)
Lilly: "I can hear your every move!"
(Facing Hanako)
Lilly: "I'm sorry Hanako, but it's for Hisao's sake!"
(if she wins)
Lilly: "I'll save Hisao no matter what!"
(if she loses)
Lilly: "Please go save Hisao!"

[Hanako's stage, the Library]
(Before fighing)
Hanako: "I want to do something for Hisao too!"
(Facing Lilly)
Hanako: "I... I don't want to fight you..."
(If she wins)
Hanako: "Sorry... Igottogodosomething!"
(If she loses)
Hanako: "I... I'm just useless..."

[Emi's stage, the track]
(Before fighting)
Emi: "I'm the fastest thing on no legs!"
(Facing Rin)
Emi: "Hey, it's no big deal right?"
(If she wins)
Emi: "See, I was too fast for you!"
(If she loses)
Emi: "I let my guard down..."

[Rin's stage, outside of the wall she painted]
(Before fighting:)
Rin: "It seems like we have to fight. Or something like fighting, at least."
(If she wins:)
Rin: "I'm surprised I won, since I'm unarmed."
(If she loses:)
Rin: "I'm seeing stars in broad daylight. Again!"

[Miki's stage is also the track, since she's hidden]
Miki: "Everyone forgot about me? But I also want to save Hisao!"
(If she wins:)
Miki: "Another one struck down by the fist of fury."
(If she loses:)
Miki: "It all went out of hand."

[Final Stage, on the roof of course]
(Kenji puts the remote control away to have both hands free for fighting)
Kenji: "You are the strongest of all girls here, but you fell right into my trap! I will beat you, take your DNA and clone you for my army to fight the feminists!"
(If he wins the final stage)
Kenji: "From today, the final battle against the feminists shall begin! An Hisao will be my lover forever! Hehehehehe!"
(If he wins another stage)
Kenji: "Your DNA is mine!"
(If he loses)
Kenji: ""Beaten by feminists? Impossible!"
(what the girls say, also if they face Kenji in their own stage)
Shizune: "[I won't give up so easily!]"
Misha: "Waaahaha! Stop being silly!"
Lilly: "It's sad to see you finally lost control! Let Hisao go!"
Hanako: "I... I won't let you hurt Hisao!"
Emi: "Stop running away, I'll catch you!"
Rin: "How did I get into this again?"
Miki: "You may have all other girls beat, but you've forgotten about me!"
(On winning the final stage)
Shizune: "[You forget that I never lose!]"
Misha: "Waaahaha! Hisao, let me comfort you this time!"
Lilly: "Finally, this madness ends. Hisao, I will not go away! I will stay here with you forever!"
Hanako: "I... I was able to help Hisao! Hisao! ... *hug and kiss*"
Emi: "Let's tie him up in the equiment shed! Hisao, I'll open up to you from now on!"
Rin: "What a weird boy! I gues I better get Hisao out of there..."
Miki: "Hisao! Don't ignore me again! I waited for you for so long!"

Ah, Yuuko could be also a nice hidden character, her stage being the library too. I'll leave her lines up to someone else. :)

Actually, I'm starting to like this idea a lot. If people agre this is the way to go, then I'd like to volunteer for programming a bit and writing the scenario, if that's OK. You guys should set up the code repository on github or sourceforge so we can share it easily. :)
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
SomeGuyPassingBy

I think that the stages should be structured like this:
Random Character
Random Character
Decisive Battle I
Random Character
Random Character
Decisive Battle II
Final Boss

Decisive battles (in that order):
Emi: Miki, Rin
Hanako: Rin, Lilly
Lilly: Hanako, Shizune
Rin: Hanako, Emi
Shizune: Lilly, Misha
Misha: Shizune, Kenji
Miki: Misha, Emi
Kenji: Lilly, Shizune

Also, I had Hachisame in mind as the kidnapper instead of Kenji with two forms (Human and True form)
Meower

Post by Meower »

Last edited by Meower on Thu May 26, 2016 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

SomeGuyPassingBy:
Not a bad idea to have decisive battles, but I was thinking every character has to fight almost everyone anyway (to make the game longer).
As for Hachisame... if someone wants to draw her, then she could be the "secret boss" who make Kenji go insane.
She'll only appear if you match certain conditions.

Meaower, that sound like a good idea. He's both the mini-boss and the end boss then.
Kind Regards, B.
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

No, completely forget about story mode until you know exactly how all of the characters are going to play.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:No, completely forget about story mode until you know exactly how all of the characters are going to play.
I'll have to agree here. The mechanics should take precedence over everything else, as they're the only things really relevant to balance. Too often games with good story fall because of subpar gameplay.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
SomeGuyPassingBy

Here's some move set ideas for the main girls (plus Misha), aside from generic punches and kicks:

Emi:
Normal:
-Heel smash (lifts her leg and drops it (not literally) on the enemy)
-Spinning Kick
-Bicycle kick
-Quick Tackle

Special:
-Lemon Suplex (a throw)
-Dash Kick (Forward thrust and kick)
-Face Smasher (A jumping kick high enough to hit the face)

Ultimate:
-A good ol' kick in the groin. (I always thought her running legs were made of steel, not plastic)

Hanako:
Normal:
-Pushing
-Tripping
-Burning slap
-Throw book

Special:
-Burning wheel (She swings her arms around when approaching to the enemy)
-Eat Chocolate Bar (recovers little health but defenseless while eating)
-Igottogodosomething throw

Ultimate:
-Checkmate (encases enemy with giant rook pieces and gets crushed by a white knight)

Lilly:

Normal:
-Poking strafe (From her cane)
-Power Swing
-Oops! (spills tea all over the enemy)
-Throw teacup (sometimes a kettle is thrown instead)

Special:
-Akira drop (Akira drop kicks from offscreen)
-Blind but deadly (unsheathes a sword from her cane and swings it around like the demoman's taunt. ara ara~ )
-Caber toss (Instead of a log it's the enemy. She throws him/her elegantly too!)

Ultimate:
-Super Satou Sisters Special (Teams up with Akira and takes down her foe together)

Rin:
Normal:
-Trample
-Reflex Kick
-Skull Crow (A painting of a crow with a human skull in place of its head appears in front of Rin and flies forward)
-Headbutt

Special:
-Screaming man (One of her painting arise from the ground and gives a deafening scream, paralyzing the enemy for a few seconds (less than 3) )
-Big Stomp (leaps and stomps enemy on the head)
-Thrower's arm (One of her painting's arm grabs the enemy and throws it in the air)

Ultimate:
-Summon Rainbow Wizard (He rises from below and strikes the enemy with lightning)

Shizune:
Normal:
-Throw Documents
-Big step (stomps on enemy's foot)
-Very high kick (Almost 180 degrees!)
-Diving kick

Special:
-Cannon ball (A cannon game piece from RISK appears beside her and fires where she is facing)
-Rock-Paper-Scissors (When hit, 2 cards revealing either rock, paper, or scissors appear then she throws an uppercut. Power is halved if she lose, doubled if she wins. No damage change if its a draw)
-Head bash (Grabs an enemy and hits his/her forehead with her own)

Ultimate:
-I'LL DEVOUR YOU! (Frantically signs in front of the enemy with anger and finishes off with a bang (from a cannon) )

Misha:
Normal:
-Hip attack (Haccha!)
-Gentle Push (stuns enemy for less then a second)
-Back kick
-Sit on enemy (from midair)

Special:
-Rocket Drill (fires a drill at the enemy. Returns afterwards. Unusable if she lost her drills)
-Rocket Dash (boosts her across the stage, running over anything in her way. direction is uncontrollable. Unusable if she lost her drills)
-Drilling hug (Grabs an enemy and impales him/her with her drills. Unusable if she lost her drills)

Ultimate
-Drill Funnel (Launches her drills and attacks the enemy. the drills kamikaze in the end. Very Deadly. Becomes drill-less afterwards)
Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

Hows this:
(Inspired by Kenjivania)

You have to beat the game once through with one of the main heroines.

If you restart the game after you win once (or at least play it again later after you win) you have the added option of playing AS Kenji (favoriting his scarf as a whip). But in the end, instead of facing Kenji (duh, youre Kenji) you could face a mysterious person in the mecha suit, who later turns out to be his ex-girlfriend after you beat her. They have a sentimental scene, her asking for forgiveness and Kenji being flustered and still half ranting, and then he rescues Hisao and reconciliates with his ex.
Maybe too cliche.
Another way to end it would be that she turns out to actually be a feminist and attempts to kill him by stabbing him in the back as she hugs him or something, only to have her plan foiled by Kenji's chain mail that he wears under his uniform (he did mention women as backstabbers before....)

Or course, Kenji's fighting style would be very different from the other girls', maybe he could have some finisher or something where he would inject himself with highly concentrated insta-testosterone and become ultra buff and big and just smash his opponent to the ground.

Just some thoughts.