KS: The Fighting Game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Sajomir

Re: KS: The Fighting Game

Post by Sajomir »

Snow_Storm wrote:Shizune the Grappler...

Why am I imagining her as Zangief, Alex from SF3, or Raiden from the SNK fighting games?
Because those are legitimately grapplers. :) Lilith from Vanguard Princess is also such. (we talk a lot about it. It's free. Check out VP to understand half our gibberish)

Like others said, we don't have much to talk about here as far as what the contents of each character will be. Even if we did tell you everything we had in mind, it would not change the fact that animating the moves is a long process, and it would not help us make something worth showing to you.
If you want this to go faster, tell us if you know any talented artists. :)
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
TheWanderingShadow

Post by TheWanderingShadow »

What programs do you use to make the sprites?
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

TheWanderingShadow wrote:What programs do you use to make the sprites?
Fun question :D
Honestly, just about anything works. It depends on what programs and features you're most comfortable with. We sketch the sprites by hand, then redraw them in pixel form. Halkure primarily uses Photoshop, while I use an older version of Paintshop Pro (before it was bought out and gutted into cheap photo software).

I've also used MSPaint to touch sprites up when I was on another computer - works just fine. I don't use a tablet while doing spritework, either - I find it to be more of a hindrance than a help at these resolutions.
Meower

Post by Meower »

Last edited by Meower on Thu May 26, 2016 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheWanderingShadow

Post by TheWanderingShadow »

Aseprite is kind of a hassle to use. There aren't very good tutorials out, which is expected for an unfinished product. I guess I'll wait a while before trying that again.

Back on topic, how tall are the sprites, in general?
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Ah, sorry, didn't see this question!
The sample sprites we've posted are accurate to the dimensions in-game. It's something around 280 pixels for Rin, if I remember correctly. The height will vary a bit from girl to girl, of course.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Well, to get the actual ACTIVE fighting game topic bumped back up, I have a couple questions and thought I'd toss them here to maybe get some talk going.

Right now the plans are just for the five main girls, right?
So, that means just five stages as well, correct?

Also, one thing I really liked on capcoms older fighting games that you don't see much of anymore is after the fight having one of the close up portraits look all beat up. Any plans for those? or victory quotes?
Not Dead Yet
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

Make it with the same quality as Skullgirls was and you're GOLDEN! :lol:
Bowling Pin

Post by Bowling Pin »

Camoufrage wrote:Make it with the same quality as Skullgirls was and you're GOLDEN! :lol:

If you want to wait another five years sure.
Oddball wrote:Right now the plans are just for the five main girls, right?
So, that means just five stages as well, correct?

Also, one thing I really liked on capcoms older fighting games that you don't see much of anymore is after the fight having one of the close up portraits look all beat up. Any plans for those? or victory quotes?
1. At the moment, yes. Though I'd like to get 1) a stable demo release and 2) the main five girls up and running before we talk about additional cast members and stages.

2. We're not really concentrating on ancillary features right now, but I imagine having either a typical post-victory eyecatch for each character... or even going as far as Street Fighter III: A New Generation/Second Impact style scenes where the loser just looks beat the hell up. Though that might be overdoing it.
Akros

Post by Akros »

you can try doing the post-victory pose like in KOF or Garou:Mark of the Wolves, too much street fighter is gonna mess up your brains xD
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

LMAO
Akros, your avatar is appropriate for this thread, and I just freaked out my brother by bursting out laughing.
Akros

Post by Akros »

Sajomir wrote:LMAO
Akros, your avatar is appropriate for this thread, and I just freaked out my brother by bursting out laughing.
well, glad you like it :D
try to include a "Lone-Wolf" Hanako in the game and then I will be the one lmao xD
if you need help or something just ask :D
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P

Post by Guest »

I've been skimming this thread and it's sounding delicious. Hope you guys can get some form of completion percentage and/or screenshots up soon.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Guest wrote:I've been skimming this thread and it's sounding delicious. Hope you guys can get some form of completion percentage and/or screenshots up soon.
Yeah, I know I can't wait till we have some screenshots to post! Unfortunately, posting anything right now or trying to estimate a % would be meaningless.
Bowling Pin

Post by Bowling Pin »

Akros wrote:
Sajomir wrote:LMAO
well, glad you like it :D
try to include a "Lone-Wolf" Hanako in the game and then I will be the one lmao xD
if you need help or something just ask :D
We had an alternate "Accidental Hanako" a while ago actually.

She was hilarious but Saj axed her. :|