KS: The Fighting Game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Ricardo Nation

Re: KS: The Fighting Game

Post by Ricardo Nation »

Never say die.

Would still help to have more people who can assist with graphics, though.
NightlyShore

Post by NightlyShore »

A quick rough gif animation...

I just played KS few weeks ago then I found this forum, and this post.

As a fighting game lover I do have interest to join this project.
Seems you guys choice the "Vanguard Princess" style.(I prefer LF2 style.)

The only concern of mine is that the most interesting part of fighting game is play with a skilled human player, I afraid something like that will happened...

"Haha! I finally win! now who is loser? Blind/deaf/ugly Bitch!"

Maybe I think too much, but since I have some disability friend (even teacher), I really don't want to see anything may offend them.

(Up to now, all the mental or physical disability I met totally 13 persons, but only 3 are female, how could Yamaka high school have that many female disability... )
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Yeah, there's been no posts on this game's separate forums for a very long time. I think it got as far as a couple simple Shizune sprites and animations.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Looks like there is someone here who might actually be the most interested in the project. Sadly I have no experience in this field so i'm one of the shadowy-observers hiding in wait.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

Need any voice actors?
I don't have any demos of any voice overs i've done yet, but will soon.
i have a somewhat Micheal Ironside voice... just not as deep.
i think it'll fit hisao.
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

PasterOfMuppets wrote:Need any voice actors?
I don't have any demos of any voice overs i've done yet, but will soon.
i have a somewhat Micheal Ironside voice... just not as deep.
i think it'll fit hisao.
The entire game consists of 3 sprites of Shizune, one sprite of Rin, and a bunch of theorycrafting. The biggest hitch is we do not have a regularly active artist. Even though we had someone who was working through some code, we weren't able to create a mockup because we didn't have any resources.

Voice acting hasn't even been brought up :(
PasterOfMuppets

Sajomir wrote:
The entire game consists of 3 sprites of Shizune, one sprite of Rin, and a bunch of theorycrafting. The biggest hitch is we do not have a regularly active artist. Even though we had someone who was working through some code, we weren't able to create a mockup because we didn't have any resources.

Voice acting hasn't even been brought up :(
-sad face-

Halkure

Post by Halkure »

I would make a distinction between working and rough sprites (the ratio between them is about 1:9). But the project needs more artists. If anyone wishes to take up the current style, or work on an unestablished character, or begin one anew they're welcome to, though I would PM Danny first.

Here are a few of the things we're working with.
GoodleShoes

Post by GoodleShoes »

Halkure wrote:I would make a distinction between working and rough sprites (the ratio between them is about 1:9). But the project needs more artists. If anyone wishes to take up the current style, or work on an unestablished character, or begin one anew they're welcome to, though I would PM Danny first.

Really loving what you did with Rin. Especially with her block, assuming it's a block. I would really love if this became a reality.
NightlyShore

Post by NightlyShore »

Glad to see this project still running.
So now the team working on Shizune, Rin and Hanako I guess?
So you guys had decide all the detail like the size of picture, each move(light attack, normal attack, heavy attack) looks like?
Maybe I'll try Kenji, he probably will be the last one to be finished.

The way Hanako throwing book is cute.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

I definitely do enjoy what you guys have done thus far with the rough sprites, seems like you have a good general concept going. And Hanako's expression when juggling that book is adorable.
Wish I could help you guys out but like i've mentioned before, i'm not an artist.
If you have other immediate needs that I might be able to assist with i'd be happy to oblige.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Halkure wrote:I would make a distinction between working and rough sprites (the ratio between them is about 1:9). But the project needs more artists. If anyone wishes to take up the current style, or work on an unestablished character, or begin one anew they're welcome to, though I would PM Danny first.

Hey, good to see you around :D

We also had some other rough concepts for... Rin, I think. *runs off to his photobucket*
here we go!

More concepts for
Hanako, idling and blocking http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/ ... ightan.png

It would be great to get some talented artists involved who have enough time to really commit to a project. I love sketching concepts but I can barely keep myself focused on my own project.
And yep, the easel was going to be Rin's block, but we decided to have it pop out instantly, then fall away when she finished. :)
PasterOfMuppets

Hanako facing away covering her scars should be her idle
Just a thought : P

Necrous

Post by Necrous »

I have 12+ years of experience with Tae-Kwon-Do, which is a kick-oriented martial art. If you need reference photos or videos of kicks or other motions/poses/etc, please don't hesitate to ask me! I'd LOVE to be able to contribute something to this project, and me and my webcamera are standing ready!

Edit: I'll have to tuck my arms into my sleeves or hold them behind my back for Rin's moves. It'd be rather interesting to see how one fights with "both arms tied behind their back" so to speak.
Halkure

Post by Halkure »

Always pleased to hear there is interest in the game. Thanks for the feedback.
Necrous wrote:I have 12+ years of experience with Tae-Kwon-Do, which is a kick-oriented martial art. If you need reference photos or videos of kicks or other motions/poses/etc, please don't hesitate to ask me! I'd LOVE to be able to contribute something to this project, and me and my webcamera are standing ready!

Edit: I'll have to tuck my arms into my sleeves or hold them behind my back for Rin's moves. It'd be rather interesting to see how one fights with "both arms tied behind their back" so to speak.
That's great to hear. I'm definitely a fan of reference. I'll PM you around the end of the month when I'm able to work on this again.
NightlyShore wrote:So now the team working on Shizune, Rin and Hanako I guess?
So you guys had decide all the detail like the size of picture, each move(light attack, normal attack, heavy attack) looks like?
Maybe I'll try Kenji, he probably will be the last one to be finished.
Yep, although it's mostly Shizune at the moment.
Not every move is defined yet, but we know what each girl's strength will be.
Kenji and Hisao haven't been discussed much.