KS: The Fighting Game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

futatsu

Re: KS: The Fighting Game

Post by futatsu »

i would love to beta test. i am also a composer of peppy fight music, if you are interested...

~DJ Futatsu~

if you are interested in music, it would help to know a few concepts for the themes of the levels/menus as soon as possible...
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:Sounds cool; I don't know that I could stomache making a full soundtrack, but I think it'd be fun to contribute three or four individual tracks :)
I totally have a Guilty Gear-style rendition of Hanako's theme running in my head, but I lack any means of putting it into a sharable medium. :(
Anyone know of a free MIDI program or something I could play with? XD
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Sajomir wrote:I totally have a Guilty Gear-style rendition of Hanako's theme running in my head
... I'm left to wonder how one would turn Hanako's theme into something you'd normally hear in a fighting game...
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Leotrak wrote:
Sajomir wrote:I totally have a Guilty Gear-style rendition of Hanako's theme running in my head
... I'm left to wonder how one would turn Hanako's theme into something you'd normally hear in a fighting game...
Changing of instruments and tempo. :)

Found a free midi program, so here's my take on it. The synthesization REALLY sucks, but at least I can communicate it! You might have to turn your volume way up if you have trouble hearing it.
Couldn't get a drumset to work, and I'm no composer. But it's a raw idea :)

http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.ph ... 427915.wma
futatsu

Post by futatsu »

i now have the framework put up for a perfect track for a school dance/rave/club level.
Dekiel

Post by Dekiel »

If you need a beta tester - then I'm in.
If need... contact me via forum or Dekiel@hotmail.com (messanger).
And if you need ideas than my head is full of them. >.>
Tam ta ta tam tam ta tam - no I'm not crazy, I just make little joyful sounds!
futatsu

Post by futatsu »

here is a small proof of effort...

this is by no means a finished piece.

opening sequence maybe?
i know it gets a little repetitive from 0:47 to 1:16... this is just something i whipped up this morning.
http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.ph ... 830581.wav
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

futatsu wrote:here is a small proof of effort...

opening sequence maybe?
i know it gets a little repetitive from 0:47 to 1:16... this is just something i whipped up this morning.
I definitely like some of what you have here. My only real criticism (as if I'm actually a composer, pffft :P) is that it doesn't seem quite energetic enough yet. It sounds like background music for a light scrolling platformer/action game at the moment, but not quite a fighting game. It also takes a while to get into full swing.
futatsu

Post by futatsu »

Sajomir wrote:

opening sequence maybe?
I definitely like some of what you have here. My only real criticism (as if I'm actually a composer, pffft :P) is that it doesn't seem quite energetic enough yet. It sounds like background music for a light scrolling platformer/action game at the moment, but not quite a fighting game. It also takes a while to get into full swing.
so what you're saying is that i need to go into the main chorus thingy faster, with less intro... and also i need to make it a little more aggressive?
OK. yes. no. yes. *foot salute*

and if you have any inclination to put a dance themed level in the game... or you just want a dance-y fight song, you know where i am. i think
Dekiel

Post by Dekiel »

futatsu wrote:
Sajomir wrote:

opening sequence maybe?
so what you're saying is that i need to go into the main chorus thingy faster, with less intro... and also i need to make it a little more aggressive?
OK. yes. no. yes. *foot salute*

and if you have any inclination to put a dance themed level in the game... or you just want a dance-y fight song, you know where i am. i think
:twisted: YEA! it has to hit hard - but the melody as it is, is quite cool.
Tam ta ta tam tam ta tam - no I'm not crazy, I just make little joyful sounds!
futatsu

Post by futatsu »

Dekiel wrote: :twisted: YEA! it has to hit hard - but the melody as it is, is quite cool.
glad to see you like it. working on it as we speak
Rin, i want a hug, but you couldn't hug me back... sadness
this is something i just whipped up... nothing in mind really...
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=V0idko\
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

ContinualNaba wrote:One can't help but wonder what a serious fightan cripple track would sound like.
I was thinking something along the lines of this: http://nicol.chendo.net/Bite%20the%20Bullet.mp3. General opinion is that it sounds like MegaMan.
Fuck.
Yeah.
futatsu

Post by futatsu »

intro, the new version.

revised
better? worse? just remember, this is no where near a finished piece...
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=pHqXoX
kobe

Post by kobe »

Sign me up for beta testing, if there's still room.
I'll be sure to spot some balancing issues (if there are any, but hey, even Blazblue has some major balance issues,and that's in continuum shift. I'm talking about BANG BANG BANG BAAAANG...)
DannyL7773

Post by DannyL7773 »

Yosh, first of all, those that have posted requesting for beta-testing. We're nowhere near having anything testable, however, we'll keep you in mind for when we are ready.

For those of you who have posted little bits of music, thanks for the interest, Futatsu, I quite liked Parity, just there's something off about it, not quite sure if I can put my finger on it though. Could be that it reminds of something SNES eraish.
Last Life though, it's good. I like it myself personally, I'll forward your samples to the others and see what they have to say, so please, hang tight and we'll get back to you ^_^

Nicol: That's quite good, definitely battle themed music, yet, at the same time seems not as hardcore as what you'd normally find. I think at least. (Not played that many official fighters myself)