KS: The Fighting Game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Akros

Re: KS: The Fighting Game

Post by Akros »

Bowling Pin wrote:
Akros wrote:
Sajomir wrote:LMAO
Akros, your avatar is appropriate for this thread, and I just freaked out my brother by bursting out laughing.
well, glad you like it :D
try to include a "Lone-Wolf" Hanako in the game and then I will be the one lmao xD
if you need help or something just ask :D
We had an alternate "Accidental Hanako" a while ago actually.

She was hilarious but Saj axed her. :|
what? shame on you Sajomir xD
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Hadokant

Post by Hadokant »

Once this game finishes, It needs to be at Evo
IT MUST
"Being Human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless, and finding happiness in a world that hates it"
-Tenmyouji
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Hadokant wrote:Once this game finishes, It needs to be at Evo
IT MUST
Once it's done, you're certainly welcome to take a copy and play wherever you like!

Speaking of competitive play, is there anyone who reads this that has extensive experience with playing fighters at the competitive/pro level?
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
ergosoft

Post by ergosoft »

Amazing project! By the way it sounds so far, I really want to play the game.

Any Idea of a general time it might come out?
Cheers!
Suzu>Hanako=Lilly>Emi=Rin>Shizune
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

ergosoft wrote:Amazing project! By the way it sounds so far, I really want to play the game.

Any Idea of a general time it might come out?
Cheers!
Thanks! It's great to hear people keep finding this thread and interest is around. :)
We will probably not be giving an estimation of when it will be completed, but we just keep plugging away! It unfortunately does take a while since we're doing this in our spare time, and frankly, everyone has personal lives. :P

With something like 200 drawings to make for EACH character, art is still our biggest workload. So please, if you know anyone with experience in animation, UI design, backgrounds, or spriting (or even really good sprite editing) please get ahold of me via PM! :D
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

Will it be some sort of mugen? It sounds nice.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

We're gonna be trying something else before MUGEN, but we definitely looked into that.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

I'm not a big fighting game fan with their shallow gameplay and lack of plot ("Oh, you beat up a random guy for no reason...How many times can that be fun?") but this should at least be interesting...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Xanatos wrote:I'm not a big fighting game fan with their shallow gameplay and lack of plot ("Oh, you beat up a random guy for no reason...How many times can that be fun?") but this should at least be interesting...
So you're only playing this fighting game because it has KS characters?

Scrub.

Speaking of scrubs, Hisao, Hanako, and Lilly are gonna be the scrub characters in this game.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

All characters with all limbs are gonna be for scrubs.
Suppercut

Post by Suppercut »

rub-a-dub-dub, everyone's a scrub~

On a more serious note, f you're still doing this...

I'm pretty experienced with Game Maker 8.1 (Mark Overmars' (I think?) wonderful program), and coincidentally before I came across this thread, I was actually working on a sort of fighting game engine. It is more SSBB/Ultimate Ninja-styled but I can work it to be more styled to conventional fighters really easily. It's based somewhat closely on MUGEN's state system, which works for me since I was decent at CNS when I was trying it.

Let me know if you'd like moving to Game Maker, if not, I can try to learn Java (GML is actually really similar to Java IIRC)

Name (Username, or what you want us to call you): Suppercut, or CJ if you must
Position: Coder (Game Maker / GML, or possibly Java if I learn quickly enough)
Example of work (If possible to show): Here's a really old (but latest stable) prototype of the engine I'm working on. I haven't worked on it for a while, but the current version does not have a completely ironed-out character select screen yet. I'd have to dig up the controls again but yeah. If I remember right, I think Player 1 used IJKL for movement and X/C for attacks and A/Z+an attack button for specials (i.e. A+C=Burning Knuckle) and Player 2 used the numpad and PgUp/PgDn for attacks and Del/Ins+an attack button for specials. Also, here's a hack-n-slash prototype I was working on that had no real story yet, I was just inspired to make a retro Castlevania-styled game with bosses and such (which I haven't gotten as far as doing yet). NOTE: Both of those examples are made with Game Maker.
Last edited by Suppercut on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not that good with signatures. I guess I like Lilly or whatever.

Post by Guest »

I would suggest Fighter Maker. I know some pony guys actually made a fighting game with it, and they got it into EVO. So, yeah, I would suggest that.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Awesome suppercut, we'll get ahold of you via PM.
LOL WUT

Post by LOL WUT »

Idk if this was already asked or stated, but are you planing having an online option, that you can play with other people of the interwebz, or perhaps make an online version?

If not I am sure this game can be the best (and only) fighting game based of a visual novel that I know of.
Xanatos I'm Sorry.
Xanatos wrote: I was totally going to include the leaf. Otherwise it's just a Ken(ji) doll because I can't model cocks from nothing.
Hello! Did I mention that I have a form of Arrythmia?
LOL WUT: I Am Feeling The Urge To Get More Posts Than You By The End Of The Year. May The Best Man Win
Xanatos: Bring it, Clifford.
JOIN US
DragoonOfZeal

Post by DragoonOfZeal »

I do not know if you have any musicians yet, if the field is open i would like to apply to that position, you can pm an email to which i can send you my midi files as an example of my work, if not i have some older 8-bit stuff and my old band's demo on youtube. I mostly write faster metal, but have written, some electronic, atmospheric, chiptunes. i can have the songs in midi, or set them through FL and record. i can record my own guitar, bass, and some keys, but drums would be programed if you wanted real sounding drums. I would love to contribute anything musically to this project. call me DragoonOfZeal or zeth205. here are some examples of my work, you can check my or my old band's youtube for more http://soundcloud.com/judgment-2/walkin ... face-of-io