Inspired by the OC contest: Yamaku Student Generator

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Minister of Gloom

Re: Inspired by the OC contest: Yamaku Student Generator

Post by Minister of Gloom »

For now, as for random generators that might fit, you may want to try the Maid RPG character generator here: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/maidrpg.html
While it's obviously designed to make meido and not disabled high school students, it's usually good enough for a starting inspiration. Now you just choose a gender, a fitting disability(or roll randomly if you want, sounds like more fun to me), and either replace or remove any qualities that might not fit very well into the verse.(Can't see many psychic catgirls running around Yamaku. Now if your character thinks she is, that's kind of interesting, but...)
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

I tried it and look what I got by just typing a few stuff:
"Your name is Mio. You are 17 years old. You have vermillion eyes and purple hair, and wear a gold maid uniform. You are sexy and boyish; others describe you as curvy, wild and a tomboy.

In addition to being a maid, you have the skills and education of a medical doctor or pharmacist. Rather than a Western-style maid uniform, you wear a Japanese-style uniform featuring a kimono and an apron. You have long, pointed, elfin ears. Although no one would know it looking at you now, you used to be a delinquent; for now, no one else in the mansion knows. You have suffered some kind of strange mutation.

You have long admired maids, and through much hard work you've finally become one yourself. In combat, you fight with a chainsaw. When you are extremely upset, you gorge yourself on food."

I lol'd.
Wonder how the cripple generator will work :P
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Right now there is non, so either you take that sexy tomboyish doctor girl as an inspirational basis and give her a disability of your choosing(vermilion eyes suggest albinism, perhaps), or you try again and hope for a less difficult result. Give it a try! Could be fun.
Perhaps until someone makes a computerized generator we can just make some list of disabilities and just roll dice(I have a strange feeling that at least many of the people on this forum are no strangers to the d20...), or use a random number generator.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

In theory, I could write you a command line/terminal application that generates a character, but I dunno if anyone would like using it without a decent GUI... And I'd need kinda large tables containing possible physical and mental features.

But really, it's not that hard to code one. Mainly using a pseudo-random number generator and selecting the features from the indices generated. If that makes sense.

Also, it'd only work on Win32 if I compiled it, since it's not really easy to host a cross-compiler on Windows.
Ultima01

Post by Ultima01 »

-abscess wrote:
kosherbacon wrote:What I had the hardest time with was coming up with a name. :?
I present thee the solution to such a problem:
http://www.behindthename.com/random/

That's what I used for my character in the contest (which I haven't finished) and various other projects that never saw the light of day.
My result for doing that first time with no surname and feminine japanese given name:
WOWREALLY.jpg
WOWREALLY.jpg (76.18 KiB) Viewed 5868 times
Given the context (i.e.the forum) guess who I'm thinking about with this.
And yes, I realize I have too many honkin' tabs open.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Somebody ask for a character generator?

Katawa Shoujo Character Generator

I'll probably do some more touching up on it and adding a more details, but it's a start.
Not Dead Yet
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Name: Akihiko Sasaki
Grade: Third Year Student
Eyes: Yellow
Hair: Pink
Club: Swim Team
Disability: birth defects resulting in a skull like face
Easily swayed by a pretty face. People that know him tend to describe him as agile and curious

Is annoyed by Lilly
Sympathizes with Yuuko

By the gods, this could be amazing.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Name: Toru Yamaku
Eyes: Purple
Hair: Yellow
Club: Oceanography Club
Disability: AIDS
Can’t swallow pills, must dissolve or mush them up in food or drink. People that know him tend to describe him as witty and flirty

Is best friends with Hisao
Pities Misha

Hmmm.. Something doesn't seem right here...
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

You don't think somebody with AIDs would go to Yamaku?
Not Dead Yet
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

Name: Seiji Obayashi
Eyes: Pink
Hair: Orange
Club: (not a member of any clubs)
Disability: Severe scarring
Short, but envies those who are tall. People that know him tend to describe him as lucky and lazy

Often works with Lilly
Likes Hanako

It doesn't specify what type of scarring...should we go with burn scars (would Hanako even talk to a boy with the same disability as her?) or wound scars? Or hell, even keloid scars (the "puffy" type scar)

Name: Asuka Kaneko
Grade: First Year Student
Eyes: Green
Hair: Purple
Club: Oceanography Club
Disability: Hyperalgesia

Likes crowds of people. People that know her tend to describe her as aggressive and gentle.

Hangs out with Hanako
Just doesn't get Hanako

Er...okay?
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Well, you don't want it to explain everything do ya'?
Not Dead Yet