Katawa Shoujo in The Sims 3

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

SirMax

Re: Katawa Shoujo in The Sims 3

Post by SirMax »

-abscess wrote:
DESU wrote:you know there's an option to keep yourself logged in?
Yeah, "login automatically" or something like that. The thing is that there are times people other than myself have to use this computer, and I don't want anyone getting into my accounts.
So instead you make it so anyone can impersonate you?
abscess

Post by abscess »

Haah... if we are to keep discussing on my way of choosing to post, we should at least do so on PMs, since there's no other place that allows this kind of discussion.
SirMax wrote:
-abscess wrote:The thing is that there are times people other than myself have to use this computer, and I don't want anyone getting into my accounts.
So instead you make it so anyone can impersonate you?
I am aware of that, but from what I know mods are able to tell IPs apart. If there's someone who impersonates me and starts, let's say; posting CP, they'd probably ban that IP instead of mine. Unless they use a backdoor to get into my computer, to which getting banned for getting falsely accused would be the least of my concerns.

And so, this is the last time I'll reply to these comments outside of PMs.
Siiiiigh....
Asteru

Post by Asteru »

-abscess wrote:Emi looks real strange, but overall, it's pretty well done! Planning on making the rest of the cast? I'm hoping to see Miki in there.
This reminds me how many hours I wasted playing the first Sims.... wow, I can't remember how many people I brought over only to build walls around them and wait for them to starve to death..... Or was it something I tried but never happened? Hmm... can't remember.
Yeah, I couldn't find any decent hairs for Emi. Might change it later if I can find one that looks right.

I would like to get as many people in as possible, so long as I can figure out personality traits for them. Rin was actually a little difficult, not just in terms of how she's supposed to look, but in terms of her personality traits. I'll probably get some minor characters, but things like the characters in the classroom cg are kind of iffy.
das bruce wrote:Can you make a character deaf/blind or is it only aesthetic changes?
Sadly, yeah, it's only aesthetic changes. Shizune has a voice, and that's kind of annoying, but idk maybe at some point somebody'll make a mute mod. I gave Lilly contacts to make her at least look blind, though. At some point I'm going to put up individual shots of each character, to show more of the details.
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

Asteru wrote:
-abscess wrote:Emi looks real strange, but overall, it's pretty well done! Planning on making the rest of the cast? I'm hoping to see Miki in there.
This reminds me how many hours I wasted playing the first Sims.... wow, I can't remember how many people I brought over only to build walls around them and wait for them to starve to death..... Or was it something I tried but never happened? Hmm... can't remember.
Yeah, I couldn't find any decent hairs for Emi. Might change it later if I can find one that looks right.

I would like to get as many people in as possible, so long as I can figure out personality traits for them. Rin was actually a little difficult, not just in terms of how she's supposed to look, but in terms of her personality traits. I'll probably get some minor characters, but things like the characters in the classroom cg are kind of iffy.
das bruce wrote:Can you make a character deaf/blind or is it only aesthetic changes?
Sadly, yeah, it's only aesthetic changes. Shizune has a voice, and that's kind of annoying, but idk maybe at some point somebody'll make a mute mod. I gave Lilly contacts to make her at least look blind, though. At some point I'm going to put up individual shots of each character, to show more of the details.
Doesn't the Sims 3 have an insane personality trait? You could give her that if you haven't already, although it may be a bit too much considering how Rin's personality actually is.. And I don't know how the trait behaves with a person in game, as I dont have it.
Hanako Lover
Asteru

Post by Asteru »

Xybaro wrote:Doesn't the Sims 3 have an insane personality trait? You could give her that if you haven't already, although it may be a bit too much considering how Rin's personality actually is.. And I don't know how the trait behaves with a person in game, as I dont have it.
It does, but it's more the schizophrenic type of insane than a general Rin-type oddness. Oh well~.

Anyway, male and female dorms are just about finished. Need to work on the actual school part. Tried to tie in the wall where Rin's Mural is in the actual game.
Screenshot-27.jpg
Screenshot-27.jpg (770.8 KiB) Viewed 8821 times
Decided to mod the painting into the game.
Screenshot-28.jpg
Screenshot-28.jpg (316.15 KiB) Viewed 8775 times
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Asteru wrote:
Xybaro wrote:Doesn't the Sims 3 have an insane personality trait? You could give her that if you haven't already, although it may be a bit too much considering how Rin's personality actually is.. And I don't know how the trait behaves with a person in game, as I dont have it.
It does, but it's more the schizophrenic type of insane than a general Rin-type oddness. Oh well~.

Anyway, male and female dorms are just about finished. Need to work on the actual school part. Tried to tie in the wall where Rin's Mural is in the actual game.
Screenshot-27.jpg
Does The Sims 3 add "dormitory/combined living" functionality? If not, and it keeps the same "FAMILY ON HOUSE ON PLOT OF LAND" approach, then the "Yamaku" family must be obscenely rich.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Asteru

Post by Asteru »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:
Asteru wrote:

Screenshot-27.jpg
Does The Sims 3 add "dormitory/combined living" functionality? If not, and it keeps the same "FAMILY ON HOUSE ON PLOT OF LAND" approach, then the "Yamaku" family must be obscenely rich.
Not that I know of. Sims can't actually move in to community lots, although they can spend a lot of time there as long as they can satisfy most of their needs, I guess. But yeah, Motherlode cheat and etc.
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

That screenshot with the painting reminds me of early 90s Playstation style CG, for some reason.

:lol:
Hanako Lover
Lallafa

Post by Lallafa »

That's awesome!

Does the sims still have the ability to upload and download character sets and buildings and stuff? I might be tempted to play around a bit with these guys if you felt like sharing.
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

Lallafa wrote:That's awesome!

Does the sims still have the ability to upload and download character sets and buildings and stuff? I might be tempted to play around a bit with these guys if you felt like sharing.
I'm no sims expert but I assume that it does.

It just wouldn't be the same without all that stuff.
Hanako Lover
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

@Asteru,

are you building and textured all these mods or are you just adding them in from a second party sight?

I ask since a few of the textures are a bit...off.
Asteru

Post by Asteru »

Snicket wrote:@Asteru,

are you building and textured all these mods or are you just adding them in from a second party sight?

I ask since a few of the textures are a bit...off.
Yeah, all of this stuff is from different websites. I don't know anything about 3d modeling, and while I can texture okay, the sims 3 models have weird issues with bumpmaps, and the fact that I can't figure how I could edit textures onto someone else's work. I'd probably have to ask for the model or something. The only thing I actually made in this game was The Painting, which is just a retexture and not that hard to do for something like that.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

I see, i was just curious since the texture on the 'dorms' didn't get titled right. If you had made these, i was would of offered my assistance in them. Since i'm a kinda into 3d modeling and Texturing and would like to make something that would be used in a game. Even if its a mod.

Post by Guest »

Not to completely resurrect a thread, but...
Asteru wrote: Hanako is still in need of burn scars.
http://www.ladyfrontbum.com/?p=2217
I saw this skin and I said, "Ohai Hanako."
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

Guest wrote:Not to completely resurrect a thread, but...
Asteru wrote: Hanako is still in need of burn scars.
http://www.ladyfrontbum.com/?p=2217
I saw this skin and I said, "Ohai Hanako."
That link is NSFW, lol
Hanako Lover