KATAWA MEIDO GAMU! (PLAY THREAD)

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

whiteflags

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMU! (PLAY THREAD)

Post by whiteflags »

I watched (unhelpfully) as Abigail sprung into action and the scene unfolded. There was a huge crash. Making sure my scalpel was where I expected, my stocking -- just in case -- I charged downstairs after them, to approximately where they are, but ended up tumbling down halfway towards the bottom.

"Is everybody OK?!" I called, after getting up and while massaging my head. I wanted to know what was going on, too, but I didn't think they would be able to explain. Master Nakai keeps weird pets!

X is scientifically proven to Y.
Rozen

Post by Rozen »

"kyaaa!!!" Hanako screams as the jets of fire narrowly miss her as she jumps away. She lands on her butt and pulls herself back against a wall hoping to get as far from the flames as possible. A horrifying memory started to claw its way from the back of her mind but the sudden thundering of refrigerators slamming into Karou jolted her back to her senses.

Hanako rushed over to Karou shouting over the noise, "Are you alright??"

She notices Karou's eyes are fixes as though intently focused on something. Hanako turns to face the same direction and notices the Hellgate.

She nearly falls to her knees with a look of horror as the doors open.

Unsure of how hurt Karou was, Hanako quickly stood between her and the hellgate. Facing the opening doors she holds her hands wide in front of her as tho to shield Karou against whatever may be exiting those doors. Trying to look as determined as her trembling body will allow her, she yells "D-don't hurt my friend!"

affection roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2335552/ 15
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

((Normalcy?! THIS - IS - KATAWA MEI -- stopping. >_< But oww, why do the fridges have an attribute of 6 instead of some sane difficulty?! v_V The universe wishes for my death.))

Symptoms: incomparably excruciating headache that likely means a fractured skull, limp that implies a broken toe, and a rapidly developing case of claustrophobia. Diagnosis: chain mail is not a sufficient defense against falling refrigerators. Note to self: avoid refrigerators in future. Mumbling incoherently, Kaoru stumbled out of the final fridge, whirling in an off-balance daze to give it a farewell wave, and was immediately propelled across the kitchen, landing in a haphazard sprawl at Hanako's feet, due to a half-dozen fireworks traps detonating simultaneously. Especially trapped ones.

Slapping herself into full consciousness, an adrenal surge temporarily negating what was likely a myriad of concussions, Kaoru shoved off the ground to push herself into a crouch next to Hanako, her kusarigama twirling about her as she scanned the ruined floor, mentally piecing together the shattered tiles to form a completed image of the occult pattern that had summoned this Gate ((with a Cunning roll of 24; I finally get to use her best stat)). Perhaps she could figure out what type of demon was being summoned; even if that didn't tell her how to dismiss or banish it, she should be able to figure out its weaknesses. She'd fought well over four hundred types of demon already, after all. Her old family tended to run into them with incredibly alarming frequency.

All the experience, all the fighting capability...this was definitely going to be Kaoru's job. Yup, that girl certainly wasn't going to be any use at all....So why was she stepping forward to defend Kaoru, who had never offered to help her? From where did Hanako find the courage to yell defiantly at a foe far beyond her power? And unarmed, no less.

At the very least, Kaoru might as well offer a suggestion, then..."Um, don't you have a weapon, Hanako? You don't seem, you know, to be much of a fighter..." A very simple suggestion, anyway.
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

(Where was I? Oh, right. Face full of lion ass.)

"Oof!" Slamming face first into a large predatory mammal didn't hurt as much as Abagail thought it would. Extricating herself from the unconscious beast, Abagail
ran to Sarina, fear clenching her stomach.

"Oh thank the Bull you're still alive! Are you oka-ohnowhatisonmyheadewewewew" Realizing just where she had impacted against the lion, Abagail tore her headpiece off in a panic and tried frantically to clean her hair with spit and fingercombing.

That completed, she straightened her hair with a modicum of dignity (her apron recruited to replace the headscarf tossed violently into a distant corner. "That was...unusual," she pointed to the lion.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

"Um, yes, a little." Sarina replied, staring at her frying pan, which was back to cast iron and normal length. The lion was a good deal less unusual than the attack she'd nailed it with. How on earth had that happened? She was almost vaguely surprised her outfit hadn't changed to something absurdly lacy. It was so bizarre it almost felt unreal, but the burn on the lion grounded it firmly in reality.

"Er, are you okay Abagail?" she asked, trying to move on before her imagination got the best of her and started casting the other residents of the mansion in a shoujo manga with her as the heroine.