KATAWA MEIDO GAMU! (PLAY THREAD)

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

ThreeStep

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMU! (PLAY THREAD)

Post by ThreeStep »

"Excellent! Now where did I put them..." Abagail dropped into a crouch and started rifling through her duffel bag. Everything was neatly organized, but there was a lot. "Um. Here! Right next to the-" At the sound of the cigarette scuffle however, she sprung upright, the handle of her scythe in hand, the rest hidden in the bag. Seeing what she had grabbed instead, Abagail blushed and quickly stuffed it back in place.

"Oops. Here's the information, Master His-Nakai." Gotta watch that last-name thing."I'll go find Ayame and Marybelle, then-" A horrified gasp and quickly Abagail lunged to pick up the cigarette remains, brush the ashes away and glare at the other two maids. "-don't litter! Its bad for the Bull and Gaia!" A quick bow to Hisao, then Abagail hurried off."

First, the servants' quarters to drop off my stuff. By the Bull, this place is huge!
Once out of sight of the entrance, Abagail broke into a run, skidding to a stop in front of the rooms. Hearing familiar voices, she poked her head in a doorway.

"Hey you two! Master Nakai says for me to help out in the kitchen."

(Athletics Roll of 24 if needed.http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2332630/)
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

((Since everyone has simply assumed SirMax isn't changing his roll, I guess it's too late to let you do that anymore, unless you can convince them all to edit their posts since they were impatient. Sorry, Max. It's their faults. Tell me whether you'll accept my victory conditions or just take 18 Stress against your 20 Spirit. Since ThreeStep interrupted my intended victory condition, it's instead "You will freak out and apologize fervently whenever smoking or even considering smoking as you bump into Kaoru, and, for at least the first incident in which she does anything mean to you, whether or not it's successful you won't tell anyone."))

"Um...watching out....Oh. Right. Help. Yes, that is what I did. Help. Enthusiastically, even. Of course. You're, um, you're welcome, Master Nakai." Problem Solver disappeared within her suspension-of-disbelief-shattering armor as Kaoru coughed violently to cover a laugh at this turn of events. Misinterpretations in her favor weren't too common, so she made sure to revel in her moments of luck when they happened. "Anyway, Sarina, you may redeem yourself by - doing as Master Nakai says. I shall remain to - assist in other matters; for one, I have my doubts that - Hanako located the kitchen..." After an eye roll so vehement the resulting headache caused her to regret it instantly, she turned to Hisao and, with another obsequious curtsey, sprinted off towards the kitchen, hoping the burnt girl had gotten lost somewhere else and she'd finally have a chance to explore the place in detail; her previous attempt had been ruined by the somewhat early arrival of the other maids.
Last edited by EternalLurker on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rozen

Post by Rozen »

(hopefully no one saw what I wrote but it seems Eternallurker seems to think I'm already on my way to the kitchen, I'm changing my post to reflect that as I like where this is going, problem is i'm not sure if I found the kitchen or not...so....)

Hanako continues wondering down the halls looking for the kitchen, she hopes she can find it soon as she does not want to keep Hisao waiting for long.

(this sucks too as my original post was so epic T.T)
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

((Well, you rolled Luck to find the kitchen, so I assumed you were already on your way there.))
Last edited by EternalLurker on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rozen

Post by Rozen »

(its cool, we'll roll with this, just find me in the hall or something, I also just figured out how to get my rolls in invisible castle, my luck roll wasn't in the Katawa maido page, but the rest of my rolls from now on will)

new luck roll for kitchen finding, in the katawa meido page, ignore if Kaoru finds me first... opposed luck roll check maybe?

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2332722/
total 8

edit: (from now on, if I roll I'll assume that means i'm doing it, which would make sense, obviously If i'm looking for the kitchen I'm not in the same room as everyone else, should have rped it better to show me scampering off to find it or something, but whatever).
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

((Kaoru was here a little before all you guys and was already trying to find the kitchen, so she knows almost exactly where it is. I don't think rolling's really necessary for her, so I'll just bump into you on the way and drag you there.))

For a mansion, these hallways were not particularly wide.

Granted, there wasn't any reason to widen them. Kenji and Hisao were the main people who lived here, apparently, and by the latter's own admission it was unlikely more people than were currently here would ever fill these halls. Nonetheless, every single corridor in Kaoru's old Masters' mansion dwarfed these, likely because they had a tendency to have half a dozen servants surrounding them at any given instant.

The issue here was that these halls were too small for stealth to be an easy task until she'd acquainted herself more intimately with the architectural details of the mansion. And this was in turn an issue because she had finally found Hanako, running in circles -- fairly small ones, stunningly -- in her attempts to locate the kitchen. Sneaking past the girl to reach her destination seemed infeasible, and this irked her.

Stifling a reluctant sigh, Kaoru stepped forward and lightly rapped on an adjacent wall to catch Hanako's attention. "Hanako? If you were to draw - a diagonal line through this - place from where we are, you would see that the - kitchen is at precisely the opposite end - of the mansion from here. I'm impressed at your reality-warping ability to become lost, but please follow me for now, okay?" She led the hapless maid down a fairly labyrinthine path, not the one she'd taken previously, in order to explore a little more before they arrived.

((Have fun describing the kitchen, CMM...or shall I? I think I know what to expect, if Kenji's been doing the cooking so far as Hisao implied.))
Rozen

Post by Rozen »

Hanako, a bit blushing at the armored maid's observation on her apparent lack of any sense of direction, allowed herself to be drug across the hall. Having come in late for introductions she thought it would be best to ask her for her name,

"I-I didn't catch your name at the entrance, a-and sense you know mine already, could you- could you tell me yours?"
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

Crud Bonemeal wrote:("Oh, I think I made her more nervous. I'll save the humor for later, I guess. Let's try that again.")

Marybelle went ahead, and Ayame was worried that she may be more upset than she let on. As she followed behind, Ayame agonized over what to say to make Marybelle comfortable in her new role. She and what was left of Kenji arrived at a set of double doors. Ayame decided to go with what she'd thought up.

"Oh, are these the servants' quarters? Uh, sorry if I made you nervous earlier. I don't really know how you're feeling right now, but remember what I said outside. If you have any trouble, you can always come to me for help. You can even call me 'Sempai.' Uh, if you want, that is. My father always used to say, 'A new job is never as tough if you have a friend to help.'"

Ayame's mouth had gone from her previous mischievous grin to a warm smile, brimming with sincerity.

("I hope I didn't come on too strong.")
I quickly returned my key to its pocket, and opened the doors wide, hinges squeaking, to reveal a room lit with a few lamps, a sofa, a table and telephone, and a keybox. The doors were probably on the adjacent wall outside of my field of vision.

I was starting to get nervous for another reason entirely now. The simple task we had took longer than I anticipated, and it somehow felt like we were spending too long idly chatting. By the way the conversation was going things were getting worse with Ayame as well. I didn't want her to misunderstand. I had to say something, but I never really had the chance either, after hearing Abigail.

"Nakai says for me to help out in the kitchen!"

"We screwed up!" I exclaimed, louder than I intended, and blushing because things were so embarrassing now. Regretfully, I just went into exposition mode. "Anyway, those should be the servants' quarters." She extended her pointer finger. "That is the common room, where anybody can go, to get to the bathroom, get rest, or whatever. From there should be an exit to the separate rooms where we sleep -- don't be surprised if those are small. That's all I remember. I'm really sorry, but I think I need to go."

I turned and headed in the direction of Abigail's voice, walking quickly. "Coming!" she wailed. "I'll be able to help with dinner!"

She would have to be led to the kitchen, but the kitchen was a place where she could show off. A happy smile was upon her face.
Last edited by whiteflags on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
X is scientifically proven to Y.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

((Now that we're on completely separate missions -- Hanako and Kaoru to set up the kitchen and begin cooking, Abagail and Sarina and Marybelle and Ayame to get the shopping list from Kenji and drive down the mountain to buy the items on it -- I guess Rozen and I can post at our own pace, separate from the other four. In that case I might as well describe the kitchen rather than waiting for CMM to return in another 24 hours or more.))

"I'm Kaoru, and I have spasmo - dic dysphonia. You're Hanako, and you seem to have - a complex about your burns." Ignoring the girl's reaction, she trudged on, both verbally and towards their destination. "The girl with prosthetics - is Sarina. Marybelle may have a - physical disability, extrapolating - from the earlier incident. I don't doubt that Ayame - and Abagail each have some sort - of abnormality. Do you see a pattern here? I'm quite suspicious - as to the motives for collecting - several disabled maids under...one......roof....." She trailed off. They had arrived.

What the hell is this?!

What was likely once a kitchen was now the most absurd of battlefields. On one side, the weapons of misogyny were plentiful. There were seven fridges, presumably only one of which actually functioned and contained food, the rest of which were likely filled with traps; each had the phrase "No Girls Allowed" scribbled over the door with various misspellings and in a rainbow of colors. I'm pretty sure that one is written in real blood, oh my god. The only window in the room had the curtains drawn and stapled closed, that attachment simultaneously serving to display an even more befuddling reminder which read "Keep closed at all times to thwart feminist snipers!" On the other side of the war was Hisao, the voice of (relative) sanity. The metal cutlery drawer was locked several times over with an impressive variety of mechanisms, a friendly note taped beneath it: "Plastic cutlery is in the left cabinet, Kenji. You don't need sharp metal objects. Ever." Idly taking apart each of the locks one-handed with intuitive ease, Kaoru didn't even bother to look at them as she eyed her surroundings for more evidence of the conflict: lamps set up to compensate for the lack of light in the room due to the unused window, shattered because a bright light from the inside of the room would certainly attract the attention of snipers and spies at night; handwritten inquiries as to which fridge was the real one, met by crimson responses to the effect of "I don't remember anymore; I've been living on rats for a week now;" the kitchen was massive and every square centimeter of it was covered with the telltale signs of this battle.

"......maids...and a butler....with disabilities........Kenji's disability obviously being - complete insanity. My suspicion grows. Hanako, please try to open those fridges - until you find one with food, preferably aged less than two months. I'll...set about cleaning this place up, in the meantime," Kaoru sighed resignedly as she got to work.

((Locks are undone for free. Yay Lockpicking Maid Power. All the other stuff...ugh....Well, a 24 for cleaning, before stunt bonuses of course. Holy crap Invisible Castle has been in love with all of us; whenever we roll under the Katawa Meido campaign name it's been giving us maxed-out rolls, consistently.))
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

[Wait wait wait, I have something I need to explain... let me collect everything I need to quote EL

OK, this was from CMM's last GM post:
"Actually, yes," Hisao says, turning back to Abigail. "Could you go find Ayame and Marybelle, and ask them to help with the cooking? And don't short sell yourself; cooking's easy, and even if you can't cook anything right now, I'm sure your friends will need help in the kitchen."

[cutting Sarina's part]

He looks back and forth between Sarina and Kaoru. "Actually, come to think of it, I can get to my room by myself. The kitchen's not really all that big though, so why don't you take the car," he says, pulling out a bunch of keys from his pocket, "and do some grocery shopping? Kenji should have a list of what we need; go with Abigail and you'll be able to get the list from Kenji at the same time."
Which means that you are not cooking, Crud and me are, while you and SirMax go shopping. Hanako can do as she pleases, apparently. Describing the kitchen from your perspective is a bad idea unless you can do it in passing. For my role and the people involved, I assume we'll be doing boring prep work while you buy whatever we're actually making (meat dessert, whatever). You were supposed to follow Abigail, apparently, but he posted kinda fast.

Not to mention, Crud and I look quite inept since we haven't fixed Kenji yet. That's OK, but whatever you decide to do I can't really pay attention because I'm going in another direction towards Abigail, and will let Three Step control me until we get to the kitchen.

It's also probably a good idea to have a layout of the mansion so we avoid multicar pile-ups like this again. We can still feign ignorance in character if that's somehow riveting. I think we need to agree on what the mansion looks like though.]
Last edited by whiteflags on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rozen

Post by Rozen »

As they entered the kitchen, Hanako was struck by a thought more terrifying than the disaster they walked into,

"Spasmonic Dysphonia? I thought you just had a bit of a stutter like I get when I'm a nervous... I'm so.... I'm so...," she begins fiercely bowing apologetically, "I'm so inconsiderate, please forgive me! I can't imagine what that must be like for you! I'll get right onto looking for something to cook!"

Hanako begins frantically rummaging through shelves and refrigerators and freezers trying to find something edible.

A Luck roll to see if she finds anything:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2332749/ 4 (oh god, my luck fails, rolled a 1, no wonder I have burns)...
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

whiteflags wrote:explanation of what CMM wrote
((I'm well aware of what Hisao told us to do. If you'd read my post on this very page, I dumped that job on Sarina and went after Hanako. I dunno what Abigail, Marybelle and the like will decide to do, but I needed to make sure Hanako wasn't going to be lost in the labyrinth that is this mansion for the rest of eternity. Consider giving Sarina my job part of my win condition on her; I don't think SirMax will want to take 18 Stress on 20 Spirit or he'll be in trouble fairly early.

Rozen: oh god, Hanako's gonna get burned again by a flame trap in one of the fridges, isn't she? Once CMM gets back to decide on a difficulty for the roll, let's see if it's higher than 4... :P If it is I'll probably try to assist with an Athletics roll to dive and tackle you out of the way, or Cunning to predict from telltale signs which fridge is the real one and save you from the wrong one.))
Last edited by EternalLurker on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rozen

Post by Rozen »

whiteflags wrote:[Wait wait wait, I have something I need to explain... let me collect everything I need to quote EL

OK, this was from CMM's last GM post:
"Actually, yes," Hisao says, turning back to Abigail. "Could you go find Ayame and Marybelle, and ask them to help with the cooking? And don't short sell yourself; cooking's easy, and even if you can't cook anything right now, I'm sure your friends will need help in the kitchen."

[cutting Sarina's part]

He looks back and forth between Sarina and Kaoru. "Actually, come to think of it, I can get to my room by myself. The kitchen's not really all that big though, so why don't you take the car," he says, pulling out a bunch of keys from his pocket, "and do some grocery shopping? Kenji should have a list of what we need; go with Abigail and you'll be able to get the list from Kenji at the same time."
Which means that you are not cooking, Crud and me are, while you and SirMax go shopping. Hanako can do as she pleases, apparently. Describing the kitchen from your perspective is a bad idea unless you can do it in passing. For my role and the people involved, I assume we'll be doing boring prep work while you buy whatever we're actually making (meat dessert, whatever). You were supposed to follow Abigail, apparently, but he posted kinda fast.

Not to mention, Crud and I look quite inept since we haven't fixed Kenji yet. That's OK, but whatever you decide to do I can't really pay attention because I'm going in another direction towards Abigail, and will let Three Step control me until we get to the kitchen.

It's also probably a good idea to have a layout of the mansion so we avoid multicar pile-ups like this again. We can still feign ignorance in character if that's somehow riveting. I think we need to agree on what the mansion looks like though.]
I thought that at first too HOWEVER:
EternalLurker wrote:Anyway, Sarina --" (Something about that name, and this girl, worries me...) "-- you may redeem yourself by - doing as Master Nakai says. I shall remain to - assist in other matters; for one, I have my doubts that - Hanako located the kitchen..." After an eye roll so vehement the resulting headache caused her to regret it instantly, she turned to Hisao and, with another obsequious curtsey, sprinted off towards the kitchen, hoping the burnt girl had gotten lost somewhere else and she'd finally have a chance to explore the place in detail; her previous attempt had been ruined by the somewhat early arrival of the other maids.
here EL shows that Karou is moving in a different direction than what Hisao suggested, her personality obviously not one to wait for an answer, the consequences of that are of course up to CMM, but lets not take this to seriously guys, its Maide the rpg, not DnD.

oh ya, this post COMPLETELY OUT OF CHARACTER

EDIT: i'm a bit nervous about explaining details about locations without the DM but at the same time the rule book seemed to be in favor of certain details being expressed even if the DM does not explicitly point out every tile on the floor. However, EL's discription is pretty awesome, I'm sure CMM will be ok with it, if not I guess we delete our posts? :(
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

EternalLurker wrote:
whiteflags wrote:explanation of what CMM wrote
((I'm well aware of what Hisao told us to do. If you'd read my post on this very page, I dumped that job on Sarina and went after Hanako. I dunno what Abigail, Marybelle and the like will decide to do, but I needed to make sure Hanako wasn't going to be lost in the labyrinth that is this mansion for the rest of eternity. Consider giving Sarina my job part of my win condition on her; I don't think SirMax will want to take 18 Stress on 20 Spirit or he'll be in trouble fairly early.
[But if you're cooking as well, that makes five people in the kitchen (you, Hanako, Abigail, me, and Crud) and Sir Max is doing shopping by himself. Hanako's situation is unfortunate, but we're all doing the same damn thing.]
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

((Not at all. Sarina is supposed to follow Abagail to meet Marybelle and Ayame, and she knows that I'm already heading to the kitchen with Hanako. Obviously she'll explain the situation and ask one or more of you to help her with the shopping. Furthermore, cooking is not my priority anymore; fixing the insanity that should be a kitchen is of paramount importance. I can stay out of your way and do that while you guys cook. It'll be a long, time-consuming task even with my godlike Skill roll. Kenji is thorough and this has been going on for a long time.))