World of Katawarcraft? (that was a bad title)

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Sgt_Frog

World of Katawarcraft? (that was a bad title)

Post by Sgt_Frog »

After reading The Laughing Man's epic fanfiction, "Courage", and considering my current addiction to both World of Warcraft and Katawa Shoujo related things, I've decided to post this thread wondering what classes the girls (and probably Kenji and Hisao) would be if they were characters in the vast world of Azeroth. This is my first thread, so please don't flame me too much. I'm not really skilled in making this look good like the rest of the threads on here. Also, The Laughing Man, if you're reading this, please don't be offended that I'll probably use some of your ideas from your fanfic.

Ok, I guess I'll go first. (I'm going to be using the talents and skills from Patch 3.2 for this. Keep in mind that this thread is totally informal, so I'll probably get many things wrong.)

First up is Hanako. I think she'd be either a Shadow-priestess or a Warlock. The reasoning behind this would be such Shadowpriest skills such as Fade, Psychic Scream and Mind Flay (which is also known as "that face melting spell"). But Shadowpriests, while not the best healers, can still heal to some degree, which could probably fit the duality of Hanako's appearance. The reasoning behind Hanako being a Warlock is that they're well known for their destructive fire and shadow based spells. Since a few people seem to think Hanako wants to get revenge on the world in general by burning people, she could do that with spells like Immolate,Hellfire and Searing Pain. Also, Drain Soul/Drain Life would look hella cool when she casts it. Wow, I just made Hanako totally evil. I did not mean to do that.

Next up is Lilly. I decided she'd be a tanking class because a) she's Hanako's close friend and "protector" and b) she puts up with a lot of crap from Shizune (and to a lesser extent, Kenji). I think she'd make a great Protection-specced paladin, with such talents and skills like Stoicism and Blessing of Sanctuary (the tearoom)...and maybe Lay On Hands. Another idea is that Lilly could be a druid. Druids can tank and heal pretty well, and many animals rely on smell and hearing more than sight anyway, so it sorta works. Travel and Flight Forms may be a problem though. I don't know, maybe Hanako can ride on her back and steer her or something (as if there wasn't enough Hanako/Lilly yuri).

Shizune would most likely be a Retribution-specced paladin, since she's known by pretty much everyone here as the "tsundere" (Retribution Aura + healing ability). I know somebody's going to say she can't cast spells since she can't speak, but I've decided that through years of training as a paladin, she's managed to circumvent that issue. The Ret talent "Seal of Command" fits because she's just got that "leader" vibe. Also, Hammer of Justice adds a bit of irony since it's a powerful stun/silence effect. In The Laughing Man's fanfic, it would seem that Shizune used Divine Intervention, but she sacrificed herself to destroy the lich master (Lich King?), not protect someone with a perfect, impenetrable shield, which is what happens in WoW. Lilly and Shizune have always been at odds with each other, so it's great that they're both paladins...and I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

Emi would be a rogue. It's kinda obvious as to why, since Sprint and Kick would both fit Emi pretty well. She probably picked the lock on the door that leads to the roof. As for which spec, I don't know. Maybe Combat or Subtlety. She doesn't seem to be the aggresive killing type (Assassination).

Rin would be...a mage. She has that "philosophical" thing going on, which strikes me as "mage-like", particularly Arcane-spec. Arcane Shielding, Mage Armor, or Mana Shield may have been that wall of energy Rin had put up to block incoming attacks. Turning someone into a sheep would probably be something she'd do if she was annoyed with that person (which doesn't seem to happen often).

Okay, so now for this 5-woman raid group, we have 4 DPS (damage per second, raid slang for the main damage-dealers) and a tank (the one or two heavily armored characters that take damage so the other, less armored characters don't die). Hmm. That's not good. Well, Shizune and Lilly, being both paladins could switch off the roles of tanking and/or healing. Hanako, being a shadowpriestess, could do a good amount of healing, despite being a DPS spec. But in order to sufficiently heal groupmates for the top-level dungeons and heroic instances, the group would need someone who actually specialized in healing.

And now for the other main characters!

I'm tempted to make Misha a Warrior simply because of the Warrior skills Commanding Shout, Battle Shout, and Demoralizing Shout. There is no Bard class in World of Warcraft (although the April Fools 2008 hoax was the "release" of the Bard class).

Kenji would probably be a Fury-specced Warrior BECAUSE HE IS INSANE.

I really can't think of a class for Hisao. Maybe, like the Team Fortress thread a while back, he'll become the class of the girl he goes down the path of.

So...what are your opinions?
Do you think I should just delete this thread and put it in as a regular post on the "Wacky and Zany Comparisons" thread?
ROFLWAFFLE!

Re: World of Katawarcraft? (that was a bad title)

Post by ROFLWAFFLE! »

Maaaaan, if we hunters didn't have that bad rep.
"Michael Jackson ain't dead, he's just hiding somewhere in South America with Elvis n' 2pac."
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

I was thinking about Lilly being a Hunter, purely for the irony and the "lulz".
ROFLWAFFLE!

Post by ROFLWAFFLE! »

Sgt_Frog wrote:I was thinking about Lilly being a Hunter, purely for the irony and the "lulz".

"Beast Mastery" Lilly - She'll use her ol' dog.

"Marksmen" Lilly - There's plenty of blind marksmen that use their other senses and excell.

"Survival" Lilly - lol, just lol... She'll be laying down traps and dipping. xD
"Michael Jackson ain't dead, he's just hiding somewhere in South America with Elvis n' 2pac."
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Sgt_Frog wrote:Do you think I should just delete this thread and put it in as a regular post on the "Wacky and Zany Comparisons" thread?
I think that about all of these threads. >_<
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

Hanako - Warlock or mage

The dark persona fits her well. Most likely a spec that doesn't have a pet since she doesn't seem the type to use a pet

Rin - Shaman

Because they are awesome. Spec enhancement

Emi - Paladin

Just a shot in the darm here. But what if this small cripple girl was a badass tank. It would be funny.

Lilly -

Hmm maybe a priest?

Shizune -

Rouge for sure. She seems stealthy
i am disagreeing with you

Post by i am disagreeing with you »

ROFLWAFFLE! wrote:"Marksmen" Lilly - There's plenty of blind marksmen that use their other senses and excell.
No, there isn't "plenty", owing to the fact that being blind makes it bloody hard to aim.
flurk

Post by flurk »

hi guys i heard specs are awesome.

hisao = arcane maej
goes HNNNNNNNNNNG when he's oom

kenji = furry warrior
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

lilly = combat pvp roag
(spamming FoK and doesn't afraid of anything. doesn't require sight to execute)
though maybe lilly should be a huntard for having a pet.

hanako = mut roag.
probably bad humour for my part.

rin = holy pally
stands there and goes "yeah whatever" (hpals just spam heals and doesn't afraid of anything)

emi = resto drood
good at running around all the time, doesn't tire, doesn't die.

shizune = afflic log
you notice her until she hurts you

misha = unholy dick-ay
you'll always know when one is around.

nurse - disco preast.
(durr)

and yes thread title is bad XD
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

I think Lilly should be Illidan Stormrage

Or should I say Lillian.
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

Ubergeneral, that would be so incredibly awesome.

And Flurk, you play a troll, right? You certainly seem like a troll.
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

Sgt_Frog wrote:Ubergeneral, that would be so incredibly awesome.

And Flurk, you play a troll, right? You certainly seem like a troll.
Someone need to draw this.

Maybe Shizune could be the lich king?
Mr. Shine

Post by Mr. Shine »

Honestly, I could really see Shizune, Misha, and Hanako playing WoW. Emi just isn't the gaming type, and Lilly couldn't for obvious reasons. Rin might do it, but I doubt it; her personality just doesn't jive with the kind you need to devote hours and hours to a game.

Shizune and Misha love games already, and Shicchan is so competitive that I could totally see her as a PvP junkie. She'd also raid, since being the first to experience new content is a pretty prestigious position. (well...amongst people who care about that sort of thing) Plus, since WoW is online it means that she wouldn't need to rely on Misha to communicate with people. I know they're best friends, but it must get frustrating sometimes being unable to just talk to people by yourself. In my opinion, she'd be either a Mage or a Warlock. Healing is too supportive, and tanking isn't viable in PvP. Of the DPS classes, that leaves Rogues, Mages, Hunters, and Warlocks: Rogues are too sneaky and Hunters involve too much kiting and waiting. Same with Warlocks, plus they rely on their pets and I think she's be more likely to want to do her own dirty work. That leaves Mage. She'd be one of those "3-minute Mages," who can kill someone in 5 seconds but are almost useless until their cooldowns are finished. (hence "3-minute," they're only good every three minutes)

Misha would probably be a Feral Druid. She's definitely more in-your-face than Shizune (who, while aggressive, is pretty reasonable if you're not breaking the rules or challenging her to a contest) and she'd be willing to tank for Shizune. She also switches personalities a lot; she has to represent both her own words, opinions, etc. as well as Shizune's, which means she's good at shifting based on the situation. She also likes being the center of attention, and that's what being a tank is all about. I also think Misha would get a kick out of turning into a big cuddly bear.

Hanako is a little harder to see, since we haven't gotten a whole lot about what she personally likes aside from chess and books. WoW is all about escapism, though, and Hanako is definitely the type to want to escape. Think about it- a whole world of people who can't see her face, don't know she's scarred, and won't treat her any differently. I think she'd still be really shy, though, so she would be doing a lot of soloing. For classes, I think she'd most definitely be a Holy Priest. It's her nature to stand back and hide behind people who are/seem stronger than her, so it's logical that she'd pick a class that would let her passively support rather than actively attack. It's too bad Lilly can't play, because I could seriously picture her as a Paladin protecting the squishy Hanako.
MadDogV2

World of Katawacraft

Post by MadDogV2 »

Oh boy, yet another "what if" thread! I got to thinking, what WoW classes would the cast of KS be? Like if they were physically in the world experiencing it first-hand, but at the same time are aware they're in a game and that most game mechanics still apply. Questions, ideas, comments are welcome of course.

Hisao: Blood Death Knight. A heart condition isn't a concern if you're undead. He can now fight and run and jump without his heart holding him back, however he's far from "cured". I don't think being undead would be any more fun than dealing with arrhythmia, hell it might even be worse. He's Blood because a tanking role suits him well (and "blood" happens to fit thematically with his disability). A selfless defender who endures and sacrifices for the sake of others, yet must depend on healers and concentrate on staying alive more than most. When you think of it like that, how much has really changed for him then?

Lilly: Restoration Shaman. A deep spiritual bond with the elements would be beneficial to Lilly since she could take advantage of it to further work around her blindness. In fact, she would actually be able to obtain more information about her surroundings than even a sighted person. She would go Resto because a healing role is well in line with her motherly nature.

Hanako: Fire Mage Shadow Priest. The idea of attacking by inflicting mental anguish on enemies may appeal to her misanthropy. Really, to assault the minds of her adversaries she need only show them memories of her own tragic past :shock:. That she can turn things around and make her own pain and suffering into a weapon by projecting it into the minds of others might even give her a morbid sort of comfort. Oh, and being in shadowform would make her scars (and her appearance in general) very difficult to see.

Emi: Feral (Cat) Druid. Druids are highly mobile with their travel forms, and they have sprint in cat form, plus Feral gets improved movement speed in cat form. Also :3 . Emi is melee because they have to move a lot in fights (usually), ranged or any other role would probably make her stir-crazy ("So I have to stand still the entire time I'm casting or else my spells won't work? Screw that, I'll go slap their shit instead!"). The question is, would her legs still be missing when she shapeshifts, or only in normal form? If the first is the case maybe she could get some special legs carved in wood, engraved with runes or otherwise enchanted so that they react to her druid powers and change shape when she switches forms?

Rin: Arcane Mage. Rin is a caster for fairly obvious reasons: it's difficult to wield a weapon without arms. Since magic users don't actually use their weapons to attack and equip them merely for stats, Rin could just keep her's sheathed and not be penalized for it. But that reminds me of another question, how would she use gloves and bracers? She'd have to come up with some kind of solution or else she'll lose out on stats. Rin is pretty absentminded and forgetful, so Arcane with its LAWL 2 BUTTANS rotation seems like the safest bet.

I'm not sure what to do with Shizune (though I know she would for sure appoint herself as raid leader) and Misha (and she would bark Shizune's orders "Shicchan says not to stand in fire~ and people who do shouldn't get heals, wahaha! Wait, isn't that kinda mean Shicchan?"). I'm thinking have one as a tank and the other a healer, because that would parallel their closeness. The challenge here is how they communicate in combat.
metalangel

Re: World of Katawacraft

Post by metalangel »

Shizune would go totally Onyxia Wipe on people (Rin probably, who'd go afk). It would be funny to hear Misha translate the rage.
CNB

Re: World of Katawacraft

Post by CNB »

Hanako plays EVE Online. World of Warcraft is for c-casuals.

edit: And shame on you for not casting Rin as an Arms warrior.