KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Commissar Mecha Milk

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Post by Commissar Mecha Milk »

EternalLurker wrote:A narcoleptic? Well, guess that character's out of it too. *looks through his list again*

As for the rolled numbers, having Maid RPG wouldn't be sufficient to figure out what those numbers mean in terms of stats. CMM's doing some weird voodoo magic shit to them, hence both rolled characters so far growing an extra point of Cunning out of thin air :P
I've been rounding up some of the numbers, so 2/3 after calculations become 1 (thus, rolling 2 2/3 makes a 3). Some of you may have also noticed an extra set of 2 numbers; these I planned to reserve for... special occasions.

And waiting, I'm not too hot on inviting butlers in, though if someone plans to play a butler, I'm willing to consider it. it's called Maid RPG though, and it's not like people are going to see you in the street and snigger. As for narcolepsy- sure, why not?
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

You rounded up? The rulebook said to round down -- which makes sense, so that there's only a 1/36 chance of a 4 or a 0 as a starting stat. My stats are like 3 points higher if you round up *ponder*
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

All right, another (potential) player.
waiting4email wrote:(and who wouldn't want Kenji in a KS-themed Maid game?)
Isn't Kenji already in this game as a butler? Way the description reads in the OP, he's like a GM-run antagonist or something.

Still looking for a copy of Maid, but blew my money on the new Eclipse Phase print copy, which is amazing.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Screw it, I've been waiting for everyone to pick their disabilities first so I'd just grab whatever was left in my list of Yamaku characters, but at this rate I'll end up left with precisely the two who would make horrible maids and don't really match my stat rolls anyway. I'm taking mixed spasmodic dysphonia, damnit. <_<
Rozen

Post by Rozen »

hmm... this looks fun...

In the spirit of this forum I'm going to run as one of the characters from the VN, at least in name (we'll see how the randomizer creates her, (i was running some tests for fun and the second time I got a maid with "horrible burns" lol). I think I'll run as a maid named Hanako Ikezawa age 19, if no one has claimed her yet.
I'll "leave the rest to you to figure out"

The dice rolls:
14 2d6:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2309650/
1d6:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2309651/

and do I need a copy of the rule book to play this?
Commissar Mecha Milk

Post by Commissar Mecha Milk »

Holy crap, I fall ill for a few days and I've suddenly got players popping up all over! Gimme a few hours, muggins here is at work atm, and things are getting a bit busy. Rest assured, I'll have your maids nice and specced up soon :D !
matt1985

Post by matt1985 »

The most strange charms of MaidRPG is the amazing breadth of strange characters you can cook up.
Crud Bonemeal

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

The whole reason I used Invisible Castle was so that I would have no idea of what I was going to get as my maid until it was too late to do anything about it. Otherwise I'd have re-rolled until I got something that made the stat guru in my head happy, but then it probably would have been boring.
"Slab Bulkhead!" "Blast Hardcheese!" "Buff Drinklots!" "Bolt van der Huge!" "Punch Rockgroin!" "Thick Runfast!" "Roll Fizzlebeef!" "Big McLargehuge!" "Bob Johnson! Oh, wait, no, no, sorry."
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

I have a rules question. Why does being more talented as something mean you're less stressed when you lose in a competition with it? Surely the better you are, the more confident you are in your abilities and the bigger a blow losing should be?

Also, is there any sort of character progression, like getting better at cooking, strengthening willpower, etc? Otherwise it seems like eventually everyone would end up with all zeroes for their stats, since you can lose points but not gain them.

Or am I just totally missing the point of this?
Crud Bonemeal

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

Now, from the description by Commisar, I think that the formual to raise stats is you pay Favor equal to ten times the new stat value. So, to go from zero to one is ten, two is twenty, three is thirty, etc.
"Slab Bulkhead!" "Blast Hardcheese!" "Buff Drinklots!" "Bolt van der Huge!" "Punch Rockgroin!" "Thick Runfast!" "Roll Fizzlebeef!" "Big McLargehuge!" "Bob Johnson! Oh, wait, no, no, sorry."
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Max, I don't get the Stress formula either. I guess their rationale is that you're confident enough in your abilities not to be shaken by a loss, like "Meh, your win was just luck."

And yeah, that Favor formula is how you increase stats.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

http://4chan.thisisnotatrueending.com/m ... hp?id=1276

Ahahaha I love you random options, you gave me an amazing character. "Clean, fragile and maidenly" and yet smokes like a chimney and hits people with a frying pan when stressed out.

Friend of mine drew her cause she's awesome:

I totally forgot to mention disability because I'm an idiot. She has two leg prosthetics, Emi-style.
Last edited by SirMax on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

...And you're a Magical Girl?
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

EternalLurker wrote:...And you're a Magical Girl?
Apparently.
Crud Bonemeal

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

Wait, your maid power is cooking, you're prone to violent outbursts, and you smoke like a chimney... Why so Sanji?