KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Crud Bonemeal

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

EternalLurker wrote:
Crud Bonemeal wrote:Well, it depends on exactly how big and Japanese the mansion is, it may be large enough to warrant a Shinto shrine on the grounds of the mansion (not unheard of).
'Cept that Hisao is decidedly not religious, I should think.
Crud Bonemeal wrote:Also, yeah, I figure I'd be out for a few hours with each explosion, or more accurately, the remainder of the current scene (which seems reasonable, considering that a Stress Explosion is the equivalent of running out of HP in other RPGs)
That's what I'm saying: the remainder of the current scene will likely be a couple minutes, while you'd be out for several scenes' worth. I'm just trying to make sure you actually get a chance to play; I'm on your side here. :P It's up to CMM how long the average scene will be, depending on how he DMs, but I'm willing to bet most scenes will be 3-5 minutes of in-game time. A battle against ninja assassins hunting Hisao to steal his heart because the reason it's malfunctioning is that it's where they stored the scroll which summons their dark deity is a massively important plot element but would not take more than four minutes of in-game time.
Crud Bonemeal wrote:Also, actually, it took quite a while for the one SQ I needed to come up, I kept getting a lot of the same SQs.
Sucks to be you; I tried it and got it in a little over 70 clicks, which was about 35 seconds. ^_^
Darn you, I've never been good at splitting up quotes! Where's a shaking-fist emote when you need one?

Anyway, who said Hisao was the original owner of the mansion? Also, there's an odd phenomenon in anime for there to be Shinto shrines within easy distance of the center of any story, especially at the base of mountains. Also, there's generally (in other RPGs, I'll be honest in saying this will be my first Maid game) a little time in between major scenes where characters have a chance to act independently (I suppose in Maid, that time would be used to complete maidly duties or have amusing interactions rather than sell loot). During a stress explosion, my "downtime" would be forfeit as my maid is busy praying and stuff. Essentially, she'd be gone until the next group scene or a few hours later, whichever comes first. Oh, and I actually didn't pay attention to how long it took me on the character generator, I just guessed, I suppose my estimation was off.
"Slab Bulkhead!" "Blast Hardcheese!" "Buff Drinklots!" "Bolt van der Huge!" "Punch Rockgroin!" "Thick Runfast!" "Roll Fizzlebeef!" "Big McLargehuge!" "Bob Johnson! Oh, wait, no, no, sorry."
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Then just stop quoting, damnit! I hate quotes that dwarf the posted response even more than I hate page-stretching images. (-.-)

No, Stress Explosions are instant. You don't get to wait until downtime to have your Stress Explosion. That's the issue. Say there are three back-to-back scenes each a few minutes long. That's not at all uncommon. A Stress Explosion that takes a minimum of several hours (you don't have the Teleport Maid Power so your ability to run up and down an entire mountain in less than a day is already a bit suspect) occurring in the first scene takes you out of the picture for all three.
Crud Bonemeal

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

EternalLurker wrote:Then just stop quoting, damnit! I hate quotes that dwarf the posted response even more than I hate page-stretching images. (-.-)

No, Stress Explosions are instant. You don't get to wait until downtime to have your Stress Explosion. That's the issue. Say there are three back-to-back scenes each a few minutes long. That's not at all uncommon. A Stress Explosion that takes a minimum of several hours (you don't have the Teleport Maid Power so your ability to run up and down an entire mountain in less than a day is already a bit suspect) occurring in the first scene takes you out of the picture for all three.
Well, what I meant is that my maid would exit during the current scene, then reappear the next time all the maids wind up gathered, or whenever a few hours had passed. See, from my experience in other RPGs that use the "you are in one location and stuff happens" scheme (RIFTS games taking place on a spaceship, etc.), each encounter is buffered by some time in which the characters can do whatever to develop their characters/manage their inventory or stats or whatever else is needed/rack up roleplaying XP before the next encounter. So, that's where I was coming from in writing my maid's stress explosion (and it's not like the mansion is atop Pike's Peak or something, it's more like, well, there aren't really any well-known small mountains, but they're fairly common in places like Japan or Italy, and they can generally be climbed in an hour or two, if you walk, my maid will be running, downhill). I figure if the explosion is fairly minor (only a couple points past the threshold), she could just have a minor breakdown and start focusing her thoughts into her omamori (an amulet to ward off bad luck) in hopes of improving the situation.
"Slab Bulkhead!" "Blast Hardcheese!" "Buff Drinklots!" "Bolt van der Huge!" "Punch Rockgroin!" "Thick Runfast!" "Roll Fizzlebeef!" "Big McLargehuge!" "Bob Johnson! Oh, wait, no, no, sorry."
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

All this debating the logistics of shrines sounds awfully complicated. Could I interest you in some pamphlets on the new True Faith, the Friends of Atlantis Society? You see, what we believe is...(I have no idea yet. Rest assured it will be 110% crackpottery).
Crud Bonemeal

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

Heehee, I look forward to hilarity ensuing following my first stress explosion in your character's presence. :mrgreen:
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

Yesss it will be full of speeches on psychic crystal lasers, bull gods and underground canals carved by cursed magma. Too bad I just got rid of this book last week. So much insanity to pick and choose from.
Crud Bonemeal

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

Well, you could always pick up a copy of Dianetics if you want to really simulate an insane cult of spaceman-worshippers. :wink:
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

Nah, Scientology's too easy. Its more fun to read and adapt lesser-known like Vril Society and von Daniken. Plus, Dianetics was one of the worst things I've tried to read. Couldn't make it past chapter 2, it was so boring. :|
Commissar Mecha Milk

Post by Commissar Mecha Milk »

Crud Bonemeal wrote: Okay, geez. I hate to complain, but this is, like, exactly the sort of character I can't play. I mean, I could probably work it if it weren't for the "Cool" maid type I got. I play over-the-top characters, I'd be completely clueless trying to play a character that's all emotionless. Especially since I'm also bad at developing personal subplots (like my special qualities dictate). Again, I don't want to be that guy, but I think I may have to re-roll, just this once (sorry). I wouldn't be doing this if I hadn't wasted thirty minutes trying to think of a fitting bio for my maid and failing horribly. Since it's my own failings that are causing trouble, I'll use the character generator, rather than burden you with having to figure out yet another maid.
Well, you don't have to play Ayame as the stereotypical 'cool and emotionless' Meidroid- why not interpret 'cool' and her low Affection as trying to act like the Fonz (you do know who the Fonz is, right? Oh god I'm so old) and generally putting people off. That said, if you feel most comfortable with your new character, by all means, keep it.
Crud Bonemeal wrote:Edit: Oh, I should probably apologize a little harder, actually, seeing as how I was the one who was all “yo, get to my stats, brah” and now I’m all like “whoa, I can’t RP those stats, brah”, so, sorry for being kind of a putz.
Pfft. Think nothing of it.
ThreeStep wrote:Abagail
I see nothing wrong with this character.
whiteflags wrote:Marybelle
Now all I need from you is one more 2d6 roll :twisted:
EternalLurker wrote: I have an idea about the Revenge thing, but it's contingent on the Master, of course, so are we assuming that Hisao's backstory follows standard KS canon? Including his reason for being sickly?
Arrythmia, or Iwanako's rejection?
EternalLurker wrote:'Cept that Hisao is decidedly not religious, I should think.
IF HE NEEDS A SHINTO SHRINE, THERE WILL BE A SHINTO SHRINE.

Also, I'll need a 3d6 roll from each of you as well, sorry. Muggins here needs... stuff. Yes. Stuff. *shifty*
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Commissar Mecha Milk wrote:Also, I'll need a 3d6 roll from each of you as well, sorry. Muggins here needs... stuff. Yes. Stuff. *shifty*
Does that apply to me, too?

Just in case:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2324359/
Last edited by SirMax on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

As I said earlier, CMM, if you want us to do our own rolling (and don't trust us D: ) you should probably make an Invisible Castle campaign page. In the meantime, my 3d6 was 1/5/4 = 10.

Also........You may wanna replay Katawa Shoujo. <_< But yes, "both".
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

3d6;2d6 → [6,4,4] = (14)
3d6;2d6 → [6,2] = (8)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2323233/

I rolled as test by the way, but whatever.
X is scientifically proven to Y.
Crud Bonemeal

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

@CMM

Aaaaaaaay, no probs, chief, I dig who the Fonz is. I used to watch Happy Days back when I was a kid (in the 90's, when it was on Nick at Nite, I'm not some old geezer :wink: oh wait, crap, I shouldn't poke fun at the GM). Anywho, I actually got my new character all figured out, she's gonna be one of those super-cheerful and energetic girls, who glomps her friends and hits people that make her mad and stuff (when she's not falling asleep at random), I really liked how it turned out. And thanks for the forgiveness, I never like being a troublemaker (though I can never seem to avoid it when it comes to RPGs :roll: ).

Also, 14.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2323641/

Oh, while I'm here, here's a more detailed visual description of my character, and a few specific facts:
-She's quite curvacious (see her measurements above) and tall, with straight, waist-length hair (yellow) and blue eyes.
-Her uniform is all white and slightly resembles a nurse's uniform, with the miniest skirt allowed by law (she's hoping Hisao will learn to control his reaction to provocative imagery, and thus be less at risk of death by "HNNNNNNG", if she bombards him with ecchi), and her head frilly thing has pastel pink embroidery shaped like a cross in the front. She carries several omamori for different purposes.
-Her face is definitely of the "cute" persuasion. Big eyes, playful smile. She generally acts really cute, too (always very bouncy and nice, and she loves everyone that isn't a jerk to her or her friends).
-Also, it's well-known at the mansion that Ayame is capable of administering First Aid and has stuff to help in a medical emergency. This isn't considered odd because her entire family has been like that (her great-great grandfather was the first member of her family to work at the mansion, who used the pretense of being a retired physician as the reason for his skills, and it's assumed he passed his knowledge down, when in fact the whole family is secretly employed by the government, as mentioned in Ayame's bio, no I have not thought of a good reason for the secrecy, maybe the masters of Yamaku Manor mistrust the government or something). She needs to be secretive and stealthy when receiving new medical supplies or when communicating with her superiors for whatever reason.
-Her love of everyone extends to sexuality, she will attempt to seduce anyone with qualities she finds attractive enough to warrant it, regardless of gender.
-She has a bit of Florence Nightengale Syndrome (nurse getting a crush on their patient) for Hisao.
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

Here's my 3d6: (1, 4, 1). Oh my, that seems...low.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2323741/
Crud Bonemeal

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

We could be rolling on a table, where high/low doesn't matter, rather than for a linear statistic, if that comforts you.