KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

EternalLurker

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Post by EternalLurker »

Yeah, that's why I suggested that Affection trick, since that doesn't require any reaction on your part, only on Hisao's. (You don't "react" to have a Luck roll turn out in your favor, for example; if anyone had conscious control over luck I would hate him/her forever.) Anyway, you take Stress equal to the Attack Power divided by the stat you used, and 0s are treated as 1s. Using my previous Attack Power of 18 as the example, if you'd used Cunning against me it'd've been the same as if you'd used Athletics or Skill: you'd take 18 Stress. With Luck or Will you'd take 9; with Affection, 4, assuming you lost at all. I really wish it worked the other way around, that losing contests with a higher attribute caused more stress as your confidence in your skill was shattered. Otherwise there's no incentive to use anything but one's highest attribute, which means powergaming Will or Luck (Will because it also increases Spirit, which is HP; Luck because its Maid Powers are broken; either because they're both so widely applicable in virtually any scenario) is stupidly effective.

EDIT at SirMax's most recent post in the IC thread (because I keep making OoC posts in that thread and it's bad, so I'll stop): oh god, I hope the difficulty on that roll is <4 or we'll have another hopelessly lost maid on our hands, and this time no one except Hisao himself will even know she's missing.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Double-posting cuz shit's gotten too real. Gonna take a step back and explain where we are right now, or at the very least where we should be. This includes notes of what we need from CMM to make this quick.

Abagail:
-has notified Marybelle and Ayame that they're needed in the kitchen
-has run off to the servants' quarters to drop off her stuff
-is now heading to the kitchen, with a Luck roll of 10 to bump into Sarina while so doing. Is that enough, CMM? Assuming SirMax doesn't decide to oppose it in an effort to continue unhindered on his mission, that is.
Marybelle:
-has left Ayame to take care of Kenji
-is trying to follow Abagail to the kitchen, which means she's first gonna be following Abagail to the latter's room
Ayame:
-is trying to bandage Kenji, with a roll of 8 on Athletics. Is that enough, CMM? Assuming his justification to use Athletics instead of Cunning on a medical roll is sufficient, that is.
-will try to locate the kitchen, with a Cunning roll of 16. Will that be enough, CMM?
Sarina:
-is going to get the shopping list from Kenji, with a Luck roll of 4 to find the way to his room. Is that enough, CMM? She followed Abagail part of the way there, so the difficulty could probably be reduced.
-if she does arrive there, she will find Kenji unconscious, Ayame either bandaging him or having just finished. This affects events, since either Ayame will not allow her to wake up Kenji or she will and the two can probably go grocery shopping together.
Hanako:
-is in the kitchen with me, trying to find food among the (trapped?) fridges. Luck roll of 4. Is that enough, CMM, and if it isn't is Hanako gonna get burned again?
Kaoru:
-is trying to clean up the kitchen. Skill roll of 24. Is that enough, CMM, and if not am I gonna trigger some sort of trap?

Also, CMM, I'd suggest not doing the Stunting thing anymore. We all want to RP our best, so we don't need it as incentive to write well, and it's subjective and just takes up your time anyway. You already evidently have very little free time these days, so spend it on RPing Hisao and Kenji and moving the plot along, instead.
Last edited by EternalLurker on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

EternalLurker wrote:Skill roll of 24. Is that enough
Isn't that the highest possible value for any roll?

Also, not to restrict people, but... could we slow it down maybe a little? Me and the GM seem to be getting left behind a little bit, and it's hard to keep it going when someone's done a whole bunch of things without giving others time to give a response.
Last edited by SirMax on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Certainly not. Stats can start as high as 6 (roll a 4, get two of the same Maid Type boosting it) and can always be raised through Favor expenditures. CMM says he rounded up on some people's stats, but I rounded all mine down because that's what it says to do in the rulebook; if I rounded up I'd have a 5 in Cunning and be capable of rolling a 30.

And yeah, SM, that's why I made that summary, to get CMM caught up so we can all start moving at the same pace. Note that we move in pockets, so for the more recent posts Rozen and I were moving at the same pace and it was fine, but if you guys are joining us at the kitchen I'll certainly slow down again. I hate characters moving at different paces in the same location, as I've mentioned before.
Crud Bonemeal

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

EternalLurker wrote:Ayame:
-is trying to bandage Kenji, with a roll of 8 on Athletics. Is that enough, CMM? Assuming his justification to use Athletics instead of Cunning on a medical roll is sufficient, that is.
-will try to locate the kitchen, with a Cunning roll of 16. Will that be enough, CMM?
Well, I figured that for a trained nurse, applying bandages to an unconscious man, quickly, would be more of a physical task than a mental one. Either way, the roll total is the same.
"Slab Bulkhead!" "Blast Hardcheese!" "Buff Drinklots!" "Bolt van der Huge!" "Punch Rockgroin!" "Thick Runfast!" "Roll Fizzlebeef!" "Big McLargehuge!" "Bob Johnson! Oh, wait, no, no, sorry."
Commissar Mecha Milk

Post by Commissar Mecha Milk »

EternalLurker wrote: Also, CMM, I'd suggest not doing the Stunting thing anymore. We all want to RP our best, so we don't need it as incentive to write well, and it's subjective and just takes up your time anyway. You already evidently have very little free time these days, so spend it on RPing Hisao and Kenji and moving the plot along, instead.
Oh all right. That said, if one of you DOES do something sufficiently awesome, i'll be awarding Favour, and you're gonna like it! :twisted:
Rozen

Post by Rozen »

SirMax wrote:
EternalLurker wrote:Skill roll of 24. Is that enough
Isn't that the highest possible value for any roll?

Also, not to restrict people, but... could we slow it down maybe a little? Me and the GM seem to be getting left behind a little bit, and it's hard to keep it going when someone's done a whole bunch of things without giving others time to give a response.
I'd like to point out that almost a third of the post are ooc so you aren't really missing anything.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Hey, it's up to you. I'm just noting the current state of affairs regarding how little time you seem to have available to post each day as compared to the rest of us, so if you're gonna be spending your time figuring out stunt bonuses (about which we'd all disagree in the end anyway), I don't see you having much time to have Hisao and Kenji actually do things. We've been waiting on Kenji for the shopping list for most of today, for example.
Commissar Mecha Milk

Post by Commissar Mecha Milk »

EternalLurker wrote:Hey, it's up to you. I'm just noting the current state of affairs regarding how little time you seem to have available to post each day as compared to the rest of us, so if you're gonna be spending your time figuring out stunt bonuses (about which we'd all disagree in the end anyway), I don't see you having much time to have Hisao and Kenji actually do things. We've been waiting on Kenji for the shopping list for most of today, for example.
I know, and I'm sorry, mea culpa. That said, Now that I've checked a few notes...
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Not accusing you, just stating facts. I made a summary of current events to get ya caught up. Hope it helps.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Out of curiosity, how exactly does being a "magical girl" affect my character? She's pretty much worthless physically, and obviously giving her special powers willy-nilly would be like free maid powers forever so that'd be a bit cheap, but surely it's a bit hard to rp being a quasi-superhero without any real superpowers. So how exactly does that work? Do I have to rp her as the worst superhero ever, or..?
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

It means you have magical girl powers, simple as that. ^_^ Considering your massive Affection score, try doing standard cheesy magical girl things such as channeling the world's love into a super-beam to take out that mean lion who'd dare hurt an innocent maid such as yourself. Special Qualities only affect RPing, not actual stats, so it just adds more justifications for certain stats to apply in certain cases: Affection in the above case, perhaps Will, maybe even Luck depending on the power you use.

If you want it to be a surprise to her, she could accidentally unlock such a power right now due to the scary lion, and then be slowly learning how to use her powers during the course of the RP. That'd explain why you haven't used it so far. Sorry for not pointing this out earlier; I wasn't aware you didn't know.
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

SirMax wrote:Out of curiosity, how exactly does being a "magical girl" affect my character? She's pretty much worthless physically, and obviously giving her special powers willy-nilly would be like free maid powers forever so that'd be a bit cheap, but surely it's a bit hard to rp being a quasi-superhero without any real superpowers. So how exactly does that work? Do I have to rp her as the worst superhero ever, or..?
Use the Clow cards.
X is scientifically proven to Y.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

whiteflags wrote:
SirMax wrote:Out of curiosity, how exactly does being a "magical girl" affect my character? She's pretty much worthless physically, and obviously giving her special powers willy-nilly would be like free maid powers forever so that'd be a bit cheap, but surely it's a bit hard to rp being a quasi-superhero without any real superpowers. So how exactly does that work? Do I have to rp her as the worst superhero ever, or..?
Use the Clow cards.
Then I'd have to have a weird friend following me around with a camera and designing fetish outfits.
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

I'll be your Tomoyo, don't worry bout it.
X is scientifically proven to Y.