KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.
Post Reply
Commissar Mecha Milk
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:18 am

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Post by Commissar Mecha Milk » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:53 am

EternalLurker wrote:Also........You may wanna replay Katawa Shoujo. <_< But yes, "both".
Hisao's an awesome fellow, thus I stand by my conviction that he was rejected :P
Setting up a campaign page now, writing a few events that might happen, and generally putting the preliminaries into place. Expect the campaign to start tomorrow! :mrgreen:

User avatar
EternalLurker
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: Willfully lost
Contact:

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Post by EternalLurker » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:30 am

Bleh, no! You just asked a question rather than actually answering mine! D: Can't write you a bio 'til ya do.

User avatar
Crud Bonemeal
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:59 am
Location: Riding a futuristic floor buffer.

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Post by Crud Bonemeal » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:26 pm

Oh, right, almost forgot. Lemme know if any of you guys want your conditions to be secret, since otherwise it's assumed (by me) that my maid has been informed by her superiors of what the disability is, and how to treat it (if exotic enough for her to not already know), though in the case of acquired disabilties, she doesn't know their origin (she gets info on a need-to-know basis, and she doesn't need to know what burned you to apply ointment). Of course, she can't let on that she knows until symptoms kick in, so that gives you plenty of time to let me know of your wish for secrecy. She also carries basic medical supplies in the pocket of her aprony-thing on her uniform (bandages, gauze, cold medicine, caffeine pills in case she starts to pass out, epinephrine to treat Hisao's HNNNNNNGs, and other things you'd find in a typical first-aid kit). Actually, I think we lucked out with my maid, she sorta frees the story up to be more life-threatening-via-medical-complications, since there doesn't need to be a doctor in the scene to prevent auto-death (though death will likely remain on the table regardless in that sort of emergency), but that's just my take on the situation.

Also, if anyone is adamant in avoiding the Seduction rules, let me know, because I plan to make full use of them, and I'd hate to force maid-themed yuri on anyone :twisted:.

PS: And yeah, CMM, I'll be needing you to provide a reason for why my maid needs to keep her profession of nurse a secret (although, when I think about it, it doesn't say for whose benefit she's posing as a maid, so Hisao might know full-well that Ayame's a nurse, and she only poses as a maid to blend in with the other maids, that actually makes a lot of sense and has narrative synergy with her Windows of the Soul power, as who could connect with Hisao better than Nurse-chan? :wink: ). Lemme know what explanation you're going with so I can adjust accordingly.
"Slab Bulkhead!" "Blast Hardcheese!" "Buff Drinklots!" "Bolt van der Huge!" "Punch Rockgroin!" "Thick Runfast!" "Roll Fizzlebeef!" "Big McLargehuge!" "Bob Johnson! Oh, wait, no, no, sorry."

Commissar Mecha Milk
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:18 am

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Post by Commissar Mecha Milk » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:59 pm

EternalLurker wrote:Bleh, no! You just asked a question rather than actually answering mine! D: Can't write you a bio 'til ya do.
Oh, all right then. YES, assume that KS's main story is being followed up to his leaving the hospital; instead of going to school, he's going to his mansion.

User avatar
ThreeStep
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Post by ThreeStep » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:10 pm

Crud Bonemeal wrote:Oh, right, almost forgot. Lemme know if any of you guys want your conditions to be secret
OhnonobodymustfindoutAbagail'sterriblesecretweakness...sure, no problem it being public knowledge. Abagail's doesn't keep many secrets, aside from the drinking, minor details (like the scythe under her bed and why she has it) and the FoA's AWFUL TRUTH.

Any official decision on how long the Maids have been at the Mansion? Just out of curiosity.

Commissar Mecha Milk
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:18 am

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Post by Commissar Mecha Milk » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Crud Bonemeal wrote: PS: And yeah, CMM, I'll be needing you to provide a reason for why my maid needs to keep her profession of nurse a secret (although, when I think about it, it doesn't say for whose benefit she's posing as a maid, so Hisao might know full-well that Ayame's a nurse, and she only poses as a maid to blend in with the other maids, that actually makes a lot of sense and has narrative synergy with her Windows of the Soul power, as who could connect with Hisao better than Nurse-chan? :wink: ). Lemme know what explanation you're going with so I can adjust accordingly.
Your reasoning sounds good, but might not be enough. If I may suggest something, perhaps there's some sort of revolutionary new treatment that Hisao needs, and only Ayame is capable of providing?

User avatar
Crud Bonemeal
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:59 am
Location: Riding a futuristic floor buffer.

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Post by Crud Bonemeal » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:38 pm

Commissar Mecha Milk wrote:
Crud Bonemeal wrote: PS: And yeah, CMM, I'll be needing you to provide a reason for why my maid needs to keep her profession of nurse a secret (although, when I think about it, it doesn't say for whose benefit she's posing as a maid, so Hisao might know full-well that Ayame's a nurse, and she only poses as a maid to blend in with the other maids, that actually makes a lot of sense and has narrative synergy with her Windows of the Soul power, as who could connect with Hisao better than Nurse-chan? :wink: ). Lemme know what explanation you're going with so I can adjust accordingly.
Your reasoning sounds good, but might not be enough. If I may suggest something, perhaps there's some sort of revolutionary new treatment that Hisao needs, and only Ayame is capable of providing?
Actually, remember, she's a Hereditary Maid, so her family has been serving the mansion for generations (so I had them all be nurses, we'll assume Hisao's congenital arrythmia is truly congenital, and thus an ancestor of his had it, as well). However, you're on to something with that. Try this on for size:

Ayame's family knows a special technique (passed down from parents to children, of course), striking a person's sternum with precise force, accuracy, and timing to immediately regulate a person's heart rate, for use in dire circumstances (but it's useless if the heart has already stopped, replace "epinephrine" in the above post with "adrenaline", epinephrine is redundant in this case, but adrenaline can be used to restart a person's heart shortly after it stops, so even if Ayame is too late for her "Broken Heart Reparation Strike*", all is not lost).


*That is the technique's name, yes. Fitting, isn't it?
"Slab Bulkhead!" "Blast Hardcheese!" "Buff Drinklots!" "Bolt van der Huge!" "Punch Rockgroin!" "Thick Runfast!" "Roll Fizzlebeef!" "Big McLargehuge!" "Bob Johnson! Oh, wait, no, no, sorry."

Commissar Mecha Milk
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:18 am

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Post by Commissar Mecha Milk » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:41 am

Crud Bonemeal wrote: Ayame's family knows a special technique (passed down from parents to children, of course), striking a person's sternum with precise force, accuracy, and timing to immediately regulate a person's heart rate, for use in dire circumstances (but it's useless if the heart has already stopped, replace "epinephrine" in the above post with "adrenaline", epinephrine is redundant in this case, but adrenaline can be used to restart a person's heart shortly after it stops, so even if Ayame is too late for her "Broken Heart Reparation Strike*", all is not lost).


*That is the technique's name, yes. Fitting, isn't it?
EEEXCELLENT. This'll do nciely, thanks.

Also, the IC thread is up: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2097

Don't worry for those of you who haven't rolled 3d6 yet, I just wnated to have something for people to post in. I've kept you lot waiting long enough, I'll say! :D

User avatar
Crud Bonemeal
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:59 am
Location: Riding a futuristic floor buffer.

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG! (OOC THREAD)

Post by Crud Bonemeal » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:09 am

If anyone knows the technical terms for the parts of a maid's uniform, please post them, Wikipedia is being decidedly unhelpful.

EDIT: Also, my maid's thoughts will be in parentheses with quotation marks ("Like this."), OOC notes will be in parentheses and prefaced by "OOC:" (OOC: Here's an example.), and sound effects will be bookended by asterisks. *thud*
"Slab Bulkhead!" "Blast Hardcheese!" "Buff Drinklots!" "Bolt van der Huge!" "Punch Rockgroin!" "Thick Runfast!" "Roll Fizzlebeef!" "Big McLargehuge!" "Bob Johnson! Oh, wait, no, no, sorry."

whiteflags
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:16 pm

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG! (OOC THREAD)

Post by whiteflags » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:07 am

Crud Bonemeal wrote:If anyone knows the technical terms for the parts of a maid's uniform, please post them, Wikipedia is being decidedly unhelpful.
Besides normal things, like a blouse and underwear? Well you can optionally wear a garter belt around your waist, to attach garters, which hold up your stockings if they aren't elastic. Underneath the dress is a petticoat, AKA an underskirt, that creates the white, frilly effect on a (real) french maid's uniform. It's functional purpose is either to shape the dress, or it is worn for warmth: If the petticoat is fashionable and weather is permissive, you'll purposely wear a shorter dress. On the outside of your dress is the eponymous apron. The bonnet or other headgear is optional. Don't do anything stupid like work in heels, either.
X is scientifically proven to Y.

Commissar Mecha Milk
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:18 am

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG! (OOC THREAD)

Post by Commissar Mecha Milk » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:30 am

Though for Maid RPG's purposes, the only things that matter are the following, as losing them penalizes the maid's d6 rolls before multiplying by Attribute:

Frilly Headdress: -2
Apron, Blouse, Skirt, Stockings, Underwear*: -1

*Doesn't apply if the Maid doesn't habitually wear them.

User avatar
Rozen
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Post by Rozen » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:25 am

Commissar Mecha Milk wrote:
Rozen wrote:ah, another thing I just relized.

Having rolled both "Princess" and "Orphan" are you deciding the history of our maids or do we decide what their past is in relation to the traits that were rolled? I could write something up real quick and post if here or pm you to see if you like it.
Why not write something up here? I suppose I could come up with something, but I personally think it'd be best if we left the DM out of the PC, eh?
Sorry this is a bit late, seeing as the IC thread has already started. My schedule suddenly became busier so I have less time for this, but I'm going to try to participate as much as I can. Wanted to get my background approved first before I start in the IC.

Name: Hanako Ikezawa
Age: 19

Athletics: 1
Affection: 3
Skill: 1
Cunning: 2
Luck: 4
Will: 1
Maid Types: Pure, Lolita
Uniform Colour: Cream
Qualities: Princess, Injury: Burns (Huh, how about that?)
Maid Roots: Orphan
Stress Explosion: Crying
Weapon: Machinegun
Power: Teleportation
Favour: 6
Stress: 10

Hanako is the princess of the royal Ikezawa family. This family had much power and was very good friends with Hisao's family, the Nakais. The Nakai family was very good friends with the Ikezawa and would often visit them bringing her along as well. A young Hisao would try to get her to play tag or other games that kids often play but Hanako was usualy more interested in the Nakia's library, even if it was much smaller than her parent's, and would spend as much time their as she could until it was time to go home.

But those happy days were not to last. Hanako's family was killed by a freak accident that burned down their entire estate, the true cause to this day unknown. Her last memories of her family are hazy, and filled with flames and fear and the tears of a desperate mother. Somehow she is the only one who escaped alive and ended up mysteriously in the Nakia's library, tho she was left with terrible burns along the the side of her face. Hisao's parents, having been entrusted to taking care of Hanako by the now late Ikezawa's, took her in as their own from that day forward.

Hisao's parents however had no intention of maintaining Hanako's princess lifestyle. She was made to learn the ways of a maid in order to earn her keep. Hanako, tho not the most skillfull of the Nakai maids, was able to adapt to her new lifestyle and found some peace and purpose in her life.

Most of her memories of her childhood were buried in the fire, but every once in awhile they come flooding back and she finds herself sobbing uncontrollably, reliving the fire and the loss that haunts the back of her mind. Her mother's machine gun is the only link she has to her royal bloodline and the only item she has to remember her by. Engraved on its side is Her family name as well as all the 1st princesses of the family that carried it before her, including her mother.

Hisao is now the master of his Yanmaku estate (one of the Nakai Mansions) and, upon request of his parents, Hanako was transferred to be among his maids. Now she works for him and hopes she can pay back his parents kindness by taking care of their son despite his condition... and her own.

When she's not working, she's in the library reading, always running from the haunting flames of her childhood.

~end

Let me know if this works for you. When I see that it does I'll head over to the IC thread.

Commissar Mecha Milk
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:18 am

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Post by Commissar Mecha Milk » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:36 pm

Rozen wrote: Hanako is the princess of the royal Ikezawa family. This family had much power and was very good friends with Hisao's family, the Nakais. The Nakai family was very good friends with the Ikezawa and would often visit them bringing her along as well. A young Hisao would try to get her to play tag or other games that kids often play but Hanako was usualy more interested in the Nakia's library, even if it was much smaller than her parent's, and would spend as much time their as she could until it was time to go home.

But those happy days were not to last. Hanako's family was killed by a freak accident that burned down their entire estate, the true cause to this day unknown. Her last memories of her family are hazy, and filled with flames and fear and the tears of a desperate mother. Somehow she is the only one who escaped alive and ended up mysteriously in the Nakia's library, tho she was left with terrible burns along the the side of her face. Hisao's parents, having been entrusted to taking care of Hanako by the now late Ikezawa's, took her in as their own from that day forward.

Hisao's parents however had no intention of maintaining Hanako's princess lifestyle. She was made to learn the ways of a maid in order to earn her keep. Hanako, tho not the most skillfull of the Nakai maids, was able to adapt to her new lifestyle and found some peace and purpose in her life.

Most of her memories of her childhood were buried in the fire, but every once in awhile they come flooding back and she finds herself sobbing uncontrollably, reliving the fire and the loss that haunts the back of her mind. Her mother's machine gun is the only link she has to her royal bloodline and the only item she has to remember her by. Engraved on its side is Her family name as well as all the 1st princesses of the family that carried it before her, including her mother.

Hisao is now the master of his Yanmaku estate (one of the Nakai Mansions) and, upon request of his parents, Hanako was transferred to be among his maids. Now she works for him and hopes she can pay back his parents kindness by taking care of their son despite his condition... and her own.

When she's not working, she's in the library reading, always running from the haunting flames of her childhood.

~end

Let me know if this works for you. When I see that it does I'll head over to the IC thread.
I see no problems here, don't worry. Just remember to RP that Hanako knows Hisao, and we should be good.

Commissar Mecha Milk
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:18 am

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Post by Commissar Mecha Milk » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:03 pm

Hokay den, I'll just wait for EL to post before I write up Kenji's reaction.

User avatar
Crud Bonemeal
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:59 am
Location: Riding a futuristic floor buffer.

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Post by Crud Bonemeal » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:09 pm

But EL's still waiting on an answer from you, and it seems like he's not going to post until you answer. And Rozen has yet to post, as well.
"Slab Bulkhead!" "Blast Hardcheese!" "Buff Drinklots!" "Bolt van der Huge!" "Punch Rockgroin!" "Thick Runfast!" "Roll Fizzlebeef!" "Big McLargehuge!" "Bob Johnson! Oh, wait, no, no, sorry."

Post Reply