KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Crud Bonemeal

Re: KATAWA MEIDO GAMUUU! PbP RPG!

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

waiting4email wrote:Name: Ayame
2d6 rolls: 9, 7, 10, 7, 8, 5, 6, 2, 3, 6, 2, 5, 8, 10
1d6 roll: 5
2d6 link: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2308695/
1d6 link: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2308707/
Just so that they're in a post with my official name on it, these were my rolls and stuff.
"Slab Bulkhead!" "Blast Hardcheese!" "Buff Drinklots!" "Bolt van der Huge!" "Punch Rockgroin!" "Thick Runfast!" "Roll Fizzlebeef!" "Big McLargehuge!" "Bob Johnson! Oh, wait, no, no, sorry."
Commissar Mecha Milk

Post by Commissar Mecha Milk »

Rozen wrote:ah, another thing I just relized.

Having rolled both "Princess" and "Orphan" are you deciding the history of our maids or do we decide what their past is in relation to the traits that were rolled? I could write something up real quick and post if here or pm you to see if you like it.
Why not write something up here? I suppose I could come up with something, but I personally think it'd be best if we left the DM out of the PC, eh?
Crud Bonemeal wrote:
waiting4email wrote:Name: Ayame
2d6 rolls: 9, 7, 10, 7, 8, 5, 6, 2, 3, 6, 2, 5, 8, 10
1d6 roll: 5
2d6 link: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2308695/
1d6 link: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2308707/
Just so that they're in a post with my official name on it, these were my rolls and stuff.
Ayame
Athletics: 3
Affection: 1
Skill: 4
Cunning: 3
Luck: 3
Will: 0
Maid Types: Cool, Sexy
Uniform Colour: Red
Special Qualities: Brown Skin, Relationship: Ex-lover/rival*
Maid Roots: Debts (you're working to pay off family/personal debts)
Stress Explosion: Seclusion
Maid Weapon: Ray Gun
Maid Power: Instant Cleaning (+1 Skill when cleaning, cumulative with stunts)

*Either you used to date another character (and there might be residual feelings), or you're both seeking the love of the same person.

So basically (insofar as I could see), Ayame's a highly skilled and talented girl, but a bit of a glass cannon- she can't take any Stress before going off to seclude herself. Be careful with this delicate flower! In any case, i think you might be our sixth player, hooray! Seems like we might have quite some work to go through before we can start, though (good though, since I have no home Internet at the moment).

Let's see some bios in here; this way I might be able to put in something personal when the game starts. No novels needed, mind you; just something concise, and hopefully encompassing of your Meido's traits. Ayame above, for example, can be a driven girl who just can't take failure, drove herself to attend prestigious schools, and bankrupted her family. Or she could also be boisterous, yet self-absorbed, unable to take any hit to her large yet fragile (and somewhat well-deserved) ego. Who knows? Not me, it's your character, and I'm not gonna mess with her.

EDIT: And post them in this here thread, if it's not too much trouble. Of course, if there's any SUPAH SEKRIT STOF that you don't want others to see for some reason, PM me, but otherwise, let's not hide anything from anyone, shall we?
Crud Bonemeal

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

Commissar Mecha Milk wrote:Ayame
Athletics: 3
Affection: 1
Skill: 4
Cunning: 3
Luck: 3
Will: 0
Maid Types: Cool, Sexy
Uniform Colour: Red
Special Qualities: Brown Skin, Relationship: Ex-lover/rival
Maid Roots: Debts (you're working to pay off family/personal debts)
Stress Explosion: Seclusion
Maid Weapon: Ray Gun
Maid Power: Instant Cleaning (+1 Skill when cleaning, cumulative with stunts)
Okay, geez. I hate to complain, but this is, like, exactly the sort of character I can't play. I mean, I could probably work it if it weren't for the "Cool" maid type I got. I play over-the-top characters, I'd be completely clueless trying to play a character that's all emotionless. Especially since I'm also bad at developing personal subplots (like my special qualities dictate). Again, I don't want to be that guy, but I think I may have to re-roll, just this once (sorry). I wouldn't be doing this if I hadn't wasted thirty minutes trying to think of a fitting bio for my maid and failing horribly. Since it's my own failings that are causing trouble, I'll use the character generator, rather than burden you with having to figure out yet another maid.

Okay, this one should be a little challenging, but much more within my capabilities. Link removed for being fail.

And the sheet (or rather, the relevant parts):
Ayame
Athletics: 4
Affection: 4
Skill: 1
Cunning: 4
Luck: 0
Will: 4
Maid Types: Boyish, Heroine
Uniform Colour: White
Special Qualities: Government Official, Easygoing
Maid Roots: Hereditary Maid
Stress Explosion: Prayer
Maid Weapon: Vase/Bottle/Pot
Maid Power: Windows of the Soul (+2 Favor gained)

Okay, her story is that her family has served the master for as long as she can remember, but it's because they were all government-employed nurses meant to keep an eye on the "special" maids that work at the mansion (wow, that SQ worked out better than I thought it would). Her family trained her well in maintaining her disguise and performing her actual job (first aid and diagnosis), but they sort of forgot the whole "being an effective maid" part of her training. She's a tough girl that enjoys physical activity, but her narcolepsy kicks in at the worst moments ("Heal thyself, physican", indeed), and it's hardly the only bad thing that happens to her, maybe it's because of all the mirrors she broke the first time she tried dusting the mansion. She's better at improvising weapons from the environment than she is at using any specific weapon. She's fairly laid-back, except that when she gets too stressed, she bolts to the nearest Shinto shrine and prays frantically for hours, often donating much of her money and littering the grounds with Ema in the process (she also once had to pay for accidentally shattering the bell, and twice treated herself for hand fractures from clapping too hard, and she was asked to stop buying Omikuji when she covered every single pine tree in a two-mile radius in Great Curse fortunes, in one day). Despite her secret job, she feels she understands the master, and she hopes her kind words will make him happy.

Likes: Hot Chocolate, The Master, Playing Tag, Video Games, Romance Novels, Kittens, Steak, Pecan Pie, Cookie Dough, JAM Project, Most People
Dislikes: Brussels Sprouts, Bullies, Gardening, Falling Asleep Accidentally, Hypochondriacs, Not Much Else
Turn-Ons: People That Can Beat Her At Video Games, Candlelit Dinners, Delicious Food, JAM Project

Measurements: 83/51/80

PS: We are still doing the whole disability thing, right?

Edit: Oh, I should probably apologize a little harder, actually, seeing as how I was the one who was all “yo, get to my stats, brah” and now I’m all like “whoa, I can’t RP those stats, brah”, so, sorry for being kind of a putz.
Last edited by Crud Bonemeal on Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Slab Bulkhead!" "Blast Hardcheese!" "Buff Drinklots!" "Bolt van der Huge!" "Punch Rockgroin!" "Thick Runfast!" "Roll Fizzlebeef!" "Big McLargehuge!" "Bob Johnson! Oh, wait, no, no, sorry."
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

Here's what I have so far, will probably keep tinkering with minor details (or major, if something's not agreeing with you) up until the game starts.

Name: Abagail
Disability: Seizures.

Athletics: 4
Affection: 3
Skill: 0
Cunning: 2
Luck: 2
Will: 1
Maid Types: Boyish, Pure
Uniform Colour: Gray
Special Qualities: Membership: Cult (Leader/Cultist), Neat Freak
Maid Roots: Business; you're here all for the $$$
Stress Explosion: Alcohol/Drugs
Maid Weapon: Scythe
Power: Super Evasion; for 1d6 Stress, you can avoid a single attack.
Starting Favour: 6
Spirit: 10

Background:

"An able-bodied worker with an eye for keeping a clean and orderly household. Raised in a faith-based community and a calming presence fit for any Master. To hire, call today!"

What the Maid Employment Agency didn't mention was, well, many things. Such as Abagail hadn't worked a day as a maid before moving to Yanmaku Mansion, her cleanliness bordered on obsession (and tended to get in the way of her duties) or her tendency to fall down and start convulsing if the light bulbs needed replacing. Or that for all her innocence, when things fell apart, the 20-something found the liquor cabinet and tried to drink the shame away.

And that "faith-based community?" Used to be a compound for the Friends of Atlantis, where Abagail spent her formative years. That was where Abagail did a lot of running and climbing or training with the scythe as the cult's Our Lady of the Gray. When things got tough and membership dropped, Abagail volunteered to go out and find a way to support the Friends.

That said, Abagail must be doing something right to have kept her job as a Yanmaku Maid. Her pure and innocent attitude puts others at ease and her active lifestyle keeps her going all day (and night) long.
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

Once again, my profile is here: http://4chan.thisisnotatrueending.com/m ... hp?id=1234 If I am missing something important like starting favor please tell me what to do.

Here's some background (I hope this is good enough, I'm not sure who's pure):

Marybelle is the master's second cousin, and worked for him from the day they met. The master probably does not know her as anyone other than a person who arrived at his doorstep after her immediate family stopped being capable of paying her perpetual medical bill a few years ago. Heart murmurs can lead to dangerous infections and other problems after all. Anyway, both she and the master, as well as her parents, are estranged at this point. Families as affluent as the master's tend to be big and splintered by tax bracket and deep seated hatred. Having said that, she may be bitter about the circumstances but harbors no (obvious) ill intentions toward her parents and doesn't have a formative opinion on anyone else: A real angel.

Having her education and social life interrupted in such a way did nothing to cure her shyness in her formative years, but she remains a loyal and dedicated worker as a teenager. More pragmatically she is unprepared for any other type of work. Too bad she's so easily fatigued and clumsy with most of the chores. She takes mainly to the kitchen and is good at laundry. She is quite attached to her kitchen utensils and calls them by affectionate names.

Her goal in general is just TO BE ZA BEST at this, as it is the only way in her mind that she can repay the master for her current quality of life. She hasn't thought through other aspects of her life.
X is scientifically proven to Y.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Lol @ link fail

Reposting stuff:
Attributes: Athletics 3, Affection 2, Skill 4, Cunning 4, Luck 0, Will 3, (Favor: 4), (Spirit: 30)
Maid Type: Cool Heroine
Colors: Metallic uniform, Sky blue eyes, Brown hair
Special Qualities: Quiet, Uniform - Armor
Maid Roots: Revenge
Stress Explosion: Stealing
Maid Weapon: Kusarigama
Maid Power: Lockpicking
Disability: Mixed spasmodic dysphonia, primarily adductor-type, extreme case

I have an idea about the Revenge thing, but it's contingent on the Master, of course, so are we assuming that Hisao's backstory follows standard KS canon? Including his reason for being sickly?

"Also, will it be absolutely infuriating to everyone if I type like this?"

whiteflags, your starting Favor is twice your Affection, your Spirit ten times your Will. They're derived stats.
Crud Bonemeal

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

EternalLurker wrote:
Lol @ link fail
Huh. Apparently my save attempt didn't take. That's not a good thing. Just checked the database, and it seems my sheet completely vanished. It appears that even the internet itself wanted to punish my wishy-washiness. Once more, I apologize.

Contrition level=9001
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

EternalLurker wrote: "Also, will it be absolutely infuriating to everyone if I type like this?"
Eh, its a little small. Just using for dialogue, right? Shouldn't bother me too much.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Crud, you linked to the main character-creation page, so yeah, of course that link wouldn't work. Then you didn't click Save Character at the bottom-left, so of course it didn't save in the database. *tsk tsk* ^_^

ThreeStep, it's basically for any dialogue in which she's struggling to speak above a hoarse, painful whisper due to her disability, which basically means any time after the first few hours of the day. Of course any part of my posts outside of dialogue will be at normal size. :P
Crud Bonemeal

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

EternalLurker wrote:Crud, you linked to the main character-creation page, so yeah, of course that link wouldn't work. Then you didn't click Save Character at the bottom-left, so of course it didn't save in the database. *tsk tsk* ^_^
Well, I could've sworn I clicked the Save button. Wait, now I know I clicked "Save Character to Database" from the generator, but did I need to hit the save button on the next page to finish it? Y'know, that's probably what happened. Despite all my Google-fu and net savvy, I still find ways to fail at the internet on a regular basis. Well, I transcribed the contents, so no harm, no foul. Oh, well, I guess I lost the randomly-chosen hair and eye colors, but I remember the hair color was yellow, and I'll just go with blue eyes, it's what I usually default to. Glad I marked down the white uniform, though, it goes well with her SQ (nurse). Oh, right, here's the description of the "Government Official" SQ, as described by the character generator (had to roll maids until one of them had it for my copypasta), just so you don't laud my creativity in calling it "nurse" too hard:

"You are actually a government official working under the guise of a maid, such as a nurse, undercover detective or politician's secretary."

Emphasis mine, natch. Seriously, I read that one example and I knew exactly how to swing it. The hard part was making her stress explosion work without disrupting the rest of her characterization. That reminds me, I need to go research Shinto prayer strips and, like, how they work, exactly. I just remember the clapping.

PS: Also, in case anyone's curious, the reason "nurse" is considered a government employee in Maid is because Japan's medical system is primarily government-run, and Maid was Made In Japan™.

Edit: Five minutes on Wikipedia have shown that I have failed theology forever, and must now alter my maid's backstory to be less horribly innaccurate in its portrayal of Shintoism.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Crud Bonemeal wrote:had to roll maids until one of them had [nurse] for my copypasta
Damn, man, how many times did you roll? There are 132 special qualities in Maid RPG!.

As for the religion thing, Christianity is fairly common in Japan, so if your Shinto knowledge is lacking pick Christianity if it'll make you more comfortable with roleplaying a Prayer-type Stress Explosion.
Crud Bonemeal

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

EternalLurker wrote:
Crud Bonemeal wrote:had to roll maids until one of them had [nurse] for my copypasta
Damn, man, how many times did you roll? There are 132 special qualities in Maid RPG!.

As for the religion thing, Christianity is fairly common in Japan, so if your Shinto knowledge is lacking pick Christianity if it'll make you more comfortable with roleplaying a Prayer-type Stress Explosion.
Nah, you got it backwards, I'm less comfortable using Christianity because it's harder for my maid to be a lay worshipper yet still experience the Prayer explosion believably. Most Japanese people practice at least a few Shinto rites every now and then outside of festivals (for example, completing Dharmas and Emas, and visiting shrines), no matter how "lay" they are, which isn't really true of many lay Christian people. This lets me toss in a few Shinto details here and there without her freaking out over squishing a bug. Besides, I got to learn about Shinto, so it worked out well for me (I enjoy learning new things).

PS: Rapid-fire clicking is a skill I have, it only took about thirty maids or so (five minutes, give or take), since I set the generator to always pop five SQs at a time.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Crud Bonemeal wrote:I'm less comfortable using Christianity because it's harder for my maid to be a lay worshipper yet still experience the Prayer explosion believably.
Um, isn't your problem then that you're trying to limit your character's religiousness while making her fanatic about it every time she's stressed out? That's an issue regardless of the specific religion you choose. When you do that, the only way it'd seem at all believable is, as you've already shown, by having her run off to shrines and spend hours praying there during her Stress Explosions, which means you're out of the RP for several hours, perhaps a full day, of in-game time at every Stress Explosion. The mansion's "on a lonely mountaintop", after all. That isn't gonna work out very well.
Crud Bonemeal wrote:it only took about thirty maids or so (five minutes, give or take), since I set the generator to always pop five SQs at a time.
Oh, 5 at a time. Then that takes about 30 seconds. <_< So much for your "rapid-fire clicking skill". ^_^
Crud Bonemeal

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

EternalLurker wrote:
Crud Bonemeal wrote:I'm less comfortable using Christianity because it's harder for my maid to be a lay worshipper yet still experience the Prayer explosion believably.
Um, isn't your problem then that you're trying to limit your character's religiousness while making her fanatic about it every time she's stressed out? That's an issue regardless of the specific religion you choose. When you do that, the only way it'd seem at all believable is, as you've already shown, by having her run off to shrines and spend hours praying there during her Stress Explosions, which means you're out of the RP for several hours, perhaps a full day, of in-game time at every Stress Explosion. The mansion's "on a lonely mountaintop", after all. That isn't gonna work out very well.
Crud Bonemeal wrote:it only took about thirty maids or so (five minutes, give or take), since I set the generator to always pop five SQs at a time.
Oh, 5 at a time. Then that takes about 30 seconds. <_< So much for your "rapid-fire clicking skill". ^_^
Well, it depends on exactly how big and Japanese the mansion is, it may be large enough to warrant a Shinto shrine on the grounds of the mansion (not unheard of). I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't one at the base of the mountain. Also, yeah, I figure I'd be out for a few hours with each explosion, or more accurately, the remainder of the current scene (which seems reasonable, considering that a Stress Explosion is the equivalent of running out of HP in other RPGs). I decided to describe it as over-the-top as possible in her backstory, to make it sound amusing and anime-like. As for believability, since even lay worshippers of Shinto pray at shrines now and then and what have you, it makes more sense when my maid doesn't bring up her religion a whole lot (but I'll be sure to toss in little details involving it now and then), yet dashes to the shrine when things get too hot. Matter of fact, I intend to play it more towards being superstitious (which gels perfectly with her nonexistant luck) than religious.

Also, actually, it took quite a while for the one SQ I needed to come up, I kept getting a lot of the same SQs.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Crud Bonemeal wrote:Well, it depends on exactly how big and Japanese the mansion is, it may be large enough to warrant a Shinto shrine on the grounds of the mansion (not unheard of).
'Cept that Hisao is decidedly not religious, I should think.
Crud Bonemeal wrote:Also, yeah, I figure I'd be out for a few hours with each explosion, or more accurately, the remainder of the current scene (which seems reasonable, considering that a Stress Explosion is the equivalent of running out of HP in other RPGs)
That's what I'm saying: the remainder of the current scene will likely be a couple minutes, while you'd be out for several scenes' worth. I'm just trying to make sure you actually get a chance to play; I'm on your side here. :P It's up to CMM how long the average scene will be, depending on how he DMs, but I'm willing to bet most scenes will be 3-5 minutes of in-game time. A battle against ninja assassins hunting Hisao to steal his heart because the reason it's malfunctioning is that it's where they stored the scroll which summons their dark deity is a massively important plot element but would not take more than four minutes of in-game time.
Crud Bonemeal wrote:Also, actually, it took quite a while for the one SQ I needed to come up, I kept getting a lot of the same SQs.
Sucks to be you; I tried it and got it in a little over 70 clicks, which was about 35 seconds. ^_^