Game Omake

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

PCJedi

Re: Game Omake

Post by PCJedi »

Vertical wrote:Here's an idea:

Director's notes ala Pop-Up Video! Like the VH1 show of mention or those Valve games with those floating dialog balloons you can click on. This one might actually take a lot of time to implement though, but when you think about it, a DVD packed with extras seems to never miss the director's notes feature. And what's great about that is that you wouldn't have to post a blurb every time something memorable about a scene's production came up. You could chose the "best of the best" and put a cap to keep with your timetable. Maybe limit it to 10 blurbs per route or less?

When I read my last paragraph and do the math in my head, I'm probably suggesting up to 60 entries. Yikes. But the reason I would love to see that is I can appreciate a piece of work more when I get exclusive insight into the finer things that brought the final production together.

Thoughts?
I second this idea. It would be kind of nice to know what through your heads as you were making the game, because all I really know is that it started on 4chan back in January of 07, and don't really know much about what went on inside 4LS during the years between then and the demo release.
Love is Blind. God is Love. Lilly is Blind.

Then, is Lilly God?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Two quick points before I vanish for the best part of the day:
1) We have code for "director's notes" as you have described, but no actual notes to fill them with as yet.
2) http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... houjo.html
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

Oh shi-

Well I'll be sure to read that in a few minutes. Thanks. I don't visit the devblog much except when I want to find new pics at Shimmie.

In regards to 1) That's really cool. I was actually wondering if the Ren'py engine already offered this feature for developers. Well if you guys do ever plan to implement dev notes, I'll read every one.

Thanks.
Imagine me and you...
PCJedi

Post by PCJedi »

I read today's blog post, was pretty interesting stuff. I'd been curious about those details for a while now.
Love is Blind. God is Love. Lilly is Blind.

Then, is Lilly God?
Vaelastrasz

Post by Vaelastrasz »

Salitine wrote:B. Bad end. Woops. I hope it wasn't with the girl who killed her father.
Bad end for Hisao, maybe.

Look. Rigor mortis is a lovely thing.

Just sayin'.
Teclo

Post by Teclo »

Personally, I'm a sucker for maps. I love how Tolkien mapped out all the locations that featured in his Middle Earth books, and a lot of the locations that were only mentioned. A map of the school would be a really nice addition, especially if it has features where you can hover the cursor over a room and it lists some significant events that happened there, like "first met X character" or whatever. Another thing that occurred to me is if there's a "Character Item" section that has some of the personal items of each character and some info on it. So, Kenji's scarf - where did he get it from, is it linked to a certain team or university or something? I'm not that far in, but I can imagine that each character will have a few items that will be associated with them, even if it's something a bit more obscure such as Rin's bentou box. I think it'd be a nice reward for completing a character's route and it wouldn't have to take more than a few minutes to come up with a few lines about the item.

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

静音是买外夫
Teclo

Post by Teclo »

Haha, yes -that's the sort of thing. :lol:

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako
Srikali

Post by Srikali »

I'm not sure if this is obvious or not, but I think that completing specific storylines should unlock the endings for the other characters. i.e. If you go with a storyline other than Hanako's or Lilly's, then you unlock a little scene about the two of them (getting together, staying friends, whatever the devs/writers have planned)
Rue rue, combat the government.
Kuro

Post by Kuro »

As much as I think Nurse raeping someone would make for a sweet omake, I am probably in the minority.
Shizune is mai waifu, and Hanako is mai... other waifu. Bigamy ftw.
corona borealis

Post by corona borealis »

I'd love to see a prequel of sorts where from iwanako's point of view we see why she fell for hisao, how she reacted to the heart attack, the visits to the hospital, etc. I think that would be an excellent completion bonus.
GregMonkey

Post by GregMonkey »

How about a ending where Kenji falls off the roof instead?
Guest 13th

Post by Guest 13th »

GregMonkey wrote:How about a ending where Kenji falls off the roof instead?
You are a master troll for bringing this up to the front page.
Demonhornz

Post by Demonhornz »

Guest 13th wrote:
GregMonkey wrote:How about a ending where Kenji falls off the roof instead?
You are a master troll for bringing this up to the front page.
I second Guest 13th.