[K*S RPG stats] SO I HERD YOU LIKE BLISS STAGE

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Tsundere Lightning

[K*S RPG stats] SO I HERD YOU LIKE BLISS STAGE

Post by Tsundere Lightning »

SO I PUT SOME KATAWA IN YOUR BLISS STAGE.
NOW YOU CAN ANGST ABOUT DISABILITIES WHILE YOU ANGST ABOUT WAR.

I'm a rather big fan of the tabletop RPG Bliss Stage, a game about the teenaged veterans of a psychic war coming to terms with their loves, their lives, and a war against an alien enemy with outposts in thier dreams. A beautiful war-time story about love just happens when you play it.

Wait - a game about overcoming serious intra- and inter-personal problems? Where have I heard that before...?

Yes, I am a dork. I statted the relationships between the movers and shakers of Yamaku Highschool in Bliss Stage. ...assuming that the alien invasion posited in Bliss Stage happened somewhere along the Shizune storyline. Note, may contain fanon and memes.

This post will be Shizune's relationships, statted as if she was a Seasoned Veteran archtype (and that Hisao decided he wanted to sleep with the hot tsundere.) If there's interest, I can post my take on Rin and Hanako as well.

Shizune Hakamichi
Seasoned Veteran
Trauma: 1
Relationships:
5/1 Hisao Nakai. "(He made the first steps towards talking to me. The... other steps in our relationship soon followed. I may be in love with him. I hope I'm not.)" "I was lucky to have some happiness in the midst of this. At least I won't be dying of heartbreak, ha ha. (Be safe.)"
4/2 Lilly Satoh. "(Unbeleivable. It could be the end of humanity, and she's CODDLING a Pilot who needs tough love. I used to respect her duties as an Anchor. Now, I cannot.)" "Push her too far too fast and she will break. I have lost Pilots, Shizune. I know what's at stake. Your presumptions otherwise are an insult."
3/3 Misha Mikado (Kind Anchor). "(My voice. My help. My friend. Now, possibly my salvation.)" "As a team, we are unbeatable! We will give the nightmares nightmares! (Laughs)"
3/1 Hanako Izekawa. "(For all her reclusiveness, for all her unwarranted shame, still she fights. You are more beautiful than you know, if you still Pilot. I pray Lilly comes to her senses and comes down hard on your mistakes. I know I must.)" "D...does she hate me? Sometimes it seems like it, but others... she's scary, and confusing, and makes me wish I wasn't a Pilot, sometimes."
3/1 Kenji Setou. "(His paranoid fantasies will be his doom - which I'm fine with, at this point - but it may be the doom of others, which I will not stand for. Someone should shove Zyprexa down his throat before that happens - "The Last Sane Man" would never take it on his own...)" "Why does the nurse trust her and the other Pilots?! Why is the nurse putting our only weapon in the hands of our betrayers?!"
2/4 Emi Izibaraki. "(She keeps us sane. I wish I knew her better, but there hasn't been time...)" "Be strong, Shiichan oneesan."
1/1 Rin Tezuka. "(Use. Your. Words.)" "Fire in the head is not the only way to fight. The clouds in my head can shoot lightning if I need them too. Don't worry about me. Don't scream at me the way you do with your hands when I'm trying to ride the lightning. It's distracting."
1/2 Everyone else. "(Too many people to keep track of. I'm counting on them, the nurse especially, as much as they count on me.)"
Bliss: 28 / 108

Some statistic notes - most of the stats measure a relationship.

The number to the left is Intimacy, a measure of how intense a relationship is; it increases psychic combat effectiveness. 5 requires a sexual relationship, 4 casual nudity, sexuality, or physical violence, and 3-1 is friend to aquiantance.

The number on the right is Trust, which acts as psychic armor, and is depleted by being a douche or taking heavy psychic combat damage. There are no set pre-requisites for Trust.

Bliss is a measure of psychic burn-out. A character with more than 108 Bliss will go catatonic, but when that happens, the rules dictate they will do something important right before that happens. Make them count!

Trauma is a measure of physical and mental damage. You cannot live after getting the 7th point - you either die messily or suicide at Trauma 7.

The stats given do not represent canon in the slightest, and a lot of it is my personal fandom-wank. Still it's interesting to me. I hope you agree.

EDIT: Goddamnit, Shizune not Shizuka, I should know this, why do I keep being lysdexic with her name. Leave me alone Misha, it's an honest mistake.
Last edited by Tsundere Lightning on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shizune apologist, Rin fan, semipro visual novelist, noted attention whore

I write KS fanfic. I preread KS fanfic. PM me with requests for either.
delta wrote: I've been caustic and mean since before 4chan even existed.
The Commissar

Re: [K*S RPG stats] SO I HERD YOU LIKE BLISS STAGE

Post by The Commissar »

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... =0&sk=t&sd

Another topic full of fun stats and stuff. More stats for different systems can be found on I think starting at page 3.
Resident "morale officer".
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Tsundere Lightning wrote:4/2 Lilly Satoh...

The number to the left is Intimacy, a measure of how intense a relationship is; ... 4 casual nudity, sexuality, or physical violence...
Erm... this?

[shimmie]913[/shimmie]

Edit: Actually, no. This.

[shimmie]476[/shimmie]
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Kuro

Post by Kuro »

I have not played that one, but, after looking it up, now want to. Either way, I like the idea of giving KS characters statistics in various RPGs.
Shizune is mai waifu, and Hanako is mai... other waifu. Bigamy ftw.
Tsundere Lightning

G3n0c1de wrote:
Tsundere Lightning wrote:4/2 Lilly Satoh...

The number to the left is Intimacy, a measure of how intense a relationship is; ... 4 casual nudity, sexuality, or physical violence...
Erm... this?

[shimmie]913[/shimmie]
Nope, that's Int 3 (chaste physical affection.)
G3n0c1de wrote:Edit: Actually, no. This.

[shimmie]476[/shimmie]
Intimacy 5 (Trying to get her off).

Honestly, with Int 4 I was going for them doing the live-action rules for Rose and Camellia. "Physcially Fighting for Real."

Edited to add: Although this is a fine example of affectionate Int 4: [shimmie]321[/shimmie]

Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

Shizune and Misha are only level 3?
[shimmie]661[/shimmie]
A guy can dream...
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Tsundere Lightning

That's also a Intimacy 4 action.

Basically, if you're groping them for mutual lulz, kissing them, see them naked (hullo thar Emi and Rin) or try to kill them - Int 4.

Also keep in mind those are minimum actions. You can have had sex with someone and not be at Int 5. It's just if you're at Int 5, you must have had sex with them.

Also, the response has been fairly good, so ladies and mentlegen, everyone's favorite moeblob, Hanako, as an Innocent Sweetheart pilot!

Hanako Izekawa
Innocent Sweetheart
Relationships:
4/1: Rin Tezuka. "She's helped me. ...I needed the help. We understand each other." "When she got burned I think she focused on the half of her that turned to coal, but now that we need it she's focusing on the part of her that's still burning and bright and warm. That's good, I think."
3/2 Shizune Hakamachi. "D...does she hate me? Sometimes it seems like it, but others... she's scary, and confusing, and makes me wish I wasn't a Pilot, sometimes." "(For all her reclusiveness, for all her unwarranted shame, still she fights. You are more beautiful than you know, if you still Pilot. I pray Lilly comes to her senses and comes down hard on your mistakes. I know I must.)"
3/2 Hisao Nakai. "He knows when to talk to me and when to leave me alone. He has good taste in books. And he's good at chess. ...Thank you for letting me lose at chess." "She gave me a run for her money, and I lose to her when she beats me. She is so beautiful, and she thinks she's so ugly. This is a worse war crime then the actual fire. Fucking Nightmares."
2/5 Lilly Satoh (Experienced Anchor). "She is quiet, quieter than me. She game me time to trust her, to trust her advice. ...It's saved my life more than one. I love her, a little." "This will be hard on her. I cannot afford to make it harder. She is stronger than she looks, but she is still fragile. I will strengthen her, but slowly. After all, the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
2/4 Emi Izabaraki. "Sometimes I need to be out in the sun with a friend. Sometimes I need to be alone in the dark with a book. I don't want to tell her to leave me alone, but sometimes I need to..." "She always looks sad. It's hard not to try to cheer her up when I know I'll make it worse."
2/1 Kenji Setouh. "I just want him to stop saying those things about me..." "No matter how quiet, you cannot be too careful about the enemies of Mankind."
1/3 Misha Mikado. "She just speaks for Shizu, but at least she's fair in translating." "Shichan won't slack off on you, and I won't either! (Laughs)"
1/2 Everyone else. "No one should have to go through what the Nightmares put me through. The aliens frighten me, but I... I must fight back, for that reason."
Bliss: 13.

EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

You made Shizune not-bitchy-and-irritating. I approve. Some of the numbers (mainly Hanako's) are a little weird but it's your call. Got a Rin for us?
The Commissar

Post by The Commissar »

I like. Read the book, looks interesting, may try to get my IRC group into it, or hijack you on TVTropes and see if we can get people for an irc game, or if that fails, Play by Post (ugh).
Srikali

Post by Srikali »

I'm up for a Bliss stage game if it comes down to it.
Rue rue, combat the government.
Tsundere Lightning

Srikali wrote:I'm up for a Bliss stage game if it comes down to it.
I would be willing to run the Yamaku Academy ANIMa Corps game, come to that. But if you did, you would stat your own pilots, of course.

Lilly is Hanako's Anchor. This is canon. :roll:

And did someone ask for Rin?

Rin Tezuka
Carefree Hedonist
Relationships:
4/2 Emi Izibaraki (Saavy Anchor). "I think she's my Anchor because she keeps my thoughts moored when I need them to stay put, because when your mind wanders into a nightmare then the nightmares can steal it, and then you don't have a mind when you need one, I think." "And I think it's because you need to love and trust your Pilot, and it's impossible not to kind of love someone who lets you put on her flightsuit for her."
4/1 Hanako Izekawa. "When she got burned I think she focused on the half of her that turned to coal, but now that we need it she's focusing on the part of her that's still burning and bright and warm. That's good, I think." "She's helped me. ...I needed the help. We understand each other."
4/1 The Nurse (Authority). "He is my hands and Emi's legs and Shizune's voice and Hisao's heart. And all of that to all of us. He doesn't sleep. I thought you needed to, but it's good that he doesn't. They can only see you when you sleep, so he's invisible to the enemy." "When I'm running on fumes, she reminds me why I make the effort."
3/1 Hisao Nakai. "Huh, so it wasn't in your pants. That's what people mean when they say sleep together? Personally I would have just said fucked, but that's me. Was it fun?" "I like talking with her... which is mostly sitting next to her as she thinks, and being a sounding board. I feel like I'm dealing with the tip of a vast, deep iceberg whenever she says something profound. Then I lose her with the next sentence... oh well. We understand each other."
3/1 Lilly Satoh. "Hanako is still burning, and she knows when to fan the flames and when to let them cool. She's good at it, too, no matter what Shizuke says." "If only all pilots were so reasonable. We are good friends."
2/2 Misha Mikado. "Her loud is not angry the way Shizuke's signs are angry and loud. Her speaking for Shizuke helps a lot. She's a little annoying, but so am I." "Heh-heh... Not a good friend, but a friend. And a Pilot. She's weird. I like her."
1/4 Kenji Setouh. "He is less crazy then we think. We can always count on him. Not to do the right thing, but to do the same thing. This is enough." "Always the quiet ones. Still, she is not the worst threat. For now."
1/1 Shizune Hakamachi. "Fire in the head is not the only way to fight. The clouds in my head can shoot lightning if I need them too. Don't worry about me. Don't scream at me the way you do with your hands when I try to ride the lightning. It's distracting." "(Use. Your. Words.)"
1 / 2 Everyone else. "I like to be alive. I assume the others do, do. I try to help them with that."
Bliss: 16.

Tsundere Lightning

The Commissar wrote: ...or if that fails, Play by Post (ugh).
AHAHAHAHAHA~ NO.

Play by post hates me.

Post by Guest »

So, did Tsundere Lightning have a hand in the creation of the game, or does he just really, really like it?

Also, if there's any way to get in on a Bliss Stage game, I'd be willing to namefag for a campaign or two.
The Commissar

Post by The Commissar »

He's a big fan of the game, he made the page over at the TVTropes page.
Srikali

Post by Srikali »

You can find a PDF of the rules somewhere on /rs/ probably. Also, we have three people up for the game so far, by my count (not including TL).