ITT: wacky and zany KS comparisons

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Lawls

say we get something unexpected in

Post by Lawls »

in the Tezuka or Ibarazaki arc since what we see coming in the Satou and Hakamichi is a confrontation between their siblings and you will somehow mediate it what if when you play with Tezuka as a love interest the devs make a whole loooooong arc like "Heavens feel" where the whole main story is very different from the other arcs. (yeah I think the devs are going to blow us away with the Tezuka and Ibarazaki routs) Just a feeling I have since they aren't releasing anything about it or hinting about post act one with those two.

Now F/SN
Tezuka uses darkness to corrupt Satou thus creating alter Satou.
Mikado is also corrupted.
Nakia choses to save Tezuka
Ibarazaki must close the gate
Ikezawa is rider
Hakamichi acts as Rin

(having the devs copy paste heavens feel then put their own twist on it would work for me too)
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
bitpeg

Re: say we get something unexpected in

Post by bitpeg »

Lawls wrote:in the Tezuka or Ibarazaki arc since what we see coming in the Satou and Hakamichi is a confrontation between their siblings and you will somehow mediate it what if when you play with Tezuka as a love interest the devs make a whole loooooong arc like "Heavens feel" where the whole main story is very different from the other arcs. (yeah I think the devs are going to blow us away with the Tezuka and Ibarazaki routs) Just a feeling I have since they aren't releasing anything about it or hinting about post act one with those two.

Now F/SN
Tezuka uses darkness to corrupt Satou thus creating alter Satou.
Mikado is also corrupted.
Nakia choses to save Tezuka
Ibarazaki must close the gate
Ikezawa is rider
Hakamichi acts as Rin

(having the devs copy paste heavens feel then put their own twist on it would work for me too)
Anyone care to explain this in lay-man's terms?
These fermions smell positively ionic.
Nintendo Maniac 64

Re: ITT: wacky and zany KS comparisons

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

Lay-man's? Alright...

Rin = Sakura (namely, Dark Sakura)
Lilly = Saber
Misha = possibly Berserker?
Hisao = Shirou
Emi = Ilya
Hanako = Rider
Shizune = Rin
Katawa Shoujo's resident straight male kuutsundere.
(because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

bitpeg

Post by bitpeg »

Oh, that makes much more sense.
These fermions smell positively ionic.
ZystraL

Post by ZystraL »

Vertical wrote:Naomi - Overclocked CPU with the voltage cranked.
I lol'd HARD.

Portable games consoles:
Shizune: PSP. Because it can do almost everything.
Misha: Isn't portable.
Lilly: Original GameBoy. Because bad vision is better than no vision.
Rin: Nintendo DS (Original).
This one I had fun logic-ing. Basically, the DS was, is, the first games console you could actually freely manipulate game elements with, thanks to the touch screen, making it very artsy in my opinion. PictoChat especially if it wasn't for the fact that all I ever saw at school were penises left, right and center. Plus, the DS is one of few games consoles you can play without hands. The original DS firmware was as ambiguous and difficult to get into as Rin is.
Hanako: This one really made me think. I would probably say the GameBoy Micro, because it's small, and therefore often to lose/not notice, which is perfect for what Hanako wants. It's also small, quiet and doesn't do much, just like Hanako.
And it's also the only games console I can think of that has ever had anything to do with a flammable substance
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

^^That's a home-made portable NES in the picture, not a Gameboy Micro.
Katawa Shoujo's resident straight male kuutsundere.
(because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

TemporaryFile7

Post by TemporaryFile7 »

Left 4 Dead zombies

Misha: Boomer: Spews either words or bile. Also both are rather large in the waist.
Shizune: Hunter: An aggressive fighter, can strike without warning.
Emi: Witch: Both fast. Really fast.
Rin: Tank: Acts on emotion rather than intellect. Both are awesome.
Lilly: Common Infected: Easy to sneak up on.
Hanako: Smoker: Where there's smoke...
Tom Noble

Post by Tom Noble »

Fanatical wrote:Sorry to essentially double-post both here and the shimmie, but I've been a hard-core lurker for sometime, and I wanted to know if anyone can/would be glad to add their thoughts on to this. It's a Persona 4(with elements of 1 and 2)/Katawa Shoujo crossover. Because who doesn't love those? It seems to be it should go in this thread, so... Here we go.

Shadow Hanako is on fire, her hair long whip-like strands that she can attack the party with; her body is crisscrossed with highly unrealistic burning and scar tissue, and her eyes are glassy orbs as if they've been burned over. She also flails around wildly, making her body look much larger or smaller than it is (body issues, much?). Her card would be the Hermit, her persona Sati. Fire attacks would be her specialty.

Shadow Emi is being dragged through the mud by a roman-style chariot; instead of wheels however, it's been pulled by a horde of expressionless, blank-faced and athletic young women. She's obviously in great pain, and struggling against the pull of the chariot, which attempts to trample anything in her way. Her card would be the Chariot, and her persona would be Atlas. Specialty would be fast, accurate, and incredibly damaging physical attacks. Body slam!

Shadow Rin: "Walls. Walls are crashing down everywhere, and it's in and out of my mind. People always ask me if I'm on drugs. Is it because of the way I talk? Or because I'm an artist? I'm crazy, so I have to be. Be on drugs, I mean. It's you, isn't it? You paint with rumors, and it's ugly. Looking bad there, pal."

Rin's shadow is 'painted' across the backdrop of the school. It constantly taunts the party and murmurs menacing half-truths; it also attacks multiple times per turn with status effects and powerful Hama/Mudo spells. Occasionally, she'll 'disappear' into the mural, and become invulnerable to attack for several turns. She'll taunt you again when she's about to pop out and unless a 'Shades of Grey' attack that damages the entire party for a large amount of damage. Her card would be the Magician, her specialty status-effect spells, stat-lowering spells and the instant-death type skills from the Hama/Light school. Her persona would be Dada. Who totally transcended into Personahood upon his death.

Shadow Lily looks completely normal at first, but her eyes are closed. She occasionally taps the ground with her cane, sending tremors through the earth that cause large amounts of damage, but are otherwise nothing special. After awhile, her eyes shoot open; they are completely grey and iriseless, but flecked with gold. She screams throughout the entire battle, and begins hurling the entirety of the tea room against the party telekinetically, and using strong earth-based (Magna, from the old P1/P2 series of games) attacks. Her card would be Justice, and her specialty earth based attacks and healing. Her Persona would be Izanami.

Shadow Shizune: She's wearing a highly stylized uniform reminescent of Patton, and driving a type 97 Chi-Ha tank, with an implacable smile on her face. Throughout the battle, she repeatedly signs 'are you having fun?'. Halfway through the incredibly grueling battle, the tank explodes, launching a whimpering Shizune onto the ground; the battle becomes ridiculously easy; Shizune occasionally signs things that Misha can only half interpret. "... This isn't what I wan't..." "... Do you only see me like this..?" "... Why can't you speak to me!..." The battle ends if you beat her or run away(which has become stop fight). Her card is Judgement, and her specialty is moves that exploit weaknesses, mostly physical attacks that have high crit possibility/do more damage under certain conditions; she also has the highest endurance/willpower of any character. Her persona is Patton.
Immediately after the battle, you fight Shadow Misha.

Shadow Misha is laughing entire fight, but it's mixed with regular dry sobs. Her skin, hair, and muscle tissues flakes away as she takes damage, and she casts no shadow. Huge, larger than life statues of Shizune occasionally rocket out of the earth to protect her; you must destroy them before you can attack Misha. Radiation poisoning from her attack countdown, gives the player only several turns to finish the battle before everyone expires. Her card is the Hierophant, and her Persona is Sadako Sasaki. She gets most elemental attacks, and also stat-up spells that affect the entire party and cure conditions/revive.

Shadow Kenji is a little boy wearing oversized glasses and a ridiculous scarf. He's surrounded by blurry shapes that all appear to be making fun of him; constant whispers and weird voices are heard during the fight. His scarf appears to be strangling him, and a spotlight illuminates that it's attached to the roof. When he attacks, the blurry figures remove chunks of his skin, and instead of blood, obfusticating black smoke pours fourth. He uses a lot of instant death Mudo/Dark type spells and stat-lowering attacks, as well as strong electrical attacks.. 3/4 of the way through, he starts begging Hisao to rescue him, to see him for who he really is. His card is the Hanged Man, his specialties are Mudo/Dark moves and the Jio/Zio spells. His persona is Baruch Spinoza.

I don't know enough for Akira or Hideaki yet, but Akira is the Emporer, and Hideaki the Empress. Make of that what you will. Also, Hisao is the World, not only to buck tradition of the last two Persona games, but because his story is backwords; he goes from a completed journey back down, examining life from a new perspective. This fits the Fool, but takes a more ironic stance when we use the World.
You are my god damn hero.

Freaking. LOVE the Persona series.

I think my favorite is either Kenji's or Rin's because of how damn creative they are.

Disappearing into a painting is VERY fitting for Rin's character.
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

Elements, perhaps?

Rin = Nickel
Nickel has metallic inter-mollecular forces and so has a high melting point, resembling Rin's integrity and unabashed coolness. It is also conductive, representing her ability to express herself through art (even though the same can't be said for her speech). Nickel is also common in asteroids, and Rin is a fairly spaced out type of gal.

Emi = Copper
A fairly common metal, but it is extremely conductive, representing her enthusiasm and expression. It has a lower melting point than Nickel though, showing she can get a little anxious at times (when Hisao mocks her lack of height)

Lilly = Silver
A fairly soft metal with a 'meh' melting point, showing that she can get a little flustered/irritated at times (around Rin/Shizune). It is the most conductive element out there, though, so it shows she can express herself very well and can get along even with the most unsocial of the bunch. Silver is of course, shiny, and Lilly is a classy lady indeed.

Shizune = Carbon (as diamond)
Super hard, super high melting point. Not much more to explain. It can also be fashioned into cutting tools, representing her sharp intellect and abiliy to dice people into meaningless heaps of goo. It is also an insulator...and she can't talk.

Hanako = Thallium
A very low density, low melting point metal. It is also very soft (soft enough to be cut with a knife), showing her lack of integrity and confidence. It also develops an oxide coating when exposed to air, possibly similar to her habit of cloaking herself from the rabble.

How dull.
Last edited by Quidoo on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sakura Tenshi

Post by Sakura Tenshi »

Quidoo wrote:Elements
Shizune = Diamond
Super hard, super high melting point. Not much more to explain. It can also be fashioned into cutting tools, representing her sharp intellect and abiliy to dice people into meaningless heaps of goo. It is also an insulator...and she can't talk.
Wouldn't you mean Carbon? Diamond is not it's own element, last I checked.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Sakura Tenshi wrote:
Shizune = Diamond
Different formations of carbon have radically different properties, though.
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

Sakura Tenshi wrote:
Shizune = Diamond
True, true.

But as SirMax said, the structure of the stuff can change the properties immensely. I wouldn't compare her to graphite, for example.
I suppose I should put carbon instead, though, as you are correct. I'll edit it now.
"Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil!"
Sakura Tenshi

Post by Sakura Tenshi »

@ both Quidoo and Max, sorry about the nitpicking, science was one of my favorite subjects back in school (and yet I remember so little now) and as amusing as the meme was, I get psychopathically anal retentive when such a thing comes up. (THIS IS HOW SOCRATES HELD BACK REAL SCIENCE, PEOPLE!)

Reference:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... turerIsYou

And randomly, being a MMORPG (City of Heroes specifically) nerd:

Emi - DPS as the most athletic, active, and dare I say; healthy of the cast, even moreso than some of the people actually lacking disabilities. Likely a melee "scrapper" type.
Alt: Tank, by virtue of holding the highest constitution (seemingly of both body and mind) of all the characters.

Rin - Mezzer, a very unconventional train of thought, plus I could imagine her trying to get her locked down foes just right for them to make an arial picture, screencap it, and post it on the forums.
Alt: Debuffer, similar train of logic, though possibly a hybrid of these two.

Shizune - Jack of Trades, she demonstrates a lot of wit, doesn't seem in too bad physical condition, and is probably someone who would acknowledge the power of the necessity of all aspect to be complete, I just really don't see her as the kind to allow for holes in her build.
Alt: Debuffer, notice how she persistently errodes at one's defenses and will until the next thing you know, you are in the student Council.

Misha - Due to little knowledge about what or even if Misha has a disability, I find myself limited to the idea of her being a tank as support to Shizune, and her loud voice attracting a lot of attention or...
Alt: DPS, scrapper type. No thought to it, just go in and kick ass.

Hanako - DPS of the ninja kind, she's shown as quick in short bursts, a person who would favor hiding and evading, would also probably solo a lot and keep any of the global chat channels shut off with the exception of Lilly and possibly (depending on your ending) Hisao.
Alt: Nuker, just wanting everyone to DISAPPEAR! *Boom!* Plus, the whole fragility thing.

Lilly - Healer would be an obvious choice, given her rather balming nature, the considering she's also such a staunch protector she might also fit as a...
Alt: Tank.

Hisao - Nuker, he's got a mean throwing arm but really can't keep it up, or take a hit.
Alt: Pet master, he is an Ero-game MC afterall, thus lots of connects of people who can help him.

Kenji - Trapper, who knows what defenses he's set up against the Feminists in his room?
Alt: Debuffer, staring at his cro- I mean Fig Leaf is an instant -1000% to all your stats.

Nurse - ... Do you really have to ask?
Alt: None, because he would never allow himself to be anything but.

Muto - Probably a mezzer for purposes of the challenge and intellectual requirement to keep up.
Alt: Healer, as it it can also be tough and require some fore thought to play a good healer.

Yuuko - NPC, one who's model is recycled throughout the game ad infinitium.
ROFLWAFFLE!

Post by ROFLWAFFLE! »

Mortal "Katawa" (Mortal Kombat)

Hisao - "Liu Kang" or "Taven"
Shizune - "Frost"
Emi - "Li Mei"
Hinako - "Khameleon"
Rin - "Sonya Blade"
Lilly - "Ashrah" (Would have said Kenshi)
Misha - "Sindel"
Kenji - "Noob Saibot"
Muto - "Raiden"
Nurse - "Shang Tsung"
"Michael Jackson ain't dead, he's just hiding somewhere in South America with Elvis n' 2pac."
coldacid

Katawa Shoujo Evangelion

Post by coldacid »

Hisao: Shinji, of course. Starts off as a moody wuss, eventually takes a level in badass (full game).
Shizune: Gendo. Honestly surprised that there's no fanart of her as Gendo, considering that they're both such diabolical chessmasters. Alternatively, Asuka, but she strikes me as more similar to Gendo.
Misha: Fuyutsuki, if for no reason other than that she's always Shizune's right-hand girl.
Rin: Rei. It's the oddness.
Emi: Misato. Full of energy, and causes problems for Hisao/Shinji.
Lilly: Ritsuko. Usually calm and collected, but with a heat inside that sometimes shows. (Her vs Shizune is like a darker version of Ritsuko vs Misato.)
Hinako: Maya Ibuki (the female computer tech). Highly devoted to Lilly, just as Maya is to Ritsuko.
Kenji: Toji. A pain in the ass to deal with, but a friend all the same.
<coldacid> hanak-o's
<coldacid> taste best when burnt