Katawa Shoujo fightan game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Dice

Re: Katawa Shoujo fightan game

Post by Dice »

Hey, I saw this and decided to throw my hat into the ring with a few suggestions. I'm not exactly a huge fighting game fan, mainly because I'm no good at them whatsoever. Still, you guys might like some of these, or take some of the concepts and build on them in your own way.

Misha- Some of the first words that come to my mind when I think of Misha are energetic, drills, and heavy. Also Wahaha. She also seems to act like a sort of shield for Shizune. Taking these into account, Misha seems like she'd be slow with a high defense. While her actual movement speed would be god-awful, maybe her attacks would be her main way of getting around? Using momentum to do things like sliding haymakers, and knocking her opponent around, could be parts of her play style.

Or, I also pictured things like a giga drill breaker a-la Gurren Lagann, though maybe other mecha-based attacks could work too? Inazuma Kick? More like Wahahaha Kick.

Muto: Seeing as how we don't know too much about his personality, I don't have much. He's a science teacher, so maybe projectile attacks involving throwing beakers of acidic chemicals?

Nurse: Besides injectors, nurses do have scalpels, which might be good for quick short ranged attacks. Or, seeing as how his job is to heal, he could use his skills to do the opposite? If you go with this then perhaps he would specialize in debuffs to weaken his opponents.

Anyway, that's all I've got for now.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

I think we were trying to keep things at "semi-ridiculous" on the scale of believability, rather than TTGL-level stuff, but if anyone disagrees then the Misha-Mecha suggestions could be applicable. The general Nurse idea I've got, but I'm just wondering how his moveset would look: would he be just throwing random biology-looking things at his opponents and slashing haphazardly with his scalpel, or would he be a Medical Kung-Fu Master who unleashes his lethal poisons upon his opponents by using his knowledge of anatomy to strike with surgical precision?

And don't worry about Muto. Muto is an utter badass and I will treat him as such. His moveset will be awesome assuming the spriters can handle all that awesome.
Ricardo Nation

Post by Ricardo Nation »

For everyone's consideration: Shizune and Misha as a unit, or two distinct characters? Also, let's hear some words on whether people want this to be Street Fighter or Guilty Gear, here. Me and EternalLurker are knocking heads in PM over that and it makes a very big difference from a design perspective.

of course this means nothing without talented people to do the real work~
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

As a reminder, this post, starting from the highlighted word, is what we mean with that comparison in terms of combos. However, the issue we're discussing at the moment is aerial mobility: walking and jumping like Street Fighter versus double-and-triple-jumping and air-dashing like in most doujin games. The former has smaller maps, the characters taking up a large part of the screen; the latter has much larger maps, especially (obviously) vertically, and the characters are comparatively smaller. The games used as examples in that post still fit this comparison. Opinions, people?

Also, another talent we're missing here: do we have any aspiring voice actors?
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

EternalLurker wrote:As a reminder, this post, starting from the highlighted word, is what we mean with that comparison in terms of combos. However, the issue we're discussing at the moment is aerial mobility: walking and jumping like Street Fighter versus double-and-triple-jumping and air-dashing like in most doujin games. The former has smaller maps, the characters taking up a large part of the screen; the latter has much larger maps, especially (obviously) vertically, and the characters are comparatively smaller. The games used as examples in that post still fit this comparison. Opinions, people?

Also, another talent we're missing here: do we have any aspiring voice actors?
Personally, I'm leaning more towards Street Fighter-esque. I'm not sure if my suspension of disbelief can handle Rin walljumping twice and drop-kicking Muto in the face.
静音是买外夫
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Yet it's going to handle Lilly fighting at all? o_O
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

It would be a good base to start from.

Post by Guest »

I think it should be more combo-based, as I find I like the flashy effects and actual skill needed, but that's just me.

I also know someone who sounded just like the Misha that talked in my head as I read: Loud, sometimes annoying, and adorable all at once. Also has a big, loud laugh. I'm not sure how she would take this, though.
Ricardo Nation

Post by Ricardo Nation »

I've got a friend who's an aspiring voice actor and has a super adorable squeaky voice. Probably perfect for Emi.
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Ricardo Nation wrote:I've got a friend who's an aspiring voice actor and has a super adorable squeaky voice. Probably perfect for Emi.

Adorable squeaky voice, huh?
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Ricardo Nation

Post by Ricardo Nation »

She isn't doing the squeak purposefully, and doesn't screech.
Unami Araragi

Post by Unami Araragi »

I hope the fighting gameplay would be something like Street Fighter and Tekken concept, you know what I mean?
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Except those two have nothing in common? Street Fighter is 2D and combos are focused on keeping your opponent standing as you pummel them except for (occasionally) ending with a launcher into super. Tekken is 3D and combos revolve around juggling your opponent halfway across the screen. Tekken combo damage is a significant chunk of the enemy's lifebar; in Street Fighter, at least without using supers, it takes quite a few combos to kill an opponent unless you're Zangief. And due to the slower movement and lack of quick overheads (for most characters) in most of the SF series, there isn't that much of a high-low mixup, making projectiles, chipping-damage and tick throws much more important for punishing turtlers than they are in Tekken.

So, no, I don't really know what you mean. Care to elaborate? :P
Ricardo Nation

Post by Ricardo Nation »

He could well mean staying on the ground, but with a somewhat floatier juggle system than several SF games support. Maybe like 3S level?
sonnysonny

Post by sonnysonny »

I dont care about anything except Kenji chugging whiskey, and Misha using power-tool hair. If these two are included then I will do anything you ask.
Im in your house, kicking your ass.