Katawa Shoujo fightan game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

EmP|ty

Re: Katawa Shoujo fightan game

Post by EmP|ty »

Snicket wrote:
Guest wrote:Possible stages? While I personally don't expect this fangame to ever get past the brainstorming phase, some of the places in KS would make pretty awesome fighting game stages:

Well this 'idea' could actually get off the ground if we found a coder. I say we should use the Mugen Engine, since its the most popular and 'apparently' easiest to work with. Also we need some one who can make a few dozen sprites for each character.

I already said I'd help with that if needed :/

I've only recently started using the MUGEN engine but I have some of the basics down.
If you guys are serious about this I'm willing to help.
aminatep

Post by aminatep »

An interesting idea.
So, if the girls' fighting styles must be based on both their personality and disability...
Shizune's fighting style must definitely be based on aikido due to manipulative character. I think of Axl Low's "Hit me" special.
What do you think of throat-hitting move causing temporal muteness and therefore blocking most of enemy specials?
Calling out your attacks is very important, you know.
Assuming we'll find sound actors, yes.

Rin should use headbutts instead of punches. Due to her randomness she should have a powerful special: number of random kicks and headbutts from random directions being almost impossible to be fully blocked because of it.
We've seen a number of moves like Gulie's Flash Kick to make her moveset. A number of good aerial moves is also supposed to be. Her overall style... Using almost only legs makes me think of that type of karate training where your arms are tied and you are to defeat your opponent(s).
Finally, how are you supposed to block with no arms? Blocking with a leg makes you lose balance. Therefore, her block must be a dodge (she's very flexible, so... hello Neo). Also it means that she should have some interesting moves starting from a successful dodging (being shared by Shizune, of course, but Shicchan must be more specialized in it).
Alternative to dodging is not noticing the attacks, therefore, they don't do damage.

Speaking of aerial combos, it's kind of hard to jump with a lack of leg muscles. So Emi must be specialized in ground combat and have a lot of dashing specials (Hello Balrog). Aerial kick specials must be very powerful (you know... hitting flesh with steel is effective) but capable of making her lose balance, fall and take self-damage if countered properly.
A fast-moving && fast-attacking && hot-so-hard-hitting character with a lack of double-jumps is untypical, I think.

Everything is said about our local Zatoichi. Slow movements, fast and long-distanced attacks, lack of powerful specials on punching and closer distance. Maybe her attacks must be harder to dodge because she's not fooled by false movements?
Assuming that we're not centered on realism she should have some specials based on turning off the light for a while and then doing something (kind of teleportation, yes. maybe her most powerful special must be only done in darkness)

Hanako... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ch ... ment#Ignus
toast

Post by toast »

Seeing your doodles of rin reminds of that one guy from Tales of Symphonia who used the greaves. Regal Bryant, I think it was.
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed
aminatep

Post by aminatep »

s/doodles/random ideas based on experience/

I'm not a big fan of the "Tails of" series, so...
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

EmP|ty wrote: I already said I'd help with that if needed :/

I've only recently started using the MUGEN engine but I have some of the basics down.
If you guys are serious about this I'm willing to help.
sorry dude, i must of not seen that post.

anyway, we could 'probably' use a preexisting move set for each character. all we'd need to do is swap out the spites of the character with a Ks one.
Poli-Gluttanous

Post by Poli-Gluttanous »

For most of the characters' movesets, I try to compare them with known fighting game characters as archetypes.

For Rin, a more or less straight rip of Kim from King of Fighters, for the leg focus, or maybe Momoko instead, if you think Kim's fighting style too direct, not Rin-ish enough.

Shizune, I liked that Aikido idea; long as she has a fair few throws and counters, though, it should work.

For Lilly, have her move slowly and either be almost entirely counter-centric or have specials that are a bunch of fast, wide attacks; counters would have her know where her opponent was before she hit, and the auto-combos would have her simply hit everywhere they might be.

Misha: Sonic attacks.

Hanako should attack from range when possible, so I guess make her a shotoclone; I know it's old and probably in bad taste, but she needs at least a fireball.

I've got no idea how Emi should fight, except that she should be the fastest and most direct, maybe like Sean from SF3; I figure most of her specials should revolve around closing distance.

Hisao should be our Shingo: His attacks will be fairly simple and direct, and relatively high power, but have a chance of doing anything from, say, 150% base damage to 25% base damage, to inflicting damage on him based on how his heart's doing.

Kenji...I dunno, but it needs to be wierd. Maybe traps like Rachel or Bridget, maybe just odd movement patterns, like Arakune or Faust. Not sure.
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Hisao should have a Primal Rage-style health meter :twisted:

If you've played it, you'll get it. If not, see attached image.
Attachments
primal rage-1.jpg
primal rage-1.jpg (15.95 KiB) Viewed 6984 times
EmP|ty

Post by EmP|ty »

U.T. Raptor wrote:Hisao should have a Primal Rage-style health meter :twisted:

If you've played it, you'll get it. If not, see attached image.

Oh god, I lol'd.

Man Primal Rage, that brings back memories.
techk8

Post by techk8 »

Pitching in another idea. I prefer wacky and zany intros to the fight, not just some "READY? FIGHT!" Like Guilty Gear (HEAVEN OR HELL. DUEL 1. LET'S ROCK!) and BlazBlue (GUERRILLA FATE IS TURNING, WEBEL 1, ACTION!), this game should have some interesting intros to the game. Something related to the title, I suppose?
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Poli-Gluttanous

Post by Poli-Gluttanous »

techk8 wrote:Pitching in another idea. I prefer wacky and zany intros to the fight, not just some "READY? FIGHT!" Like Guilty Gear (HEAVEN OR HELL. DUEL 1. LET'S ROCK!) and BlazBlue (GUERRILLA FATE IS TURNING, WEBEL 1, ACTION!), this game should have some interesting intros to the game. Something related to the title, I suppose?
Nice idea, but what would it be?

Also, should get some character-specific variations: If Shizune's on the field, the voice doesn't play. If Lilly's on the field, the text doesn't show up. Hisao should get a whole different intro, something heart related. I dunno, maybe (and possibly in really heavy Engrish accent) "THE HEART HAS STOPPED! RECOVERY: ONE! CLEAR!" Along with his intro animation, which is him getting up from one knee, clutching his chest.

Also: Guerrilla?
aminatep

Post by aminatep »

the voice doesn't play.
does.
Misha's.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

aminatep wrote:
the voice doesn't play.
does.
Misha's.
but it adds a "WAHAHAHAHAHA~!" at the end that's not in the text. :mrgreen:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

If anyone wants some inspiration, I'd direct you to this.
静音是买外夫
Callonia

Post by Callonia »

How about having Rin use brazil leg kick martial arts?

Can't remember if it requires use of arm or not..
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Capoeira? It most certainly does unless your neck is superhumanly strong.