Katawa Shoujo fightan game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

EmP|ty

Re: Katawa Shoujo fightan game

Post by EmP|ty »

If you need a hand with the actual coding I'll be happy to give you a hand.
Just PM me if you want.
I like the ideas given for Rin and Shizune so far.

"
Lilly Should have an animation where, after winning, she just keeps swinging her cane. "Take this you cur!And this! And this and this!."
"Lilly! The fight's over! You win!"
"Um.. As I thought! Huzzah!"
"

That made me laugh pretty hard.
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

A_Gray_Phantom wrote:Kenji should brawl like a man. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-F3Drzr ... PL&index=1 (and if anyone can teach me to make these links smaller please do and thank you.)
Anything after the first ampersand is unnecessary. would be sufficient.

Would you ever consider using a tag-off mode? I don't remember which games use it, but basically you pick 2+ characters and they fight 1 on 1. At some point during the battle, though, they can jump out and have their partner jump into the fight. That could allow you to create some extra interactions between each set of duos (Shizune/Misha, Lilly/Hanako, Emi/Rin) in the form of tag combos. For example, you could have Misha do a crippling laugh that causes everyone on the map to cringe in ear-splitting pain... except for Shizune who can't hear it, who promptly goes on an all-out rampage in the downtime.
Anonymous22
sounds kinda gay

Post by Anonymous22 »

darkblade986 wrote:
A_Gray_Phantom wrote:Kenji should brawl like a man. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-F3Drzr ... PL&index=1 (and if anyone can teach me to make these links smaller please do and thank you.)
Anything after the first ampersand is unnecessary. would be sufficient.

Would you ever consider using a tag-off mode? I don't remember which games use it, but basically you pick 2+ characters and they fight 1 on 1. At some point during the battle, though, they can jump out and have their partner jump into the fight. That could allow you to create some extra interactions between each set of duos (Shizune/Misha, Lilly/Hanako, Emi/Rin) in the form of tag combos. For example, you could have Misha do a crippling laugh that causes everyone on the map to cringe in ear-splitting pain... except for Shizune who can't hear it, who promptly goes on an all-out rampage in the downtime.

That would be dumb. Striker/Assist systems always needlessly complicate the game, and tag systems means you have more characters to fight, meaning less time, which often means character health has to be dropped down to compensate or attacks have to be stronger. That ruins the purity of it.
hurr durr
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Well there are other fighting engines on the net that may have other 'customizable options'. Mugun is just the easiest one to work with since there are tons of add-ons and help forums.
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

Anonymous22 wrote:That would be dumb. Striker/Assist systems always needlessly complicate the game, and tag systems means you have more characters to fight, meaning less time, which often means character health has to be dropped down to compensate or attacks have to be stronger. That ruins the purity of it.
But of course, being a video game, you could always establish the game with either 1 health bar for both players or 2 health bars, one for each character, whereby you automatically tag into your partner when a health bar reaches 0; first to faint both opponent's win.

On that note, I'd love to see this project work, and I'd be more than willing to help with the planning phase, such as determining what all moves each character has, how they play, etc.
ZystraL

Post by ZystraL »

I think this is coming out like the original KS - a bunch of ideas thrown everywhere but only a few people willing to see it through.

albeit, I'll be willing to sprite and shit for this if it takes off.
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

That could easily be incorporated into an opening title sequence...

"A game by random people based on a game by random people based on a sketch by a random artist"
ZystraL

Post by ZystraL »

darkblade986 wrote:That could easily be incorporated into an opening title sequence...

"A game by random people based on a game by random people based on a sketch by a random artist"
Why does that sound like such a good idea?
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.
Fishmonkey

Post by Fishmonkey »

Here's a quick animated gif showing how I planning on designing Emi's stance. She basically jogs in place. Her bread and butter move is a running dash that can have multiple finishers like Guy from SFA3 and El Fuerte.

And I'm thinking about changing Lily's "blind samurai" style to "blind-folded pinata whacker" style. It seems more hilarious and in-character that way.
Attachments
emistance5.gif
emistance5.gif (52.73 KiB) Viewed 7870 times
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Well i'd like to know, if your going with the boxy pix-elated sprites, shaded sprites or maybe your going to 3d model them. (ive seen all three) I can help you with some of the back ground elements and sprites, but that depends on what 'thing' your going with. (3d, classic pixel,or hand drawn shaded)
Fishmonkey

Post by Fishmonkey »

My current plan is to use moderately high res sprites. They'll be about the same size as that colored Rin in the first post.
Sleepycat

Post by Sleepycat »

Also, does anyone have any ideas for ridiculous special attacks?
Well, since you asked...

Lilly: she is the perfect blind swordsman. Girl + sword = love, so i won't waste time on this.

Shizune: i'd give her an air/space cutting attack, something like Mukuro's dimension slicing technique in yuyu hakusho, rei and ryuga in fist of the north star or iori yagami in king of fighters.
It would be awesome if she could cut through her opponent while signing, eventually showing a word or two in the background if the combo connects.
I love the "deafening blast" idea, but as a super. I think her standard projectile should look like heidern's in KOF, something like arcs that travel through the screen.

Hanako: she should have an "awakened form" activated through a super, like kaede and kagami shinnosuke in last blade - bakumatsu rouman. In this state her moves are flame enhanced, her personality is reversed and she talks with a creepy voice. Aw, now i see her with reptile like eyes, yelling "USODA!". I love yandere.

Rin: i'd love to see her fighting with vectors, elfen lied style.

Emi: mecha musume! Give her awesome jet-propelled mechanical legs. You can just turn her running blades into some sort of real cutting ones, instead.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

I am no expert in fighting games but I just want to say that I think this is an interesting idea that could probably become something really enjoyable if followed through.
Sleepycat wrote: Hanako: she should have an "awakened form" activated through a super [...]. In this state her moves are flame enhanced, her personality is reversed and she talks with a creepy voice. Aw, now i see her with reptile like eyes, yelling "USODA!". I love yandere.

Rin: i'd love to see her fighting with vectors, elfen lied style.

Emi: mecha musume! Give her awesome jet-propelled mechanical legs. You can just turn her running blades into some sort of real cutting ones, instead.
I find myself drawn to these ideas - and not only because I could understand them without looking up some terms. :roll:
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

part of me just died reading this topic.

Then I remembered that someone made an Azumanga Daioh fighting game.

Seriously WTF!

I guess it could work.
Vysetron

Post by Vysetron »

I would play the hell out of this game.
I have next to no talent in programming, but if you work with MUGEN I could help. I used to make lots of fun things with that.
Either way, I'll be watching this topic.
Hmm.