Katawa Shoujo fightan game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Ricardo Nation

Re: Katawa Shoujo fightan game

Post by Ricardo Nation »

Where the FUCK did I get Suriko? I meant Snicket.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Don't worry about it dude.
DannyL7773

Post by DannyL7773 »

@Ricardo you probably got Suriko from my post, mentioning I was PMing him/her to inquire about the second topic. The result? We've got a go ahead ^_^ (Thanks Suriko)
Just noticed, you mentioned about work level and how much of a burden it'd be to draw paint splatters. Problem would be coding too. I guess you could use a helper and just not have it destroyed. Other than that there's 2 problems with it. 1. Trip up? Umm. No idea how I'd go about doing that? I never really bothered to learn how to code things like throws. So I know what I'll be doing between now and coding. 2. The player themself can change how many helpers that can be on screen at a time. If they get annoyed at fighting Rin? Nerf her into oblivion by turning helpers down to 1.
You said that we'd need a private board, yes, that's probably best. BUT. We'd still need the second thread here to be able to update the first post.

Contents of first post would be. A little info on the project, engine it's using. The team, then sign-up applications at the bottom? (Just above the PM's me and Suriko swapped, he/she suggested we place them there just in case a mod thinks of merging/locking/deleting the topic) Who's going to make it? It'll have to be someone who's gonna be able to get on regularly, I'll send them the PM's between me and Suriko to put up (I can get on regularly, as a normal, but if family decides they want on, I don't get a say in it, also, internet has been up and down lately). As for board? I'd recommend using something like InvisionFree, easy to use and has all the functionality we'd need.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

If you need some minimal "gruntwork" modding done here, I don't mind doing it. You know, merging, stickying, locking, that kind of thing.

I'm not going to do any real maintenance beyond my usual though.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Halkure wrote: Really liked the ideas you have here. Lilly and Hanako are especially clever. I'd like to see what kicks you dig up for Rin too.

Definitely Misha specials, but I'm not sure how Shizune will play. I'm not a big fan of puppets, and a tag-team might be a lot of work to sprite. Was there speculation of grabs at some point? I think she's better suited to controlling the opponent / having an aggressive style.

Had to look up E. Honda. Torpedo headbutt: yes. :D
Y'know, something about throws and grapples does fit that pair really well. Especially with how they like to surround poor Hicchan. Throws + glomps from Misha sounds downright scary. I also want to see something with a "WA-HA-HA-HA" sound attack special. Projectile maybe?

Whoa... just had a great thought from the idea of Rin throwing paint as a projectile. It's not shown in the KS sprites, but she does mention having a bag right? I'm envisioning something the size of a messenger bag, maybe a little smaller. What if she used it like Jackie Chan in his fight vs Jet Li in Forbidden Kingdom? Maybe use it as part of a set of combo animations - would vary up the strikes, as well as give her a light quick high attack. Bag could also be useful as a fun thing to pull projectile paint supplies out of.
(right around 2:00)
The same video around 0:50 has some nice quick low kick "jabs" any KS girl could use, too.

Guess I should sketch some more simple frames and get 'em up here.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

WAHAHA is more like a taunt. But if we're going to do that, then everyone needs one. Ara ara, ufufu.

Also, I volunteered to code like seven pages back.
X is scientifically proven to Y.
iNceri

Post by iNceri »

stumbled on something ... old
jepp, johnny-style
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

This fits in my definition of "awesome"
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

whiteflags wrote:WAHAHA is more like a taunt. But if we're going to do that, then everyone needs one. Ara ara, ufufu.
Emi = Uguu~
Rin = The problem is in your pants!
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Csihar wrote:
whiteflags wrote:WAHAHA is more like a taunt. But if we're going to do that, then everyone needs one. Ara ara, ufufu.
Emi = Uguu~
Rin = The problem is in your pants!

Emi: "YOU'RE TOO SLOW!"

Rin's taunt would probably be more like nodding off or checking her watch or something.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:Rin's taunt would probably be more like nodding off or checking her watch or something.
Captain Niggawatts wrote:Rin
Captain Niggawatts wrote:checking her watch
what

:P
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

It's on her ankle.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
DannyL7773

Post by DannyL7773 »

Okay, I'll make the second thread now.

@Silentcook, thanks for your offer, much appreciated <3

@iNceri, I think you just nabbed my friend's spot as being my favourite spriter XD That is seriously good.

Post Wars: A New Edit: Thread up

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2488

Post Wars 2: The Edit strikes back:
Team forum is a WIP, expect it up soon

Post Wars 3: Return of the Edit:
Forums up, I'll be PMing the team members.
shadow443

Post by shadow443 »

So here's a sprite edit of your Loli, because I could.
Ah, just wild heaven

Post by Ah, just wild heaven »

Csihar wrote:
Captain Niggawatts wrote:Rin's taunt would probably be more like nodding off or checking her watch or something.
Captain Niggawatts wrote:Rin
Captain Niggawatts wrote:checking her watch
what

:P
Rin's taunt = footpalm
Hurry up, you can still make it!
Oohh~ Run to her and hug her tightly!